Author Topic: is there any chance?  (Read 1301 times)

is there any chance?
« on: June 17, 2010, 02:32:23 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Georgia Tech power forward Derrick Favors is the favorite for the Nets at No. 3, barring some exec in Washington or Philadelphia losing a bet and allowing Kentucky's John Wall or Ohio State's Evan Turner to slip.

That's also discounting the Nets pulling off a blockbuster trade, which always is possible with president Rod Thorn.

I just read this and i thought could we make that blockbuster trade? do we have what to offer? because Turner or Favors i like him both they will be great players and we need those kind of players. Probably Thorn want to make the Nets really good this season so what if we sign and trade Ray plus someone else for whoever end up third on the draft?

Re: is there any chance?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 02:35:26 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
We'd have to trade Rondo to get a pick that high.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 02:38:49 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
Well i thought sign and trade Ray plus Perk for the 3th pick plus some role player to us. I read that Ray is not sure about returning here and Danny is not sure that he will offer contact to Ray so sign and trade him plus Perk who is expiring.

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 02:40:01 PM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
And in a sign and trade scenario Ray would have to be willing to go to New Jersey and who wants to do that?

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 02:41:37 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Well i thought sign and trade Ray plus Perk for the 3th pick plus some role player to us. I read that Ray is not sure about returning here and Danny is not sure that he will offer contact to Ray so sign and trade him plus Perk who is expiring.
Why would they trade for Ray Allen? They already have a 2 guard.

Perkins has a torn up knee and is coming up to a contract year, I don't think he'll have much value anymore.