Author Topic: Tyrus Thomas (merged threads)  (Read 5948 times)

Tyrus Thomas (merged threads)
« on: December 13, 2008, 02:15:32 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Tyrus Thomas is said to be available (per article on espn).

Would you guys have any interest in him, and if so, what'd you give up to get him?

Looks like it would take Scal's salary, plus one or maybe two prospects of Pruitt, Giddens, or Walker.

I don't know.  The guy has undeniable talent.  Size and talent wise, he seems like a young, pre-injury McDyess type of player.  Seems there's a knucklehead factor that needs to be considered.  I think I've heard that he has had some problems with coaches, and with lack of maturity in general, but he's young, and maybe with our veteran laden leaders, they could keep him in line.  Surely he'd be an uber athletic big to add to our front line, and taller than 6'8".

I'd do Scal and one or two of our prospects for him... I think, I mean, if that's all it'd cost.

Just throwing it out there.

Re: What would you give up to give Tyrus Thomas a try?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 02:20:12 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
It's PJ or bust for me (or a similar type vet forward)
Yup

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 02:24:05 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
It's PJ or bust for me (or a similar type vet forward)
I'm inclined to agree.  PJ would be a bigger plus for our playoff push, but if it were a complete steal, I'd snag Thomas up.  Worst case scenario, he'd get no time... just like Giddens and Walker.  Surely Scal's production would be easy to replace.

I don't even think a move like this would preclude getting a PJ type vet too.

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 02:32:49 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
We can't put Tyrus and Big Baby on the same team. They'll be too busy goofing off and partying with each other every night.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

Tyrus Thomas
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 02:43:13 PM »

Offline therightreverend

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Just read on realgm that TT is on the block because Uncle Vinny and him don't get along. Ran a trade check and discovered that Scal and Pruitt would work! I think this would be a great move because it would help us with the small forward issue and open up a roster spot for a big like PJ, Zo, etc. What do you think?

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 02:47:47 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Nothing that wouldn't make them feel insulted. I'm not very high on Thomas.

Thabo Sefolosha, on the other hand, I like and he's also available. I'd let them pick two of Pruitt/Walker/Giddens/POB, plus the rights to Erden, plus the 2nd round pick, plus $3 million of Wyc's money (assuming the financial crisis didn't hit him too bad), that they could use to buy a 1st round pick. Thabo still has way too many mental lapses for my taste, but he'd complement our wing rotation perfectly and solve our problems with the lack of height there. He'd be somewhat redundant with TA, but we'd figure out what to do in the future.

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 02:48:40 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
in response to the title: Certainly not my virginity.

Re: Tyrus Thomas (merged threads)
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2008, 03:01:21 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'd trade Scals and one of Walker, Gidden or Pruitt.

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2008, 03:49:31 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
No way the Bulls would part with T Time for Scals and one of the rooks or Pruitt.  Dream on. He was basically the second pick of the draft (I know that the Bulls swapped the 2nd for the the 4th with Portland, but they would have taken T Time at 2). That was just a couple of years ago.  I know his stock has dropped, but not that much. HE is still an incredible athlete.  And would probably thrive playing with KG. We just don't have the assets to get him.

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 03:54:59 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'm not interested in him. No matter the package we make.

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 04:03:54 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
pass.
agreed with posters above that the focus should be on a vet PF/C.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 04:27:04 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I would trade Scal and one of the 3 young guys in a heartbeat for Thomas. I'm sure there would be another roster move after that. At the very least, we could move him immediately after, because he is worth much more than what we would be giving up.

Bulls would never do that. They would want to get something back for even, even if it is just a single player who could contribute.

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2008, 05:05:13 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Paxon is going to start realizing, real fast, that he can't get much for any of his players not named Deng or Rose.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2008, 05:57:55 PM »

Offline ReadyFor17

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • The shortest answer is doing the thing
Paxon is going to start realizing, real fast, that he can't get much for any of his players not named Deng or Rose.

He already blew his chance when he decided the whole roster was untouchable in a trade for any of the stars that were made available over the last couple years. Hitting the unlikely jackpot with the lottery probably saved his job, for now at least, but the ship has sailed on the value of his former chips.
"But man is not made for defeat. Man can be destroyed but not defeated."

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2008, 06:03:31 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
I'd prefer to keep Scal and a mix of the rookies/Pruitt. There's nothing I like about Ty Thomas game.