Author Topic: Watch Caron Tonight!  (Read 7864 times)

Re: Watch Caron Tonight!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 08:39:24 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
This would be trading Manny for Adam Dunn straight up, back when Manny played hard.
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 08:54:08 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Pierce should be a Celtic for life.  I definitely like Caron Butler, but Pierce is a better player right now, and you don't go around trading your franchise centerpiece.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 09:34:37 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Im a big believer in Butler, but it would be nuts to trade the Captain for Tuff Juice.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 09:40:38 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Quote from: celticmaestro
If we traded Pierce for Butler I would punch someone in the face.

you and me both.

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 09:41:26 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
I don't know the C's would get him there without upsetting people.  But his cross-over has been working pretty well.

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 10:43:51 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Its a discussion board RIGHT? I'd give PP for Butler. We've talked about trading Ray a lot, now lets talk about PP. 

Call me crazy.

You're crazy man.

Thanks. I guess its TABOO discussing PP trade.

no its not taboo, but that would be a horrid trade. caron butler is a nice piece of a good teams puzzle, but he's not a superstar, sorry to break it to you.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 10:54:11 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
I refuse to believe that the op is by a serious person and not a troll.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 11:35:29 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
OK. He didn't have one of those 35pts 8rbs 9ast game, but he quietly had 19pts. I bet the Fakers are kicking themselves, they kept "deadbeat" Odom and traded away Butler for KWAME "butter-fingers".

I guess you guys are right, PP is HOF & still in his prime somewhat! But I still believe Butler could turn a decent playoff team (Portland/Atlanta) to a championship contender.

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 11:37:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
OK. He didn't have one  8)of those 35pts 8rbs 9ast game, but he quietly had 19pts. I bet the Fakers are kicking themselves, they kept "deadbeat" Odom and traded away Butler for KWAME "butter-fingers".

I guess you guys are right, PP is HOF & still in his prime somewhat! But don't you think Butler could turn a decent playoff team (Portland/Atlanta) to a championship contender.

Butler & Odom were key parts on that Miami team that had a hell of a run in the East the year before they were sacrificial lambs for the Heat to get Shaq.  I loved that team.

Still like Pierce better. 8)
Yup

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 12:02:51 AM »

Offline Binky-King

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
All his career Caron has been compared to Pierce, even modeled his game after Paul. Why would you want Pierce-lite when you have the real thing?

Caron is my favorite Small forward outside of Paul, but Pierce is still in his prime.

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 01:59:32 PM »

Offline Shots

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
Caron Butler is one of my favourite players, but trading for Allen or Pierce for him? Noooo way.

First of all, Butler is not as young as you make him sound like. He's 28, will be 29 in march. So he's only a few years younger than Paul and Ray. So if the Celtics were going for him, it wouldn't be for the future, the post "Big Three" era. Because when they go down, so does he (more or less).

Secondly, I doubt the Wizards will trade away Butler, for the reasons you've pointed out. He's without any doubt their best player right now. Gilbert Arenas is, as someone wrote, a pest, while Jamison just isn't a threat when facing the top PFs in the league. I think the Wizards will try to deal Jamison first and then build around Arenas and Butler (or trade Arenas and rebuild)..

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 02:12:49 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I don't think the Wizards need to rebuild at all. They just need to go through this season. Get healthy, and they'll easily be back in the fight next year.

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 02:54:53 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I don't think the Wizards need to rebuild at all. They just need to go through this season. Get healthy, and they'll easily be back in the fight next year.

Agree totally, I think they need something to get over the top  though, im just not sure what...
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion