Author Topic: Crazy BOS/CHA trade idea  (Read 2356 times)

Crazy BOS/CHA trade idea
« on: November 25, 2008, 08:13:56 PM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Celtics Trade
Ray Allen

Bobcats Trade
Gerald Wallace
Emeka Okafor

This trade can't happen until December 15th

Why for the Boston Celtics?
Ray Allen is 33 years old and his window is closing. He is still a star player but he has lost a step. This would give the Celtics more depth overall and make them a younger team while still being a championship contender. Emeka Okafor would become beastly next to Kevin Garnett and turn his career around and he is only 26 years old. Crash is a talented player that can also replace Ray Allen or he could be a 6th man. It also gives the Celtics more of a future than they have now after the Big 3.

Why for the Charlotte Bobcats?
Money. Plain and simple. This would save the Bobcats a ton of money and make them a contender in the 2010 sweepstakes after Ray Allen's contract is up. Emeka Okafor is having one of his worst years as a pro after signing a gigantic contract in the offseason. Crash has been on the trading block for awhile and the Bobcats can get value for both of them. Ray Allen still got game and he can be a leader on that young team. He also has a very valuable contract and can bring championship experience that is much needed on that young inexperienced roster. Plus both players they are trading away have injury problems and are locked up for several years.

I'm not usually a fan of Ray Allen trades but I think this is a semi realistic trade scenario that would help improve both teams.

Re: Crazy BOS/CHA trade idea
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 08:27:08 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
C'mon- I spent most of last season being underwhelmed by Ray Allen. But I think he's playing better this year and doesn't seem to have lost a step to me. I wouldn't trade him now.
Right now, the chemistry of the team is so good, I wouldn't do a thing unless someone gets hurt.
BTW, is Scott Pollard's career definitely over? If his feet were okay, he could help in an emergency.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 09:09:44 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
BTW, is Scott Pollard's career definitely over? If his feet were okay, he could help in an emergency.

Yeah he could definitely get water if Perk or KG got thirsty. Also, if Donny Marshall got sick he'd be a great guy to have around for a little TV time :-D
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 09:24:22 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Charlotte wouldn't do this trade...even if it was Ray Allen of 4 years ago.