Author Topic: Chris Kaman  (Read 5957 times)

Chris Kaman
« on: November 21, 2008, 05:15:59 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Seems to be that the Clippers are loaded up with big men and rumors say that they are interested in trading Chris Kaman. If we traded Perk Big Baby and Scal and maybe some Picks we would be able to get him. I think it would be a great deal for us! What do you think?

Re: Chris Kaman
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 05:25:31 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think it makes no sense for a team (Clippers) to clear up their "big man logjam" by trading their best bigman for 3 crappy bigmen.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 05:27:08 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
I doubt they're trading Kaman anytime soon, but I'm sure they won't trade him for Perk, Big Baby, Scal and picks.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 05:34:16 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think there is a good chance they trade Kaman, but I expect it to be for a quality SG.  I wouldn't be surprised if they try to use him to get Dunleavy Jr.

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 05:38:20 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
its easier to get Camby
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 06:05:29 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Not sure why either team would want to make this deal.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 09:00:32 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Kaman would be nice but it won't happen without significant players/resources in return.  I'd say go for Camby.  He would be a great addition to the Celtics and add another defensive presence.

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 09:31:51 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'd love to get Kaman. Sadly I don't see any realistic scenario for acquiring him. Same goes for Camby. What assets could we actually package?

Salary numbers are tough to match, plus trading Perk away doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me as we want more height and depth at the five.

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 05:38:46 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Camby is clearly a better complement to Randolf - he plays defense, runs the floor, and has a nice 15 footer. He is unavailable.

They would probably swap Kaman (with Hart, Davis, Skinner and a pick) for Ray Allen and Glen Davis, but I doubt that would help us.
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 05:42:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I think it makes no sense for a team (Clippers) to clear up their "big man logjam" by trading their best bigman for 3 crappy bigmen.

These are the Clippers we're talking about however.  The senseless may just make sense.
Yup

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 06:29:54 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
how would we come up with enough money to trade for camby's 9mil contract? and they wouldn't trade for kaman.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 06:36:23 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I'm not sure I would rather have Kaman than Perk. In fact, I really don't think so. The tough angry defense that Perk brings to the floor is what anchors this defensive minded group. Perk is getting better and better on the offensive end of the floor, and Kaman is about as good as he ever will be. I think if Kaman were on this squad his numbers wouldn't be any better, and he would weaken our defense. I pass.

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 06:45:25 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I'm not sure I would rather have Kaman than Perk. In fact, I really don't think so. The tough angry defense that Perk brings to the floor is what anchors this defensive minded group. Perk is getting better and better on the offensive end of the floor, and Kaman is about as good as he ever will be. I think if Kaman were on this squad his numbers wouldn't be any better, and he would weaken our defense. I pass.

Ditto, and TP.  Perk and KG are on a string defensively, no reason to change that whatsoever.  We're on a 15 game winning streak, why should we trade away any of our key players.
Greg

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 08:26:11 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
The clips want to trade big for small.

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 09:59:48 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
1. Dunleavy loves stacked frontcourts. He's not going to trade anyone except for a very expensive price, at least until they're not completely out of the play-offs discussion.

2. We don't have the assets to trade for any of these guys unless you want to send one of the starters and they wouldn't do Perkins for Kaman (the only trade that makes some kind of sense for us).