Author Topic: NBA Lottery: Tues 8:30 PM EST on ESPN  (Read 28451 times)

Re: NBA Lottery, May 14th: On-Stage Participants
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 10:08:43 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
When they turn over the first card, Sacramento/Boston's slot, if another team's logo is shown then yes, let's hope for #2! 

That would automatically push the Memphis pick down to at least #9 which would mean it automatically conveys.  #2 and #9 are great.

But if Sacramento/Boston show up on that first card, I want to see nothing but chalk until it gets past Memphis.  I want that Memphis pick to roll over to next year (or later) as it's going to be so much better.

I know lots of folks disagree about how good/bad Memphis will be in the future, or whether a pick now vs later will benefit an Anthony Davis trade.  I get all that.  I just want the option, of retaining that pick and seeing if it could hit in the top three of a future draft.

What he said - TP

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2019, 11:12:36 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
When they turn over the first card, Sacramento/Boston's slot, if another team's logo is shown then yes, let's hope for #2! 

That would automatically push the Memphis pick down to at least #9 which would mean it automatically conveys.  #2 and #9 are great.

But if Sacramento/Boston show up on that first card, I want to see nothing but chalk until it gets past Memphis.  I want that Memphis pick to roll over to next year (or later) as it's going to be so much better.

I know lots of folks disagree about how good/bad Memphis will be in the future, or whether a pick now vs later will benefit an Anthony Davis trade.  I get all that.  I just want the option, of retaining that pick and seeing if it could hit in the top three of a future draft.

What he said - TP

I suppose I agree.  The over-anxious side of me would not be averse to Sac coming out #4 (before the commercial break preceeding the Top 3).  I'm not sure how well this old heart will take the suspense if it comes down to Philly v. Boston for #1/#2.

Imagine how consequential it will be if the Sac pick does not show up at 14. Such a dramatic impact to the future of either Philly or Boston (not to mention NYK) if the pick is top 4. 

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2019, 11:23:19 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

What he said - TP

I suppose I agree.  The over-anxious side of me would not be averse to Sac coming out #4 (before the commercial break preceeding the Top 3).  I'm not sure how well this old heart will take the suspense if it comes down to Philly v. Boston for #1/#2.

Imagine how consequential it will be if the Sac pick does not show up at 14. Such a dramatic impact to the future of either Philly or Boston (not to mention NYK) if the pick is top 4.
They're picking the top 4 so I'd assume the commercial break will be before the top 4 are shown.

Re: NBA Lottery: Tues 8:30 PM EST on ESPN
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2019, 01:40:20 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Rooting for ATL CHI or NYK to get #1

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2019, 01:48:40 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

What he said - TP

They're picking the top 4 so I'd assume the commercial break will be before the top 4 are shown.

Yeah -- you are probably right about that -- didn't think it through, assumed top 3 as in the past.  Mostly joking anyway -- I want #2.

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2019, 01:49:56 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Knicks and Lakers will get first 2 picks..bank on it
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2019, 03:44:15 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

i hope you are not bringing this up after the draft

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2019, 05:38:38 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker

Hear this every year with the Lakers since Kobe left
, and they still haven’t gotten #1 lol

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2019, 11:41:15 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 82
How interesting that there are 15 representatives in attendance for only 14 picks (Philly's President will be sitting at the kids' table on the side I guess).

And it's somewhat probable that two of those teams will walk out of there without a pick at all: Philly and Memphis. 

Has to be a weird feeling as a representative of those teams to pack your bags and travel to the event, only to come home with nothing (potentially).

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2019, 02:27:13 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
Countdown: Tomorrow!

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2019, 10:41:14 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I want the Memphis pick to convey-we could use the draft pick to select a guard/big, and there are no guarantees that Memphis would give us a great pick when the pick finally becomes unprotected.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2019, 10:35:59 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If Cavs win the lotto again, I will puke

I dont want Knicks to win either

Maybe a team like Hornets will catch a break

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2019, 10:45:40 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I want the Memphis pick to convey-we could use the draft pick to select a guard/big, and there are no guarantees that Memphis would give us a great pick when the pick finally becomes unprotected.
I thought about this too

I dont mind it conveying as well

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2019, 10:50:40 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Just watch the Lakers magically jump to 1 tonight to give them the ammo to trade for Davis.

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2019, 10:51:43 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Rooting for ATL CHI or NYK to get #1

I hope Atlanta gets it. Trae and Zion would be an insane duo. Add in Collins. It'd be an instant League Pass favorite.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman