Author Topic: Rumor: Pacers interested in Hayward  (Read 24433 times)

Re: Rumor: Pacers interested in Hayward
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2020, 10:05:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
When does he have to exercise his option?

TBD.  The league and NBAPA need to work out modifications to the CBA for next year.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2020, 11:12:19 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Boston: Rudy Gobert
Indiana: Gordon Hayward
Utah: Myles Turner, Daniel Theis, Boston’s 2020 picks #14, 26, 30

Indiana gets the player they have been rumored to want. It also opens up the Center position for Sabonis to take over full time.

Does Utah have any concerns of Gobert walking? How is the relationship with Gobert and Mitchell. Turner is signed for the next 3 years at a manageable $18M per, and is still only 24 years old.

Boston gets a legitimate big man that they desperately need. Surrendering the first round picks helps prevent the additional payroll burden and roster spots. In addition, this team has enough young players, and needs to add veterans instead.

PG: Kemba
SG: Smart
SF: Brown
PF: Tatum
C: Gobert
I'd modify that trade a bit more like this

Boston - Gobert, Oladipo
Indiana - Hayward, Langford, future BOS 1st
Utah - Turner, Theis, 14, 26, 30

I think that trade makes more sense for all 3 teams.

Starters - Walker, Oladipo, Brown, Tatum, Gobert
Rotation - Smart, Wanamaker, Ojeleye, Williams, Williams, Kanter
Deep Bench - Edwards, Green, Fall, Waters/Poirier

If Oladipo is healthy and returns mostly to form, I think that is a team that can actually compete with the real contenders next year. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2020, 11:17:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck

It makes no sense to give up Langford and four firsts to win now if we’re not going to improve our bench.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2020, 11:42:43 PM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
We will not win a title with Kemba Walker or any PG that makes more than 10 million a year not named Steph Curry as our starter.

« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2020, 03:20:11 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

It makes no sense to give up Langford and four firsts to win now if we’re not going to improve our bench.
To be fair that starting 5 looks incredible, surely we can nab some ring-chasing veterans to shore up our bench?
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2020, 08:08:21 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

To be fair that starting 5 looks incredible, surely we can nab some ring-chasing veterans to shore up our bench?

I would suspect so.  But as listed, it’s the same bench minus Langford, which is to say it’s a putrid bench.

« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2020, 09:04:16 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I think Gordon would prefer to return to Indianapolis..plus did he just buy a house there???
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2020, 09:23:47 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I would suspect so.  But as listed, it’s the same bench minus Langford, which is to say it’s a putrid bench.
Sure, but that isn't going to be fixed if you upgrade the starting lineup.  And it is the same bench that this board thought was good enough this year with a lesser starting lineup than the one that we end up with in that trade.  If the Williams continue to improve (and there is no reason to think they won't) then that is 4 or 5 decent bench players (Smart, Kanter, and then whatever you think of Wanamaker).  I mean is that bench really any worse than Herro, Nunn, Olynyk, and Iguodala or Rondo, Caruso, Morris, and Kuzma.  Even the Nuggets who were pretty deep only really played Porter, Morris, Plumlee, and Craig in the WCF.  The Clippers have 2 great players on their bench, but they also started Beverley and Zubac who aren't exactly good (I'd take Smart and Kanter over those two any day of the week) with JaMychal Green and Landry Shamet rounding out the rotation. 

That bench is absolutely good enough if the starting lineup is good enough, and I do think that starting lineup is good enough if Oladipo is healthy and even 85-90% of what he was.  Tatum wouldn't even need to jump up into the MVP discussion under that scenario as Boston's top 5 would compare favorably to just about ever team in the league given the overall depth and quality that Walker, Oladipo, Brown, Tatum, and Gobert would provide.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2020, 11:21:27 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

Sure, but that isn't going to be fixed if you upgrade the starting lineup.  And it is the same bench that this board thought was good enough this year with a lesser starting lineup than the one that we end up with in that trade.  If the Williams continue to improve (and there is no reason to think they won't) then that is 4 or 5 decent bench players (Smart, Kanter, and then whatever you think of Wanamaker).  I mean is that bench really any worse than Herro, Nunn, Olynyk, and Iguodala or Rondo, Caruso, Morris, and Kuzma.  Even the Nuggets who were pretty deep only really played Porter, Morris, Plumlee, and Craig in the WCF.  The Clippers have 2 great players on their bench, but they also started Beverley and Zubac who aren't exactly good (I'd take Smart and Kanter over those two any day of the week) with JaMychal Green and Landry Shamet rounding out the rotation. 

That bench is absolutely good enough if the starting lineup is good enough, and I do think that starting lineup is good enough if Oladipo is healthy and even 85-90% of what he was.  Tatum wouldn't even need to jump up into the MVP discussion under that scenario as Boston's top 5 would compare favorably to just about ever team in the league given the overall depth and quality that Walker, Oladipo, Brown, Tatum, and Gobert would provide.

I was initially thinking of the trade you proposed, but decided against it in my posted trade. My reasoning was holding onto Langford to help lower payroll, and I see him taking over the starting SG spot with Brown moving to SF by '21-'22. However, I understand going all in and trading for Oladipo.

As far as the bench is concerned in this scenario, I'm OK with it. I'm also assuming a veteran ring chaser will sign, based on that starting lineup. Speaking of which, with 5 starters that can each score, Brad Stevens could stagger the rotations where there are always two starters on the floor to help maintain scoring. I doubt we will see the starters come off the floor, and 5 bench players replace them, unless its garbage time.

« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2020, 11:29:03 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
If the Celtics were to trade with the Pacers I would think that the only reasonable package coming back would include Dipo and Turner.
And if that were to happen I would assume the team would want to shop Kemba to make Dipo the starting PG?

Kemba to NYK
#8, #26, Hayward and Romeo to Indiana
Dipo, Turner,, Ellington a TPE worth 20 million to Boston

I am far from sold on Turner as a player, and not huge on Dipo, but if everyone played to potential team would be pretty lethal defensively.

Dipo
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Turner

*shrug*

Maybe Brogdon instead of Dipo?

edit: do you need to to the spam check questions every time you post on this site?

'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #145 on: October 28, 2020, 02:03:53 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Boston: Rudy Gobert
Indiana: Gordon Hayward
Utah: Myles Turner, Daniel Theis, Boston’s 2020 picks #14, 26, 30

Indiana gets the player they have been rumored to want. It also opens up the Center position for Sabonis to take over full time.

Does Utah have any concerns of Gobert walking? How is the relationship with Gobert and Mitchell. Turner is signed for the next 3 years at a manageable $18M per, and is still only 24 years old.

Boston gets a legitimate big man that they desperately need. Surrendering the first round picks helps prevent the additional payroll burden and roster spots. In addition, this team has enough young players, and needs to add veterans instead.

PG: Kemba
SG: Smart
SF: Brown
PF: Tatum
C: Gobert

I love this. I’d even throw in another first rounder. Would like to somehow keep Theis, though.

« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2020, 04:18:32 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Well, this has taken traction real fast.  Reports all over Twitter about active discussions involving Hayward/Turner:

https://985thesportshub.com/2020/11/12/celtics-have-discussed-framework-of-gordon-hayward-trade/

Another from Adam Kaufman says:  "It's possible the #Celtics flip picks and Kemba Walker to the #Pelicans for Jrue Holiday, and send Gordon Hayward to the #Pacers for a deal involving Myles Turner."

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2020, 04:41:01 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Well, this has taken traction real fast.  Reports all over Twitter about active discussions involving Hayward/Turner:

https://985thesportshub.com/2020/11/12/celtics-have-discussed-framework-of-gordon-hayward-trade/

Another from Adam Kaufman says:  "It's possible the #Celtics flip picks and Kemba Walker to the #Pelicans for Jrue Holiday, and send Gordon Hayward to the #Pacers for a deal involving Myles Turner."

Flipping Kemba and all our first round picks would be a huge overpay. Kemba + a 1st for Jrue and Miller is fair
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2020, 04:55:31 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I can't imagine we'd want anyone from the Pacers, they're all bad fits vs any team that would matter in the playoffs except maybe Olidipo who you can't trust

« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2020, 04:58:37 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Just watch some more Turner highlights trying to get a different opinion.... I just can’t, he’s really bad and his IQ just isn’t a good fit for what the Celtics are trying to accomplish. I’d rather Turner go to a 3rd team and run with Theis if I had to choose from the 2.

Ultimately I’d rather ZUBAC! Find a way to steal Zubac from the clippers and I’m DOWN!

Holiday
Smart
Brown
Tatum
Zubac