Author Topic: Minnesota has 9 healthy players and is 5-2  (Read 6214 times)

Re: Minnesota has 9 healthy players and is 5-2
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 09:57:44 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I thought this team was for sure a 50 win team before the season started. If they can stay just above 500 until the reinforcements come, they can still get there.

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 10:06:12 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Easier to coach with short rotations?  :P
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 08:22:09 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Sure, but you shouldn't be winning without your best players in that short rotation.  The fact that they are seems to indicate they are a real threat to the big dogs out west.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 08:31:07 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Sure, but you shouldn't be winning without your best players in that short rotation.  The fact that they are seems to indicate they are a real threat to the big dogs out west.
Honestly, with the way that AK47 is playing he may be their best player
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 08:35:01 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
And Pekovic and Williams are potential young studs.

Williams has done nothing much to indicate that he will be anything near a stud unfortunately.

Encouraging at draft time...not so much now.

Possible future trade bait for a stupid team who gets excited about high draft positions.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 09:27:09 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Honestly, with the way that AK47 is playing he may be their best player
He's always been severely underrated.  I wouldn't say those 40 or so games from Rubio puts him ahead of Kirilenko.  He's putting up his classic numbers 12 points, 4 assists, 8 boards, 2 blocks, 2 steals on 57% shooting.

I gotta say I love the way that roster is put together.  They've got a top 5 passer in Rubio so what do they do?  Surround him with 4 combo guards that excel at moving the ball and running the offense:  Roy, Shved, Ridnour, and Barea, plus an unbelievable passer from the wing/PF in AK47 and of course another very strong one in Love.

That's gonna take a ton of pressure off Rubio.  Guys that can not only make the right pass and run the pick and roll, but can also create their own shots if the play breaks down.  Gives them great versatility and unpredictability in their sets.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 02:14:19 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Make that 5-3, 'cause they lost... to the Bobcats.

Not quite time to load the rafters with Finals confetti yet.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 12:34:59 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Make that 5-3, 'cause they lost... to the Bobcats.

Not quite time to load the rafters with Finals confetti yet.
They dressed 9 players, which does not include 6 of their 7/8 best players.

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2012, 02:27:04 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
And the Warriors.  ::)

I know there's a big Kevin Love contingent on this board, and I've always liked watching Brandon Roy, but this team is, at best, a sixth seed and a first round exit--and that's with all their players healthy.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2012, 08:35:40 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
And the Warriors.  ::)

I know there's a big Kevin Love contingent on this board, and I've always liked watching Brandon Roy, but this team is, at best, a sixth seed and a first round exit--and that's with all their players healthy.
Just out of curiousity how good would boston be if Rondo, Garnett, Pierce, Terry, Lee, Bradley, and Sullinger weren't healthy.  That is Minnesota right now.

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2012, 08:40:41 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
Except that our best players are better than their best players. ;)

Losing Love and Rubio definitely hurts. Roy could hurt, if he had shown any flashes of his pre-retirement form (and he hasn't). That was a ballsy signing that seems to have panned out poorly--again, I'm a fan of B-Roy's game, but he's definitely not the same player he was even two years ago.

When you've got your hands clenched for the return of JJ Barea and Chase Budinger... I'm sorry, that doesn't make me think your team is very good.

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2012, 09:06:37 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Just out of curiousity, how is that start anything remotely outstanding?
They are pretty much shorthanded, I know, but let's face the truth, their best win was against the Nets, who blew up a 20-plus-point lead in the final quarter.
The other wins are against Kings, a team in a mess, Magic, one of the worst NBA teams at the moment I believe, Pacers, a pretty mediocre team without Granger in the lineup, and Mavs, a team that is definitely lottery-caliber with Dirk out.
And dropping games to Raptors, Bobcats and Warriors doesn't really make it more sensible.

In my opinion, they can contend for spot 7 or 8 at best in full health. There is no way they are catching up with Grizzlies and Clippers, if you ask me.
Then again, it's just my personal opinion.

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2012, 04:05:49 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
They are pretty much shorthanded, I know, but let's face the truth, their best win was against the Nets, who blew up a 20-plus-point lead in the final quarter.
The other wins are against Kings, a team in a mess, Magic, one of the worst NBA teams at the moment I believe, Pacers, a pretty mediocre team without Granger in the lineup, and Mavs, a team that is definitely lottery-caliber with Dirk out.
And dropping games to Raptors, Bobcats and Warriors doesn't really make it more sensible.

with this (remaining) roster should be a lock for the worst record but still manage to be over 50%. of course they can`t keep it up but still wans`t expected....

you consider the grangerless pacers mediocre but you don`t give credit to the kings without rubio,love,buddinger,pekovic (i won`t mention roy)
i think you are a bit unfair

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2012, 07:08:41 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

with this (remaining) roster should be a lock for the worst record but still manage to be over 50%. of course they can`t keep it up but still wans`t expected....

you consider the grangerless pacers mediocre but you don`t give credit to the kings without rubio,love,buddinger,pekovic (i won`t mention roy)
i think you are a bit unfair

As I said, I think they have a shot at making the play-offs. I just suppose they don't stand a chance to be in the upper echelon.
You are right. It was a bit unfair of me there to overlook the fact that shorthanded teams often end up losing the games they are supposed to win.

As for the Pacers thing, well, Minnesota has better potential in full health even if the Pacers had Granger back in uniform. Had Pacers been in Western conference, I'd be surprised if they did make it to the playoffs.

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2012, 10:06:30 AM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
You people DO realize that the Clippers also lost to the Warriors?

I hate when people point to one game upsets by Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ty teams as if that is somehow evidence of a team not being a "true contender." Guess what? The Wizards beat OKC last year! The Denver Nuggets blew the Heat out in one game (28 points IIRC).

It's only when there is a consistent trend of losing that you can really make that claim. But saying "MINNESOTA REALLY SUCKS BECAUSE THEY LOST TO THE WARRIORS" is stupid.