Author Topic: Stay the course or trust the process!  (Read 489 times)

Stay the course or trust the process!
« on: July 01, 2017, 09:37:27 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
I just want to write something about some of the reactions I have seen here and sum up my experiences on this forum since we won the lottery/end of NBA finals.

When we got the first overall pick, I would say the majority of the members here wanted to see the offseason shape out as follows: Draft Fultz at one and sign Hayward in FA. That was it, and I think it was a big majority... Butler was not going to get us over the hump, George neither and no chance Griffin could stay healthy. Let's keep our assets, wait until lebron declines and then empty the chest to get the last star needed. Unless somehow Anthony Davis was going to be available people wanted it to be like this.

So we traded that first pick for #3 and a good extra assets, which made people believe Ainge was up to something as he wanted to split the #1 into 2 good draft picks. Then Phil Jackson just wanted to get his ass fired and made Porzingis available while he really wasn't.
We ended up with Jayson Tatum which is the player who fits best to our current team and Boston wanted anyways with the first pick and we kept the other LAK/SAC pick. Oh and do not sleep on Semij Ojeleye, he could be in the rotation next year.

Then George told Indiana that he was going to leave and wanted to join the Lakers, and all of a sudden everybody jumped on on the PG13 train because he was available for pennies on the dollar. The combination of PG and Hayward would make us the next superteam, well oke I admit, I was excited about that however I'm not sure how close/realistic it was at the end of the day.

After all Indiana did not want to deal with Ainge, or Ainge did not want to part with any assets knowing PG was going to walk next year. Which is completely logical in my opinion. Giving up one of our top picks without commitment was something nobody wanted here. So why 2 solid players and 3 future 1st did not get it done is weird for me but it looks like again, Indy wanted George away from Danny Ainge and out of the conference. I mean Indy could have let PG talk to Boston to see if an extension was one of the possibilities to George, I think PG just didn't want it because if an extension was there Indy sure should have let him talk to Boston because I believe Boston would have given up at least the LAK/SAC pick.

So where we stand now, a lot of people are complaining we did not get a star as other teams got them on the cheap. Well DA can't help it that other teams are just stupid to trade them for so less to other teams. Caring about them own team should be first priority instead of not wanting to trade with a certain opponent... We can't help that.
So now everybody is messed and angry because FA is ruined on the 1st of July already and we need to have a plan C and Olynyk coming back this and that...

While at the end of the day, George, Butler, Griffin are off the board who were not the pieces who were wanted in the first place anyways!
So IF we get Hayward and sign him, this would be an amazing offseason, just like last year for our beloved Boston Celtics. Let's keep getting stronger, develop our young guns and let Lebron James and eventually the GSW decline over the next 2 years. And just wait until the next superstar comes available which could well be Anthony Davis when the Pelicans find themself in #12 at the all star break in a loaded Western Conference and start thinking about wanting to go somewhere else...

The only thing I am concerned about one bit is our logjam at SF. If everything goes right we would have Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum and Jae Crowder who I believe right now fit the best at the 3. So I would hope Jaylen Brown can start playing the SG position and maybe a little trade involving Crowder gives us some more depth at 4/5.

All with all I believe we should be excited were we at, what Danny Ainge has brought us, how awesome of a group of guys are playing in green and how bright the future is (both short and longterm).

Happy free agency and let's hope we are all smiling when Hayward and his pretty wife come in!