Author Topic: The Celtic-Clipper trade talk (merged) - Clippers back out.  (Read 99609 times)

Re: The Celtic-Clipper trade talk (merged) - Clippers back out.
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2013, 12:36:04 PM »

Offline fantankerous

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
If no Bledsoe, then the additional assets must be either another draft pick or cap relief. 

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2013, 12:36:22 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
The problem is KG's no trade clause. He'll only go where Doc is and the only place he wants to be is the Clippers. Danny Ainge's hands are tied on this one.

I'll be okay if Ainge can pull off another trade to put someone next to Jordan who isnt as limited offensively.

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2013, 12:36:38 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2407
Good. I hope this goes through.

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2013, 12:37:07 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--celtics--clippers-resume-push-to-get-kevin-garnett-doc-rivers-deal-done-160920220.html

The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers are discussing possible compromises to including guard Eric Bledsoe into the Kevin Garnett-Doc Rivers deal with hopes of completing an agreement on Monday, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Doc Rivers and Kevin Garnett could soon be headed to Los Angeles. (Getty Images)Discussions over a blockbuster deal reached an impasse on Saturday when Boston general manager Danny Ainge held firm that Bledsoe had to be a part of package that included DeAndre Jordan and a first-round pick, but sources say that Boston has shown a willingness to find another asset to supplant Bledsoe and complete the complicated deal, sources said.

What other "asset" do the Clippers have, though? None that I can see. Butler is still decent but is 33, so I wouldn't be inclined to call him an asset.
my guess it will be salary relief i.e. Bass, Lee, or Terry is included in the trade with Butler coming back.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2013, 12:37:17 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
it is going to be Jordan and the clippers pick this year and next in the first round...which both will be low and have no impact on rebuilding

just hire del negro and really ramrod the fans danny

Welcome to a decade of irrelevancy.

Horrible, horrible trade.
Because Garntett's trade value should be enough to bring in a decade of relevance? Nah.

Because retirements are far better than a collection of the Clippers' flotsam in a decidedly Pitino-esque trade.

Pretty clear if this happens that Grousbeck has slammed the checkbook shut and is willing to go back to 2007.

Sad, sad commentary.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 12:37:43 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
i dont see how any of this is a positive for boston. the pieces they get will be marginal players...and the picks will be meaningless

my guess it the clippers shed enough cap space to pick up pierce when he is bought out next week.

Next year is going to be brutal to watch. other than rondo, just a bad basketball team

But it's what the masses want. They hated the last few years because they couldn't watch a young athletic squad. I'd be mad about it as well but what can you do. I was a celtics fan when they were good bad or plain indifferent. Ill be one with Jordan as our center. Ainge has something else up his sleeve most likely with Smith.

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 12:38:00 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
it is going to be Jordan and the clippers pick this year and next in the first round...which both will be low and have no impact on rebuilding

Or.. Pierce, KG, Rivers all leave within a year and we begin a full-blown rebuild?

Such a unidirectional mindset. Perhaps look at the complete picture before posting senselessly?

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 12:38:29 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Please get Bledsoe.  Please...

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 12:39:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Because Garntett's trade value should be enough to bring in a decade of relevance? Nah.

Because retirements are far better than a collection of the Clippers' flotsam in a decidedly Pitino-esque trade.
Retirement gives you cap room for one high priced player. Not to mention that said player has to be on the market. As a matter of fact, retirement is the more surefire way to a decade of irrelevance while waiting for prince charming to drop in your lap.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 12:39:12 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
If we could unload Terry + either Lee/Bass contract and get Butler's expiring back... I'd take it. It has to include 2 firsts though. And those two picks have to be 2014 and 2016 with little protection. Getting a pick in this draft is pointless.

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 12:39:19 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Did Deandre Jordan really shoot 38% for FT last year? That takes horrible to a whole other level.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3442/deandre-jordan

No Bledsoe, no deal.

The only thing I can think of is that we are heading for the ultimate tank job if we do this deal.

Who can shoot Free Throws for us at the end of the game next year besides Jeff Green?

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 12:40:01 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

Or.. Pierce, KG, Rivers all leave within a year and we begin a full-blown rebuild?

Such a unidirectional mindset. Perhaps look at the complete picture before posting senselessly?

Perhaps consider the whole of the state of the Celtics franchise before posting senselessly.

This is a terrible, terrible move that yields less value than awaiting the retirements of Garnett and Pierce.

Perhaps our beloved owner and the wonderboy GM should have tried chatting up the Spurs to figure out how you rebuild on the fly, before they ran an EF5 operation on this franchise.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 12:41:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Did Deandre Jordan really shoot 38% for FT last year? That takes horrible to a whole other level.
What do you mean "last year"? He has shot below .400 for FTs in 3 of his 5 years in the league, and his career average is .425.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 12:41:21 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3442/deandre-jordan

No Bledsoe, no deal.

The only thing I can think of is that we are heading for the ultimate tank job if we do this deal.

Who can shoot Free Throws for us at the end of the game next year besides Jeff Green?

Sully!

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2013, 12:41:21 PM »

Online j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3061
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Good. I hope this goes through.
What do you think the parameters of this new agreement are? I know DJ gets a bunch of flack but I want to see him and Rondo together though just him is not enough
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk