Author Topic: Rondo the all-star  (Read 9351 times)

Re: Rondo the all-star
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2010, 10:48:01 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
I think he's playing at a much higher level than Davis and Harris this year.  It's not that close, either.

I definitely agree.

Harris, yes.  With Davis, if you think Rondo has been playing much better, I don't think you've been paying all that much attention to the left coast.  Davis is having an excellent year on both ends for the Clippers; he's scoring more points, and only slightly fewer assists per minute than Rondo.  Rondo is arguably better, but it's not hands down.

Davis is shooting 40% from the field, whereas Rondo is shooting 53%. Davis averages about 2.5 more points a game than Rondo (is that supposed to be a BD selling point?), but BD also takes 4 more shots per game.

DA would laugh The Clippers GM off the phone if he called about some trade between Davis and Rondo.

Throw in Billups, Nash, and Kidd as well.  For varying degrees.  To me it's Deron Williams and then Rondo.  That's if you take the whole game into consideration.  If you are stuck on 15 ft jumpers maybe we should look to bring a SG to replace him..
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2010, 11:18:04 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
I'm excited to watch Rondo play in the all-star game alongside a bunch of scorers.   I also agree that he's playing better than Baron Davis, but Baron is having a good year.

Most people here aren't giving Kidd enough credit.  It's been said that Rondo has taken over Kidd's spot (as Kidd has declined) as one of the best rebounding PG.  However, look at the stats below (nearly same amt of games):

Rondo:  34 O-reb, 93 D-reb
Kidd:  16 O-reb, 170 D-reb

Kidd, at the PG position on a team that rebounds well, is averaging nearly 5 defensive rebounds per game.  That has to be higher than 3/4 of our team.  Anyway, I don't put Rondo ahead of Kidd at this point, but going forward I'm ecstatic we have Rondo.

Gerald Wallace definitely deserves to make the all-star team as well.  He's putting up incredible numbers and playing very hard.

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2010, 12:15:58 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'm excited to watch Rondo play in the all-star game alongside a bunch of scorers.   I also agree that he's playing better than Baron Davis, but Baron is having a good year.

Most people here aren't giving Kidd enough credit.  It's been said that Rondo has taken over Kidd's spot (as Kidd has declined) as one of the best rebounding PG.  However, look at the stats below (nearly same amt of games):

Rondo:  34 O-reb, 93 D-reb
Kidd:  16 O-reb, 170 D-reb

Kidd, at the PG position on a team that rebounds well, is averaging nearly 5 defensive rebounds per game.  That has to be higher than 3/4 of our team.  Anyway, I don't put Rondo ahead of Kidd at this point, but going forward I'm ecstatic we have Rondo.

Gerald Wallace definitely deserves to make the all-star team as well.  He's putting up incredible numbers and playing very hard.
You don't want to compare raw rebounding totals because pace will distort that.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tiny.cgi?id=Z1SxB

Kidd is having a better rebounding year than Rondo but its a little closer than raw totals would suggest. Kidd is a monster on the defensive glass for a PG.

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2010, 03:36:17 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
But what really stood out is the term "difference maker".  I'm shocked that someone considers Kidd and Billups greater difference makers at this point than Rondo.
I'll just say I'd be comfortable with putting the ball in Kidd/Billups' hands, and saying "win the game for me". I wouldn't be comfortable doing that with Rondo, despite the fact he's developed into a fine player. Make of that what you will.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2010, 03:37:55 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
But what really stood out is the term "difference maker".  I'm shocked that someone considers Kidd and Billups greater difference makers at this point than Rondo.
I'll just say I'd be comfortable with putting the ball in Kidd/Billups' hands, and saying "win the game for me". I wouldn't be comfortable doing that with Rondo, despite the fact he's developed into a fine player. Make of that what you will.

by the end of the game and talking about ho have it first 10 of 24 seconds I rather watch Rondo handling the ball and not PP nor Ray running ISOS thats all that I can say. After that let anyone open shoot
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2010, 03:41:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

by the end of the game and talking about ho have it first 10 of 24 seconds I rather watch Rondo handling the ball and not PP nor Ray running ISOS thats all that I can say. After that let anyone open shoot
And when the only one open is Rondo at the three point line, what do we do? Fold?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2010, 03:54:44 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

And when the only one open is Rondo at the three point line, what do we do? Fold?
ask for a Time Out

Nice to be back!

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2010, 03:57:30 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
even if

Nice to be back!

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2010, 03:58:54 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

ask for a Time Out
Good luck with that strategy.

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2010, 04:21:18 PM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
How many times has that happened this year 5 possessions maybe?

Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2010, 04:41:26 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Have him drive in and take a shot?