Poll

You alone decide: should Ime go?

Yes….right now!
21 (21%)
Maybe, but not right now.
33 (33%)
No, not even close to enough time to evaluate him.
38 (38%)
No way, love the guy.
8 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: February 23, 2022, 05:45:52 PM

Author Topic: Ime has got to go!  (Read 83551 times)

Re: Ime has got to go!
« Reply #690 on: June 14, 2022, 05:25:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Ime on the verge of being fired after an ignominious end to the year. Surely there must be a sacrificial head to roll for this fiasco?

So he took a young team that was playing selfish for a year and a half, mid season turn around and gets to the finals, and with some miracle the team gets back to what they were a couple months ago with a hurt starting center and PG, and a bench that is mediocre  could still win, should get fired in his first year????

Sure...Or get the team a true Pg, maybe move Brown for a guy who can create for them selves or others and doesn't dribble off their butt every 5 minutes, back up center and a couple 3 and D guys off the bench.

Also Horford spot will need to be thought of either this summer or next.

This team is still a  bridge team if people want to accept it or not. This team was built in cleaning DA's mess and to see how the Jays work together and who works with them and to set a new culture. To have the turn around with a ragtag team is pretty amazing, now lets see when they can put pieces that work better in a extra summer.

You also have a great run, took on the heavy hitters,  guys who are willing to take a discount to win a ring will be looking at Boston now.

Yeah Ime has room to grow, but you don't take this team turn it around and get to the finals if your a hack.
Oz was being sarcastic.

Unlike you that somehow wants to do a mini blowup if this series is lost, rather than just adding a quality bench guy and letting the team grow organically for more years.

« Reply #691 on: June 14, 2022, 05:46:06 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Ime has done a great job..he took the Celtics to the Finals..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #692 on: June 14, 2022, 06:53:42 PM »

Online Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Ime on the verge of being fired after an ignominious end to the year. Surely there must be a sacrificial head to roll for this fiasco?

So he took a young team that was playing selfish for a year and a half, mid season turn around and gets to the finals, and with some miracle the team gets back to what they were a couple months ago with a hurt starting center and PG, and a bench that is mediocre  could still win, should get fired in his first year????

Sure...Or get the team a true Pg, maybe move Brown for a guy who can create for them selves or others and doesn't dribble off their butt every 5 minutes, back up center and a couple 3 and D guys off the bench.

This team is still a  bridge team if people want to accept it or not. This team was built in cleaning DA's mess and to see how the Jays work together and who works with them and to set a new culture. To have the turn around with a ragtag team is pretty amazing, now lets see when they can put pieces that work better in a extra summer.

You also have a great run, took on the heavy hitters,  guys who are willing to take a discount to win a ring will be looking at Boston now.

Yeah Ime has room to grow, but you don't take this team turn it around and get to the finals if your a hack.
Oz was being sarcastic.

Unlike you that somehow wants to do a mini blowup if this series is lost, rather than just adding a quality bench guy and letting the team grow organically for more years.

I said MAYBE move Brown, his turn overs have been bad, and not just in this series, lose handles, driving into 3 players, head down and he doesn't know where he is until he's in the air and too late bad. I love Brown, I wanted him drafted, but he doesn't make it easier for Tatum, can't create for others, barley himself some times.

Teams don't have to respect Smarts,Horford or TL's shooting and you can see how clogged the lanes are which adds to the turnovers.  Horford may get you something, but not till the deadline cause of his expiring, Smart will get you a little, but Brown will get you the best return. You need to add an other Shooter/creator in the starting line up, that helps keep Rob on the floor with the lack of shooting. Get a better replacement for Smart or Horford, Brown works, if not he may have to go, but only for the right player, not the best, but the right player.

I never said I wanted them to trade Brown, but that they might have too so the team becomes more balanced.

« Reply #693 on: June 16, 2022, 11:31:20 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1436
I think Udoka was out coached every series after the Nets. The Celtics were the more talented team in each matchup until the Finals. Ime is a good defensive coach but poor offensively. He needs to be much better next year on that end of the court. Steve Kerr should be the Finals MVP, Imo. He made adjustments after the first few games and put his team in a position to win. Udoka never made adjustments, just had the same plan every game. He was either unable or unwilling to change the strategy and it cost them.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 11:44:41 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #694 on: June 16, 2022, 11:42:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
I think Udoka was out coached every series after the Nets. The Celtics were the more talented team in each matchup until Finals. Ime is a good defensive coach but poor offensively. He needs to be much better next year on that end of the court. Steve Kerr should be the Finals MVP, Imo. He made adjustments after the first few games and put his team in a position to win. Udoka never made adjustments, just had the same plan every game. He was either unable or unwilling to change the strategy and it cost them.

Ime never adjusted....  :(

« Reply #695 on: June 16, 2022, 11:56:28 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
I think Udoka was out coached every series after the Nets. The Celtics were the more talented team in each matchup until Finals. Ime is a good defensive coach but poor offensively. He needs to be much better next year on that end of the court. Steve Kerr should be the Finals MVP, Imo. He made adjustments after the first few games and put his team in a position to win. Udoka never made adjustments, just had the same plan every game. He was either unable or unwilling to change the strategy and it cost them.

For most of this series, it didn’t even seem like the Celtics were running an offense. It looked like pickup ball. If Udoka can’t make adjustments on both ends of the court, it doesn’t matter who the Celtics add to the team in the off-season. The result will still be the same. 
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #696 on: June 17, 2022, 12:19:07 AM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1558

For most of this series, it didn’t even seem like the Celtics were running an offense. It looked like pickup ball. If Udoka can’t make adjustments on both ends of the court, it doesn’t matter who the Celtics add to the team in the off-season. The result will still be the same.

i see same issues with imme as brad, stop letting players get away with doing their thing

demand they post up or sit the bench. play a system. you resort to hero iso ball and no moveent take  seat or be replaced. we need guys who can listen to a coach. we have issues between the ears for 6 years,  age is an excuse. these guys have tons of playoff expericne.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #697 on: June 17, 2022, 12:20:45 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Oz was being sarcastic.

I guess the axe is about to fall on poor Ime... Off with his head?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #698 on: June 17, 2022, 12:38:43 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

i see same issues with imme as brad, stop letting players get away with doing their thing

demand they post up or sit the bench. play a system. you resort to hero iso ball and no moveent take  seat or be replaced. we need guys who can listen to a coach. we have issues between the ears for 6 years,  age is an excuse. these guys have tons of playoff expericne.

The players do respect Ime, though. Which was not the case with Brad. The issue is that Udoka doesn’t know how to coach offense very well. He should have brought D’Antoni with him when he left Brooklyn. We would have had a defensive and an offensive coordinator.

« Reply #699 on: June 17, 2022, 12:53:53 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Here’s the deal: We win it all with Ime next year or the year after, or Stevens pulls a Pat Riley and returns to HC as HC/GM in 2024 or 2025, after moving any players who do not respect his standing as one of the finest X’s and O’s minds in the history of the game. Frankly, coaching is the least of our worries. We try again next year, and then we need to worry about JB jumping ship potentially. That’s the biggest threat to our future contention is betting on JB and losing him for nothing. I’m quite certain Tatum as supermax/highest paid player in the NBA on his next contract is not going anywhere.

« Reply #700 on: June 17, 2022, 06:19:09 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I would love some really good offensive minded assistant coaches, as I assume one of our guys will be nabbed. Charles Lee is still someone I really like, but I doubt he leaves Budenholzer unless it's a HC gig.

Darko Rajakovic is another, as is Sarunas Jasikevicius (I doubt he comes over for an assistant gig). D'Antoni would make sense.

Regardless, I just want somebody who can reform our offence to better utilise our two pillars.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #701 on: June 17, 2022, 06:41:53 PM »

Offline Dchuck

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 72
I think Udoka was out coached every series after the Nets. The Celtics were the more talented team in each matchup until the Finals. Ime is a good defensive coach but poor offensively. He needs to be much better next year on that end of the court. Steve Kerr should be the Finals MVP, Imo. He made adjustments after the first few games and put his team in a position to win. Udoka never made adjustments, just had the same plan every game. He was either unable or unwilling to change the strategy and it cost them.

Agreed. 

If he was unable, that means he was offensively incompetent.

If he was unwilling, that means he was undeservedly arrogant.

The third option might be, he tried to make adjustments but they didn't listen. 

Whatever the answer is, it's not comforting but it also needs to change.

« Reply #702 on: June 17, 2022, 09:02:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Was Ime excellent? No. But I am not sure what coaching strategy causes the players to suddenly not turn the ball over or miss wide open threes or miss free throws or miss bunny layups in the paint or miss defensive assignments or causes the bench to not show up. That's on the players

And let's not forget they were playing against a dynasty team with the best shooter ever that played outstanding defense.

Ime wasn"t great, but this series was lost because Tatum was much worse than regular Tatum and the only consistent player on the floor that you could rely on to put up numbers was Brown. The last 3 games the team only had like 2-3 players play well each game and that just wasn't enough. Everyone needed to step up and they didn't as a whole.

« Reply #703 on: March 05, 2023, 11:43:49 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Guess we should start a new thread for Joe. This one only had 47 pages.  :laugh: