Author Topic: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions  (Read 452321 times)

Re: Open Thread on Rules/Restrictions
« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2007, 01:46:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'm constantly in an argument in offtopic about one thing or another, but I think I keep it relatively separate between what I post and what needs modding. If someone feels like I or any other mod are abusing their power, PM them. We're all very reasnable and there is a set of checks and balances (other mods, admins and BOB) to make sure that everything gets throughly reviewed.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #241 on: September 05, 2007, 02:04:41 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Roy, just for future reference what are those subjects not to be discussed. I saw abortion was another that wasn't allowed. I happen to enjoy some of the political debate during these *YAWN* offseason months. What other topics should I not explore?

Those are the two biggies, other than things that are already specifically set forth in the site rules (conspiracy towards damage, illegal activity, discussions of a sexual and/or lewd nature, etc.)  There may be additional topics that I'm blanking on right now, but those are the biggest.  Everything else is pretty much treated on a case-by-case basis.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #242 on: September 05, 2007, 02:59:57 PM »

Offline Marco Vincent

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 19
Just wondering if anyone would give me an answer to my question earlier.  Whoever locked the thread didn't leav initials so i have noone to direct questions to.  I mean, I'm never really pushing anything on this blog and I just wanted anwsers.  Like I said before, we can talk about killing people in an adult manner but nothing else?

I never thought i would get black bagged on this site.

Sigh...  did you check back into the comments / suggestions thread?  Your answer was left there.  You can feel you were "black bagged" all you want, but your concerns have been addressed.  We left a reason for why the post was locked, we cited the proper rules, and we responded to you in the comments / suggestions thread.  What more is it that you want?

Also, as I noted in the comments / suggestions thread, you can see what mod edited your post at the bottom of the post.  I locked it, and it's there, plain as day, showing I was the one who did it.  Again, I'm not seeing your issue here.

Anyway, I'm done wasting time on this issue with you.  Your thread was locked because in our discretion it's not a topic that is conducive to productive conversation.  That's the end of it.

-Roy

That is my fault for not seeing the responses you posted in the buried thread... i tried keeping on top of it but I to have a full time job and did not see it till you pointed it out so... my bad, I expected someone to maybe answer me by PM.. .but it's neither here nor there.  Also, please don't use Guised threats towards me.  i know it doesn't matter if you ban me... or i leave or not since this is free, i just think we can treat each other in a respectable manner.  I understand now what you are saying by full time job/stuff ont he screen and whatnot.

Maybe because this topic has been discussed in the passed and the thread ran out of control or whatnot... i understand.  I never knew it was "out of bounds" and I apologize.  I just felt unanswered. But thanks for the sarcasm soaked response, makes me feel great.
New England Sports... Feel the Beastmode-ness!

-city of champions-

« Reply #243 on: September 05, 2007, 03:59:48 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
But thanks for the sarcasm soaked response, makes me feel great.

Two things here:

1)  It is frustrating when you repeatedly attack the staff for not responding to your arguments, and send them private messages to that effect, when they have clearly done so (in a thread you have previously posted in);

2) I fail to see any sarcasm in my response to your PM; it was fairly straight forward.  However, I would note that you yourself have resorted to sarcasm in at least one subsequent post along the lines of "drugs are bad".  As I noted there, I would suggest you not continue this course of behavior.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #244 on: September 05, 2007, 04:07:07 PM »

Offline Marco Vincent

• Jaylen Brown
i wasn't being sarcastic.  drugs are bad.

-city of champions-

« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2007, 04:20:43 PM »

Offline Marco Vincent

• Jaylen Brown
I'm constantly in an argument in offtopic about one thing or another, but I think I keep it relatively separate between what I post and what needs modding. If someone feels like I or any other mod are abusing their power, PM them. We're all very reasnable and there is a set of checks and balances (other mods, admins and BOB) to make sure that everything gets throughly reviewed.
[/glow]

I have much love for you Indeed and you know that.  But I have yet to see one occasion of a thread being unlocked.  As a matter of fact, the thread in question was locked in no less than 5 minutes.  I guarantee noone was asked about it at all.  When I asked repededly... for an hour why, noone anwser me and when I did it was (rather Snarkily) by Roy Hobbs.  I wish you could have seen the OP because you would have seen i wasn't advocating drugs in any way, it's a legitmate political topic and a legitimate problem/issue in our country.  Maybe politics should just be banned altogether... along with religion.  It's rather hypocritical to say we can "hypothetically" talk about throwing the switch or pulling the trigger in an excution but can't have an intelligent conversation about "drug policy".  I have spoken my peace. and will no longer talk about this.  My jaw really just dropped when my post was locked in 5 minutes with vague and questionable policies being quoted as the reason and being blatantly disregarded in threads just below the one i posted.  But hey... like i said, it's you guy's rules and you gotta do what you gotta do I guess... just thought WE ALL were above it that's all.

Sorry it got so ugly, for what it's worth.

-city of champions-

« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  My jaw really just dropped when my post was locked in 5 minutes with vague and questionable policies being quoted as the reason and being blatantly disregarded in threads just below the one i posted

Again:  we have jobs.  Celticsblog isn't a full-time occupation.  Your thread was locked with an explanation.  You were then provided a further explanation in this thread about an hour afterward.  You were provided a *third* explanation by PM.  I'm really having a hard time seeing what your gripe is.

Let me reiterate, we lock threads in our discretion.  Certain topics aren't allowed to be discussed.  You're not allowed to incite a riot, you're not allowed to post lewd photos, and you're not allowed to talk about the legalization of illegal drugs.  It's discretionary, and no, nothing you say is going to change that in this particular instance. 

« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2007, 04:39:17 PM »

Offline Marco Vincent

• Jaylen Brown
1. Inciting a riot

2. Posting lewd photos

3.  talking about the legalization of illegal drugs

these are all in the same category?

the difference is the first 2 are physical actions which harm others.  I don't see it in 3. 

and if so... why can't we talk about abortion... which IS legal?

-city of champions-

« Reply #248 on: September 05, 2007, 04:43:30 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
1. Inciting a riot

2. Posting lewd photos

3.  talking about the legalization of illegal drugs

these are all in the same category?

the difference is the first 2 are physical actions which harm others.  I don't see it in 3. 

and if so... why can't we talk about abortion... which IS legal?

If starting a conversation about legalizing a drug is so important to you, go to a different forum that will allow you to do so. 

The staff of this site has decided that this a conversation that we are not willing to referee when posters start putting up inappropriate responses (which will happen on this site sad to say). 

Meanwhile you have not added anything to change anyones mind.  Instead, you are coming off as an immature whiner.  From all you previous post, I did not believe this to be the case.  But you are really changing some poster impression of you. 

« Reply #249 on: September 05, 2007, 04:48:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Roy just thought of a few threads I was going to post to see if they fall into that touchy subject, locked thread area:

"Adolph Hitler...gotta love him!"

"Religion Sucks"

"If I could, I'd tell Roy Hobbs to...."

"What country should we blow up and destroy next?"

"The best way to overthrow a government is..."

"Top 10 sexual positions"

"Your favorite Superbad cartoon recreation"

"Osama bin Laden...why he's right!"

"Aren't sheep cute?"

"My favorite mass murderer"

"Top ten words that sound like yuck"

"Why can't we have rulers like Saddam Hussein?"

"Favorite thing to rub on your boyfriend"

« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2007, 04:53:04 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Lol.  Funny stuff, Nick.  Some of those might actually make for acceptable debate. ;)

« Reply #251 on: September 05, 2007, 05:15:52 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
the internets are a big place, there are plenty of places to discuss all types of topics

we've chosen to limit the topics to discuss here - please understand that and respect it

thanks
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #252 on: September 05, 2007, 05:29:09 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Roy just thought of a few threads I was going to post to see if they fall into that touchy subject, locked thread area:

"Adolph Hitler...gotta love him!"

"Religion Sucks"

"If I could, I'd tell Roy Hobbs to...."

"What country should we blow up and destroy next?"

"The best way to overthrow a government is..."

"Top 10 sexual positions"

"Your favorite Superbad cartoon recreation"

"Osama bin Laden...why he's right!"

"Aren't sheep cute?"

"My favorite mass murderer"

"Top ten words that sound like yuck"

"Why can't we have rulers like Saddam Hussein?"

"Favorite thing to rub on your boyfriend"

lollololololololololololololololololololol
Man I almost cant resist throwing this loud laugh, that surely will make me look like an Idiot in my office bcause of u
This one specially

"If I could, I'd tell Roy Hobbs to...."  ;D

I will put this one in my nominateds for post of the year
I will
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #253 on: September 05, 2007, 05:51:18 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Man I almost cant resist throwing this loud laugh, that surely will make me look like an Idiot in my office bcause of u
This one specially

I will

Lol.  I'd like to hear some of those suggestions, myself.  I'm sure they'd all be thoughtful and kind. ;)

Like, "If I could, I'd tell Roy Hobbs to marry my supermodel sister".

That's what you were anticipating, right, Nick?

« Reply #254 on: September 05, 2007, 05:54:18 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

This one specially

I will

Lol.  I'd like to hear some of those suggestions, myself.  I'm sure they'd all be thoughtful and kind. ;)

Like, "If I could, I'd tell Roy Hobbs to marry my supermodel sister".

That's what you were anticipating, right, Nick?

Sure , Roy, Sure  :D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!