Author Topic: Logging off for good  (Read 42474 times)

Re: Logging off for good
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2010, 10:48:01 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Dissociative identity disorder (DID) is a psychiatric diagnosis that describes a condition in which a person displays multiple distinct identities or personalities (known as alter egos or alters), each with its own pattern of perceiving and interacting with the environment.
Great!!Fits in right nicely with my current diagnoses of

Bi-Polar Disorder
Social Anxiety Disorder
Seasonal Affective Disorder
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder
Sarcoidosis
Asthma
Sleep Apnea
Gastroesophageal reflux disease
Degenerative Disc Disease
Lower Back Pain
Restless Leg Syndrome
Near Sighted Vision
Male Pattern Baldness

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2010, 10:51:51 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
2 accounts, yet the hall of fame remains a ghost town  ;)  i kid, i kid ;)......welcome back, well sort of, not really....bc u never left.  you know what i mean :D

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2010, 11:01:22 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2010, 11:03:06 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
this stinks....i liked plamb but cant stand nick

kidding obviously,,,i got a little nervous reading this thread from the beginning, i had no idea how it would end, it was like watching the sixth sense
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2010, 11:07:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
2 accounts, yet the hall of fame remains a ghost town  ;)  i kid, i kid ;)......welcome back, well sort of, not really....bc u never left.  you know what i mean :D
Let me explain what I explained to Roy before I left to take my alter ego regarding the Hall of Fame. What you don't know and can't see because it is in a staff only thread in the HOF area is that I have write ups done, and have for quite some time, for the first group of inductees. I am also missing writeups for two because I just have never gotten responses from them.

My plans for the write ups was that I had sent the text and a selected font to a graphic designer friend of mine who was going to do, for free as a favor for me, some artwork that would have put the text into a bronze plaque like looking piece that would have had the poster's username, the writeup and the Celticsblog logo with a logo I was having him do with the Hall of Fame. When it was all done, I was going to present it to Jeff for approval.

My friend, got bogged down in work and personal issues and put it off and off. It was for free and a favor and it wasn't like I could force him and I don't think it was something I wanted to pay for. Stuff started then happening in my own life(personal, professional and health) and unfortunately you and a couple of other people, both here and in my real life, caught me during a really bad time. Things got back burnered.

Things are better now and I haven't broached the subject with my buddy in a while. I think I will again soon and if he can do it, I think it will be worth the wait because he is real good at what he does.

If he can't and there's some graphic designers that want to volunteer their time and want to PM me to help with this project, I'll be happy to go that way, if in fact the management here still wants me to help out there.

So that's the story behind the CBHOF.

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2010, 11:10:06 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Let me explain what I explained to Roy before I left to take my alter ego regarding the Hall of Fame. What you don't know and can't see because it is in a staff only thread in the HOF area is that I have write ups done, and have for quite some time, for the first group of inductees. I am also missing writeups for two because I just have never gotten responses from them.

My plans for the write ups was that I had sent the text and a selected font to a graphic designer friend of mine who was going to do, for free as a favor for me, some artwork that would have put the text into a bronze plaque like looking piece that would have had the poster's username, the writeup and the Celticsblog logo with a logo I was having him do with the Hall of Fame. When it was all done, I was going to present it to Jeff for approval.

My friend, got bogged down in work and personal issues and put it off and off. It was for free and a favor and it wasn't like I could force him and I don't think it was something I wanted to pay for. Stuff started then happening in my own life(personal, professional and health) and unfortunately you and a couple of other people, both here and in my real life, caught me during a really bad time. Things got back burnered.

Things are better now and I have broached the subject with a buddy in a while. I think I will again soon and if he can do it, I think it will be worth the wait because he is real good at what he does.

If he can't and there's some graphic designers that want to volunteer their time and want to PM me to help with this project, I'll be happy to go that way, if in fact the management here still wants me to help out there.

So that's the story behind the CBHOF.

i was joking. interesting concept tho

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2010, 11:24:18 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Wow - very interesting thread..well, glad to see all is apparently back on track with you, Nick.

Now that I think of it, PLamb did have his own distinct style..

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2010, 12:10:26 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I'd rather see pictures of boxers than lambs on here anyhow.

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2010, 12:49:19 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
i feel really wierd. Me and Plamb had a few chats. I dont know Nick. They are the same person. So wierd.

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2010, 08:25:21 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
I feel like I'm watching Shutter Island... ;)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2010, 08:29:33 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

thanks for the spoiler  ::)
Yup

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2010, 11:08:15 AM »

Offline SalmonAndMashedPotatoes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 119
I don't mean to interupt the back-slapping, but stunts like this only feed into the percpetion of an in-crowd, out-crowd paradigm on Celtisblog, a perception that periodically causes good posters to resign their usernames in a huff of indignation. 

I don't think Nick (or anyone for that matter) should be disciplined or anything, but the interpretation and enforcement of the rules on this blog continues to be inconsistent at best.
Folly. Persist.

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2010, 11:12:51 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

thanks for the spoiler  ::)

Redz, thank *you* for the spoiler.  I wouldn't have even got it bc I was scanning through the topic quickly.  Now I got it. But at least you saved me $10.
 ;)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2010, 11:15:08 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I don't mean to interupt the back-slapping, but stunts like this only feed into the percpetion of an in-crowd, out-crowd paradigm on Celtisblog, a perception that periodically causes good posters to resign their usernames in a huff of indignation. 

I don't think Nick (or anyone for that matter) should be disciplined or anything, but the interpretation and enforcement of the rules on this blog continues to be inconsistent at best.

I respectfully disagree.  While a rule may have been broken here, it was addressed by the staff in the same way we address the vast majority of broken rules.  We address it with the poster, explain the situation, give them a warning if necessary, and if they are cooperative, and understand what they did wrong/agree that it won't happen again, we move on happily.

We are not here to punish people.  We are here to keep the site running smoothly, and trying to make it a place where everyone feels welcome.  That means being reasonable, and not overreacting when a poster owns up to their actions.  

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2010, 11:16:18 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

What rule was enforced inconsistently, or was interpreted differently than its plain language?

Members can't have more than one active account.  That's been the case with literally every member that I can think of.  As nick admitted, when he began to use two accounts simultaneously, he was contacted by the staff and told that it was against blog rules.  The same thing happened with GuyIncognito (a funny joke), and every other member that we've noticed using multiple accounts.

I know certain members like to criticize the staff for just about everything, but these complaints seem ridiculous to me.  The staff enforced a rule, which precipitated this very thread, and yet certain members complain that the staff doesn't enforce its rules.  It's puzzling to me.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions