Author Topic: Feedback: what would you change about Celticsblog?  (Read 48290 times)

Re: Feedback: what would you change about Celticsblog?
« Reply #120 on: February 02, 2009, 10:28:40 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Get rid of the automatic suspension you have on my account please!

In what regard?  You should be able to post in both the forums and on the front page, and as far as I know, in the chat, as well.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2009, 02:21:11 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
When browsing the front page stories, can you guys put the "Older" botton on the left, and the "Newer" botton on the right? The reason is mainly consistency... for one, usually the left is regarded for older pages, while the right for newer pages, also in the first page you have the "Older" botton on the left, but in subsequent pages it goes to the right, so it's a bit of an incovenience I think.

Nothing major.

« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2009, 02:38:48 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
A Tommy Point for Roy for reaching 18,624  :)

« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2009, 04:06:11 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Not going to check through 9 pages for this (so rtfm is an acceptable response) but when your session times out in the middle of a post you automatically lose whatever you've typed Could this be changed?

And kudos to the diabolical mind that rigged my account to time out only after I've written an exceptionally long post, generally referencing data that I've copied from multiple sources.

« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2009, 04:08:24 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Not going to check through 9 pages for this (so rtfm is an acceptable response) but when your session times out in the middle of a post you automatically lose whatever you've typed Could this be changed?

And kudos to the diabolical mind that rigged my account to time out only after I've written an exceptionally long post, generally referencing data that I've copied from multiple sources.

With our current forums software, I don't think there's a way to change this.  What we encourage people to do is to type out long posts on Microsoft Word / Notepad / whatever, and then cut and paste them to the blog.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2009, 04:38:05 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
I'd let me back in the political forums.  ;D

Other than that, I wouldn't change a thing.  Keep up the good work.

« Reply #126 on: February 09, 2009, 05:15:46 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

With our current forums software, I don't think there's a way to change this.  What we encourage people to do is to type out long posts on Microsoft Word / Notepad / whatever, and then cut and paste them to the blog.

Thanks. I was just ranting. I didn't think that someone would say "that's a great idea, we'll get right on it", although I considered the possibility that the answer might be "make a simple change to your profile that everyone else did right after we switched to the new look".

« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2009, 05:28:43 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

Thanks. I was just ranting. I didn't think that someone would say "that's a great idea, we'll get right on it", although I considered the possibility that the answer might be "make a simple change to your profile that everyone else did right after we switched to the new look".

Well, depending on what your computer use situation is, there is one thing that might help, Tim: I believe when you log in (I haven't done this in a while, as you'll see), there is a box you can check along the lines of "always stay logged in" or "log in until I sign out," which so far as I can tell, prevents your session from timing out.  As a result, I haven't encountered the problem you're talking about, although I've experienced it in the past with email accounts and the like, and it's a royal pain.

That said, nearly all of my CelticsBlog use comes on my own personal laptop, and I know a lot of our members that hop on the site during the workday may not have the luxury of being able to permanently remain logged in on computers in their offices.  But if you're not concerned with any of that, I think "always stay logged in" might solve the problem.

Hope that helps.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2009, 05:29:49 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
One thing I really dislike is when I try to post that warning comes up "Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. ", and I'll click submit again and it will pop up again, and I click it again and it pops up again.  To be honest I don't care that someone posted while I was typing a response, just let me post my post.

UGH it just happened trying to post this...twice

« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2009, 05:32:01 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
One thing I really dislike is when I try to post that warning comes up "Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. ", and I'll click submit again and it will pop up again, and I click it again and it pops up again.  To be honest I don't care that someone posted while I was typing a response, just let me post my post.

You can change that.  Go into your Profile.  Click on "Look and Layout Preferences", then check the box next to "Don't warn on new replies made while posting."  That should do the trick.

« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2009, 08:56:25 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923

You can change that.  Go into your Profile.  Click on "Look and Layout Preferences", then check the box next to "Don't warn on new replies made while posting."  That should do the trick.

Great, thanks.  I don't remember seeing that there before. +1

« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2009, 09:14:16 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Edgar?
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2009, 11:41:47 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Looking at the "Entertainment" forum, I think the sub-forum called "Other Entertainment" is really unnecessary. I think it should be eliminated, the threads there moved to the main "Entertainment" forum. There's really no need for that subforum since anything that would've fallen into the "Other" category can simply be posted in the main section.

It should make that section much better, and threads easier to find with easier accessability and better visibility.

« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2009, 11:53:26 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
good idea, and excellent job diggin up an old thread instead of starting a new one.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2009, 08:29:26 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
Maybe we could add a celticsblog personalised trade simulation machine where the only A team is Boston and an option for the rest. Would look cool :) I don't like the ESPN one, and the realgm is kind of odd sometimes.