Author Topic: James Harden assaults fan for calling him a flopper, police do nothing  (Read 4036 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Video: https://twitter.com/DimeUPROXX/status/992062384779952128

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2018/05/03/james-harden-slaps-away-heckling-utah-jazz-fans-phone/577021002/

Not sure why players think they can put their hands on the fans. It would be chaos if it was the other way around. They get paid millions to play a childs game. Heckling players isn't a new thing.

Heckling is apart of the game, comes with the territory to a certain extent. Fan did not physically engage the player, it was no need for Harden to do that at all. NBA has to implement harsher fines

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
At the same time, the fan was in an area he wasn’t supposed to be in.

My thought is if you get up into somebody’s face and harass them, a phone slap is pretty warranted.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Didn’t Westbrook do this too?

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Didn’t Westbrook do this too?

I'm pretty sure Kobe did this after church a couple years ago to some lady who was just trying to take pictures of him.  IIRC he actually did damage to the phone and was investigated, but was ultimately cleared of any wrongdoing.  I guess that opened the door for everybody else?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

My thought is if you get up into somebody’s face and harass them, a phone slap is pretty warranted.
if the $1000 phone was damaged, its ok because he was in an area he may not have supposed to be in?   Its just fair game to beat him up and break the fans  property?

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Fair game to get your hand slapped. If your $10000000 phone gets broken, good luck getting someone you heckled pay for that.
I moved the cheese.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

if the $1000 phone was damaged, its ok because he was in an area he may not have supposed to be in?   Its just fair game to beat him up and break the fans  property?
I'm gonna go with yes in general. And the fan hardly got beat up

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Try going somewhere you're not supposed to be, like someone else's house or behind the bank counter, and see if anybody cuts you some slack.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Lol @ “beat him up”

And if he’s not supposed to be there — I.e., was trespassing — then reasonable force is fine.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Try going somewhere you're not supposed to be, like someone else's house or behind the bank counter, and see if anybody cuts you some slack.
I'm not believing the fan wasn't supposed to be there. If it was such a restricted area, why aren't the cops handcuffing or being harder about the area being as private as "someone else's house or behind the bank."

Because it's not restricted. Even if it is, you get a formal trespassing notice. You don't get your car jacked and your throat stabbed just because you were in a private area. Harden isn't the police, and the arena isn't his property so the "home" argument doesn't count

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

If he put his hand on the fan..he is paying more than $1000

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

If he put his hand on the fan..he is paying more than $1000

Very doubtful.

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Video: https://twitter.com/DimeUPROXX/status/992062384779952128

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/playoffs/2018/05/03/james-harden-slaps-away-heckling-utah-jazz-fans-phone/577021002/

Not sure why players think they can put their hands on the fans. It would be chaos if it was the other way around. They get paid millions to play a childs game. Heckling players isn't a new thing.

Heckling is apart of the game, comes with the territory to a certain extent. Fan did not physically engage the player, it was no need for Harden to do that at all. NBA has to implement harsher fines

lol
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

lol

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum

I'm not believing the fan wasn't supposed to be there. If it was such a restricted area, why aren't the cops handcuffing or being harder about the area being as private as "someone else's house or behind the bank."

Because it's not restricted. Even if it is, you get a formal trespassing notice. You don't get your car jacked and your throat stabbed just because you were in a private area. Harden isn't the police, and the arena isn't his property so the "home" argument doesn't count
LOL

Celticsblog=sports radio