Author Topic: No C's-Lakers Christmas game this year?  (Read 7215 times)

Re: No C's-Lakers Christmas game this year?
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 12:45:02 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
Hold on, let me get this straight, the season hasn't even started and you guys are already talking about the refs having an agenda to get the Cavs into the finals?

Amazing

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 12:48:49 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
its all about ratings. honestly, i could care less if we play on xmas.  i bet the players will enjoy not having to be away from their families.

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2009, 07:01:16 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Van Gundy:
"Playing Celtics on Christmas Day is Disrespectful".  I look forward to the Cs thoroughly humiliating the Magic on national TV: http://www.nesn.com/2009/08/van-gundy-says-playing-celtics-on-christmas-day-is-disrespectful.html?sbn

In other news: Uh ohhhhhh! Magic resigned Foyle!  Cs better watch out!
http://www.nba.com/magic/news/resign_foyle_082709.html

Ok, maybe that was disrespectful of Foyle's b-ball abilities...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 07:54:27 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
i think us having to play the magic on christmas day is disrespectful to US...we all know we would have probably gone to the finals with a healthy team...orlando was healthy, got lucky against the cavs, and choked in the finals.

also, they essentially traded turkoglu and courtney lee for vinsanity...they got worse over the offseason, not better.

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2009, 07:53:51 PM »

Offline 4THQTR

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 61
As much as i dislike Van Gundy, i really think he has a point here.
Sure a healthy Celts team would have beaten the magic, but it never came to that. Instead the magic brutally beat the cavs to advance to the finals. This is the point: how can the magic have dominated the cavs the way they did and yet it's the cavs who get to play the champs?
Well, of course the cavs vs. lakers game is the dream-matchup to get top ratings: kobe vs. lebron and shaq! Doesn't get better than that for the nba... it's just not what you would see if they went by tradition...

So, yes as a celtics fan i feel just a little insulted by van gundy for acting like the celtics weren't much of challenge (though that's not really what it was about in the first place...) But hey, we'll see if he uses this whole story as an excuse for getting blown out come christmas day...  ;)

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2009, 09:49:39 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Though he's slighting the Cs I kind of see SVG's point that they should have played the Lakers or Cavs. They went to the finals and they have a popular young star.

Last year I really liked the scheduling. Most of the teams had some playoff history Spurs/Suns Celts/Lakers Wiz/Cavs. This year not so much. Clippers/Suns really?
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.