Author Topic: Sullinger updated photo with Turner and Oden  (Read 19852 times)

Re: Sullinger updated photo with Turner and Oden
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2015, 07:48:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Saw this article today.

He’s actually not in Boston right now and hasn’t been most of the summer. He’s been working out in a couple different locations," Stevens said. "But everything that I have heard, every time I’ve spoken with him, every time I have spoken to people around him, it sounds like he’s doing great.

"Hey, he wants to be in the best shape of his life, he wants to be in great condition, and he’s working towards that, and I think he’s excited for a new season to show that’s been his focus and to show off the work that he’s put in to get there."

"He’s had a lot of good moments in my first two seasons here and he’s certainly a big important part of our team. He’s in a position where he can score both facing and also back-to-the-basket, but he’s also in position where he can pass the basketball and we play through our bigs quite often and we have a lot of them that are really good passers and really good playmakers. He’s certainly a guy that brings a lot to the table, I’m looking forward to getting to work with him again."

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/photos-show-slimmer-jared-sullinger-boston-celtics-coach-brad-stevens-sounds-pleased

I still think even if he gets in shape, he will be slow and an average leaper at best.     He should move around better.   But until we see his attitude on the court, photos matter little.  Though it is an improvement.

The Celtics are not taking chances, they traded for Lee, signed Amir, and resigned Jerebko.   So they took actions to mitigate if he comes in out of shape.   If he comes in shape, they added bigs who can score, and bring versatility.   If he comes in out of shape, they have guys who can replace him.   Ainge was very clever in this regard.

I am starting to think that Stevens has a sense of humor where he says stuff that has double meaning like Sullinger bringing a lot to the table.  Both acknowledging his skills and subtly slamming him.   I saw him say something along these lines when he said, Bass was a consumate pro about his diet as well.  A subtle jab at Sully while complimenting another player.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:56:48 AM by Celtics4ever »