Around the League > The Draft

Celtic Picks - 2019 draft

(1/152) > >>

slamtheking:
Back again with my (almost annual) thread on tracking the C's picks for this coming draft.  Didn't do one for last year with the C's only having the 1 first rounder.

Standings as of 1/3/18 -- will try to update weekly

Memphis pick tied #12--  (tied with Dallas and Charlotte) (protected top 8 ) 
                   Games Behind    Current Wins   Games Left   Last 10
Utah                       0.5                  18                     44                5-5
Detroit                    0.5                  17                     46                4-6
Memphis                ---                   18                     45                 2-8
Dallas                      ---                  18                     45                 3-7
Charlotte                 ---                  18                     45                  4-6
Miami                     +0.5                 18                     46                 7-3

-->  tie with Dallas gives them a tie for the #12 slot.  Even though they're tied with Charlotte, Charlotte's in the
playoffs in the East so they're not in the mix right now to worsen this pick.  Miami is also in the Eastern playoffs so
they won't be hurting this pick for now either.

Kings pick -- #14  (protected if top 1 - becomes Sixer pick if #1)
                       Games Behind    Current Wins     Games Left    Last 10
Charlotte                 1.0                   18                      45                  4-6
Miami                       0.5                    18                     46                   7-3
Sacramento             ----                   19                     45                   4-6

--> last lottery draft position.  even though they have a better record than 2 teams in the East that are currently in
the playoff picture, Kings pick jumps up 2 spots.   

Clipper Pick #20   -- (protected  top 14) 
LA Lakers                  0.5                    21                     44                  4-6
San Antonio               0.5                    21                     44                  7-3
LA Clippers                ---                    21                      45                 4-6
Portland                     +0.5                  22                     44                 7-3
Houston                     +0.5                 21                      46                 9-1

-->  Clips falling off their early pace.  Portland and Houston should now be able to put some distance between
themselves and the Clips to prevent that pick from getting worse.  SA should pass them soon in the standings to
help the cause.

Boston Pick #23
Portland                  0.5                   22                     44                7-3
Houston                  0.5                  21                      46                9-1
Boston                   ---                     22                     45                 5-5
Philadelphia           +2                     25                     43                 6-4
OKC                         +2                   24                     45                 7-3

-->C's pick figures to get a bit worse than #23 this year as the team starts to really gel.  would expect to see them
pass Philly, OKC and Indiana before it's over and possibly the Bucks and Nuggets too.

Second Rounders:
Boston (protected 31-55)

Second rounders
Boston - #53

tazzmaniac:
TP for doing this.  I think it is more likely that the Clips fall into the lottery than end up in the top 4 in the West.  So teams passing them at this point isn't good. 

tonydelk:

--- Quote from: tazzmaniac on January 03, 2019, 02:51:59 PM ---TP for doing this.  I think it is more likely that the Clips fall into the lottery than end up in the top 4 in the West.  So teams passing them at this point isn't good.

--- End quote ---

Memphis has also been on a big slide and are an injury away from a top 8 pick.  If I were a betting man I would say the C's only have 2 first round picks this year with Memphis conveying next year. 

rondofan1255:
great thread dude
I wish the SAC and MEM pick watch threads would have the OP updated occasionally, similar to past pick tracking threads (LAL, BKN)

expecting the LAC playoff push to come down to the bubble, maybe they'll sneak in...

slamtheking:
thanks for the feedback all.  hope this thread provides some info to everyone while generating a discussion on how the picks are looking for us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version