Author Topic: Bulls (14-26) at Celtics (26-11) Game #38 1/13/20  (Read 20108 times)

Re: Bulls (14-26) at Celtics (26-11) Game #38 1/13/20
« Reply #225 on: January 13, 2020, 10:18:48 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I like what I've seen from Langford

he is cool under pressure

looks like be belongs .

Definitely. His game doesn't look super diverse, but he is great at what he does. If he can expand on it, he could be very good

Luckily he's got a couple of great young role models
he's showing he was a quality pick by Danny - not the bust proclaimed by those whining about him not being an all-star by now.
I have not proclaimed Romeo a bust . I have criticized Danny’s drafting.. but man Romeo had 2 min tonight with all his stats at 0... how do you come to these conclusions so fast?

By watching him play, both tonight and in previous games
I'm bitter.

« Reply #226 on: January 13, 2020, 10:24:13 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

looks like be belongs .

Definitely. His game doesn't look super diverse, but he is great at what he does. If he can expand on it, he could be very good

he's showing he was a quality pick by Danny - not the bust proclaimed by those whining about him not being an all-star by now.
I have not proclaimed Romeo a bust . I have criticized Danny’s drafting.. but man Romeo had 2 min tonight with all his stats at 0... how do you come to these conclusions so fast?

Crazy how that can help
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #227 on: January 13, 2020, 10:31:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Yeah, if you actually watch him you see he knows what he is supposed to do and that he knows where he is supposed to be. He moves fluidly with the ball and has tremendous court vision and awareness. He appears to be able to find a way to the basket without effort.

And tonight when doubled teamed baseline knew how to get it to an open man rather than a turnover or terrible shot attempt. Shows high BBIQ.

Add to that a high level of athleticism and good length that he uses as a backside defender to tremendous effect. It really looks like the only thing holding him back is opportunity. It won't come this year but depending on the offseason, Langford could be thrust into a meaningful role as soon as next year.

« Reply #228 on: January 13, 2020, 10:31:49 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

looks like be belongs .

Crazy how that can help
Brad watches him every day. Why isn’t he playing him more than 2 minutes against a bad bulls team in a blowout?

« Reply #229 on: January 13, 2020, 10:32:30 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Yeah, if you actually watch him you see he knows what he is supposed to do and that he knows where he is supposed to be. He moves fluidly with the ball and has tremendous court vision and awareness. He appears to be able to find a way to the basket without effort.

And tonight when doubled teamed baseline knew how to get it to an open man rather than a turnover or terrible shot attempt. Shows high BBIQ.

Add to that a high level of athleticism and good length that he uses as a backside defender to tremendous effect. It really looks like the only thing holding him back is opportunity. It won't come this year but depending on the offseason could be thrust into a meaningful role as soon as next year.
I will try to pay more attention next time

« Reply #230 on: January 13, 2020, 10:41:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

looks like be belongs .

Crazy how that can help
Brad watches him every day. Why isn’t he playing him more than 2 minutes against a bad bulls team in a blowout?

He he just come back from illness?

« Reply #231 on: January 13, 2020, 10:49:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Nice team win.

Except for that treble start to the 3rd quarter it was a good team win!

« Reply #232 on: January 13, 2020, 10:52:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Nice team win.

The had a similar stretch in the 2nd quarter last game but came back to take control. Like today. This is the NBA. Even in games you should win handily, the opposition can still go on 10, 11, 12 point runs in a game. It happens in virtually every NBA game

« Reply #233 on: January 13, 2020, 11:01:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Nice team win.

The had a similar stretch in the 2nd quarter last game but came back to take control. Like today. This is the NBA. Even in games you should win handily, the opposition can still go on 10, 11, 12 point runs in a game. It happens in virtually every NBA game

That is true but they just looked disinterested and flat when they came out. They brought in Smart and Grant Williams and they kind of got the energy back.

« Reply #234 on: January 14, 2020, 12:10:18 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
C's 100% coasted a few times this game. Happens but is annoying.

When they put Poirer in at the end and were trying so hard to get him a bucket I was worried the Bulls would hit 3 3s or something dumb to put the game back in doubt. (I remember it happened to the C's earlier this year and Kemba had to bail them out can't recall which team it was against though)

Good game overall though, the Bulls absolutely do not have the personnel to play such an aggressive defense against the C's. Just some silly stuff that led to so many easy layups when the C's got the ball moving.

« Reply #235 on: January 14, 2020, 12:16:02 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

looks like be belongs .

Crazy how that can help
How much do you think the 5th guard/wing plays typically? Basically he's competing for the 5-10 minutes that Green gets if everyone else is healthy or playing effectively.

Given how much they like to play Smart/Wanamaker/Kemba at the guard spots and Brown/Tatum/Hayward at the wing its hard to get minutes on this team for Romeo.

« Reply #236 on: January 14, 2020, 12:23:44 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306

looks like be belongs .

Crazy how that can help
How much do you think the 5th guard/wing plays typically? Basically he's competing for the 5-10 minutes that Green gets if everyone else is healthy or playing effectively.

Given how much they like to play Smart/Wanamaker/Kemba at the guard spots and Brown/Tatum/Hayward at the wing its hard to get minutes on this team for Romeo.
There haven't been a lot of games this year that fit that description.

« Reply #237 on: January 14, 2020, 12:26:01 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

looks like be belongs .

Crazy how that can help

There haven't been a lot of games this year that fit that description.
This is true, but Romeo has been one of the players injured for most of the year! He's had two ankle injuries and also caught the bug going around the team.