Author Topic: Woj: Hayward to Charlotte (4 years, $120 million)  (Read 185924 times)

Re: Hayward to opt in?
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2020, 04:37:59 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I will not be surprised at him waiting till after the draft then opting out, just to screw with the organization.

Guy is salty about the jays being better than him

What is your evidence of this saltiness?

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2020, 04:45:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I will not be surprised at him waiting till after the draft then opting out, just to screw with the organization.

Guy is salty about the jays being better than him

What is your evidence of this saltiness?

None.

It’s a silly take.  The guy is salty and jealous  that he rushed back from injury and missed the birth of his child to play against Miami.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2020, 05:07:33 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 619
Hayward is opting in.

He's betting his value will be higher coming off a fully healthy season.
ok fine

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2020, 05:09:35 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Whether or not Hayward is "salty" I think it's safe to assume that if he does opt in and plays for the Celts this season, he's going to sign elsewhere after this season.  I think he and the team both understand that, which is why they've been exploring options for a trade.

I suspect Hayward would prefer to get traded before this season because he'd like to play for a team that will give him a larger offensive role before he hits free agency.

If he plays for the Celts again this season he could have another year where he averages 12-15 ppg with solid defense and passing, which probably won't get him the payday he's hoping for.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2020, 05:10:48 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
  With all these rumors with the #2 pick why is Gordon not brought up? Is he not the better player than Smart by a lot? Not that I’m saying GS would ever do that.
  But wouldn’t Hayward for there better than smart/ jrue/ or waiting in a big man? I’d think that Steph/ Klay/ Hayward/ Wiggins/ Draymond plus whoever stole 14 for insurance would be much better. Am I crazy?

I don't think you are crazy and that's why I'd rather Gordon stay.  If he truly has issues being 4th fiddle here then he would not be happy in GSW.  If the rumors are true it seems Gordon wants to be the man vs winning a championship. Now to the other side.  I've never heard from Hayward any of this kind of concern other then feeling bad about being hurt so I don't even know if I believe the rumors he wants to leave.  It would not shock me if the offseason went like this.

Yeah, I've yet to see _any_ real evidence that these "rumors" are even "rumors"!

I mean - I keep hearing some bloggers saying things like that.  But not even a hint of a rumor of Hayward himself ever saying anything like that.

Doesn't mean he doesn't want out.  But a lot of this feels like a giant imaginary mass contrivance made out of nothing.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2020, 05:14:50 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
I mean honestly if I was Hayward I don’t think I’d be eager to leave. I honestly believe Hayward can be the most valuable player on the roster if you remove Kemba for Jrue and are able to acquire a true rim protector.

Hayward’s FG % and playmaking is needed for that kind of lineup. He could honestly run full-time PG on offense with this lineup lol. Can hide him on defense by having him guard the 3 or 4 but if we had a rim protector then it wouldn’t matter who blows by him because he has help.

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2020, 05:22:46 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Just because both the Celtics and Hayward have both come to the conclusion that it is no longer a good fit (if in fact this is the case) does not mean there is any ill will.  Hayward signed here for all the right reasons, then he got a catastrophic injury and the whole team changed.  The Celtics brought Hayward here for good reason as well.  Now potentially Hayward wants to play on more of a veteran team and/or in a geography that suits him better and/or on a team that suits his skills better.  The Celtics want out from his money and probably would prefer to have someone with more size in his place as they now have Tatum and Brown who can do what Hayward does even better.

It seems to me, a trade or sign and trade is likely.

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2020, 05:28:42 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I mean honestly if I was Hayward I don’t think I’d be eager to leave. I honestly believe Hayward can be the most valuable player on the roster if you remove Kemba for Jrue and are able to acquire a true rim protector.

Hayward’s FG % and playmaking is needed for that kind of lineup. He could honestly run full-time PG on offense with this lineup lol. Can hide him on defense by having him guard the 3 or 4 but if we had a rim protector then it wouldn’t matter who blows by him because he has help.

I think Hayward believes this as well and believes it was probably best for the team but Brad didn’t have the stones to implement it. Hayward is our most efficient guy and best “point guard” really.
  But he had to take a backseat to protect egos. I’d be soo gone. Brad will never do that. He didn’t when he should have. Certainly won’t now.

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2020, 05:29:22 PM »

Offline Greengang5

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21
Celtics may lose Hayward for nothing. Losing Hayward will hurt the team and won't be easily replaced. And the deadline for his decision is now tomorrow at 5pm per Keith Smith.

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2020, 05:30:51 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Mark Murphy: Gordon Hayward has not decided on his $34.1 M option yet, and has until 5 p.m. tomorrow to exercise it. The Celtics have myriad options of their own to still consider. League source: “All I can say is that a lot of people want him.”

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2020, 05:37:30 PM »

Offline Greengang5

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 21
17.5/6.7/4.1 while shooting 50% and being the 4th option. Hayward opts out and who is replacing that for the money Celtics have to spend?

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2020, 05:44:32 PM »

Online Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
Could be they're negotiating an extension. Also could be he has no interest in being the 4th option and the guy counted on to move the ball since Tatum/Smart/Kemba etc all have to get theirs.

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2020, 05:49:53 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Mark Murphy: Gordon Hayward has not decided on his $34.1 M option yet, and has until 5 p.m. tomorrow to exercise it. The Celtics have myriad options of their own to still consider. League source: “All I can say is that a lot of people want him.”

Interesting.  This conflicts with Keith Smith’s report, which reported the deadline as Thursday.

My guess is that Murohy is wrong here, but I guess we’ll see.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2020, 06:00:27 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Interesting.  This conflicts with Keith Smith’s report, which reported the deadline as Thursday.

My guess is that Murohy is wrong here, but I guess we’ll see.

And, Keith Smith was wrong.  Apologies to the local legend Mark Murphy:

I apologize for confusion on this, but Gordon Hayward's player option deadline is tomorrow, 11/17 at 5:00 PM ET.

There was an IF clause in the language that seemed to trip many of us up.

The Celtics will know on Hayward before the NBA Draft on Wednesday.

Everybody wants to be first.  How about getting it right?  The “Twitter media” is basically fake news, lies, and unsubstantiated rumors at this point.

Re: Hayward Option Deadline 11/17 at 5pm
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2020, 06:14:25 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Well, that's semi-good news that we will at least know before the draft. At least it gives us the option to trade our pick(s) in a potential deal. Not what I am looking for, but at this point I think we would have heard more news about him re-signing with us or, at the very least, the decision to opt in wouldn't be such a difficult one.