Author Topic: CelticsBlog Staff List  (Read 11124 times)

CelticsBlog Staff List
« on: April 02, 2010, 07:25:38 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Some of the recent comments in the forums have made it clear that there's at least some question about what everybody here does.  This post will hopefully clear up some of that confusion, and should be a quick reference guide in case you ever need to contact a member of the staff.  (We used to have something like this on the pre-SBN site, but it got lost in the transition.)  Without further adieu, here's the list:

CelticsBlog CEO -- Jeff Clark. 

Jeff is the founder of the blog, and the head honcho here.  He's the main front page blogger, and he is the ultimate voice of reason that oversees all matters on the blog.

Managing Editor -- Green17

Green17 is in charge of managing the front page, doing everything from recruiting authors to coming up with story ideas to moderating.  He also moderates in the forums and chat room, and is a front page author.

Forums Manager -- Roy Hobbs

Roy is in charge of the forums, and handles all aspects of the forums, including heading up the moderating staff, proposing and implementing rules revisions, and managing the structure of the forums.  He also moderates on the front page and occasionally in the chat room, and is a front page author.

Chat Manager -- CfanMissippi

Cfan is the go-to guy in terms of the chat room.  If there's an issue related to your access to the chat room, please contact him.

Forums ViceRoy -- wdleehi

Wdleehi is Roy's "second in command" related to all forums issues.  He also moderates on the front page.

Global Moderators:

Chris

Donoghus

Drucci

Edgar

Fafnir

Kiorrik

IndeedProceed

Redz

Each of our global moderators is charged with enforcing the rules in the forums, and has the power to edit, move, lock, delete, split, and merge threads and posts as necessary.  They can also discipline members as appropriate.  Additionally, they provide assistance around the blog, answering questions that members may have.  Each of them is fully accessible via private message.  Many of our global moderators also moderate on the front page and in the chat room, and several are also front page authors, as well.

Chat Moderators

thirstyboots

dobbs

Chat moderators help keep things running smoothly in the chat room.  Additionally, they moderate / weigh in on issues related to the forums and front page.

Author / Moderator - Steve Weinman

Steve is one of Celticsblog's authors, who is currently on sabbatical from feature writing as he writes for his own blog, D-League Digest.  Steve is also a global moderator in the forums, and also moderates on the front page.

Authors

FLCeltsFan

Greg Payne

Jimmy Toscano

Master Po

tenaciousT

Bent

Our feature authors handle the majority of the writing for the Celticsblog front page (along with Jeff).  They provide feature stories, game previews and recaps, and breaking news.  Except as otherwise noted, they're not members of the moderating staff, although Po can occasionally be found in the chat room making his presence felt.

Hall of Fame Editor -- nickagneta + Bahku

Nick was the member who initiated the idea for a Celticsblog "Hall of Fame", and he's in charge of its implementation.  Nick has editing powers in the Hall of Fame forum, but otherwise is a "regular" member.  He does not have moderating duties.  Bahku is the newest member of the CelticsBlog staff's family, and brings his passion to the Hall of Fame forum.

Others members may have custom titles, as awarded by the staff.  Generally, these are honoree titles, and do not imply that a member is an active member of the staff.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:55:10 AM by Jeff »

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Re: CelticsBlog Staff List
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 07:46:16 PM »

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
But where do people go for Wisdom?

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 07:48:10 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 07:52:52 PM »

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
Universal Wisdom Moderator ....(not Global but Universal but POwerless) ...that and $4 will get you a Starbucks

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 07:55:23 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Universal Wisdom Moderator ....(not Global but Universal but POwerless) ...that and $4 will get you a Starbucks

But limitless POtential.

If only you buy into the POgram.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 08:28:02 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
But where do people go for Wisdom?

I think you can put 'wisdom dispenser' under nick's job description.  You heard it here first.

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 10:20:40 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

In case any of you may have noticed, Redz has dropped the "Global Moderator" title; he's stepping down from the staff for personal reasons, to spend time on other pursuits. 

He wants to make this as under-stated as possible - he's never been one to draw attention to himself - so he asked me to post this on his behalf.  It's my understanding that he'll still be around the blog, but in a reduced role.

In honor of the service Redz has given us over the years, we've granted him an honorary title ("CB's Evil Clown), and in the Celtics tradition, we've also decided to retire his proverbial number (i.e., noted that he is "In the Rafters").

I'd ask you to all join me in wishing Redz well in his "retirement", but I get the impression he'd prefer you all to ignore this, and just treat him like a regular guy. ;)

I'll keep you all posted on whether there will be a name change back to redzdeadbabyredzdead.  8)

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 10:23:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 11:55:18 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Redz, I hope this is temp. thing...and I also hope that you continue to be a presence in PAPOUG....it won't be the same with you there.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:35:46 AM by barefacedmonk »
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 12:01:44 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Redz, I hope this is temp. thing...and I also hope that you continue to be a presence in PAPOUG....it won't be the same with you there.

I'm not going anywhere!  Just easing up on my responsibilities (the PAPOUG is not Mod business, just something I enjoy doing, so no worries there)

Here's an official type statement I worked up.  The staff thought it was best that we acknowledge the change in my status.  I'd rather keep it low key, but I understand reasoning for transparency.

After much consideration I have decided to step down from my role as Forums Moderator on Celtics Blog.  I am a few months away from finishing Graduate School, and will begin student teaching in the fall.  After that I hope to have a full time job teaching.  In short, I'm trying to ween myself from CB a bit  :D .

It has been a great experience working with my fellow mods.  I'm sure I'll be around the forums more than the average bear still, but it will be a lot less than I've become accustomed to.

So...ummm...GO CELTS!
Yup

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 12:22:37 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Simply....one of the best!!

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 12:55:37 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Trying my best to keep it low-key:

I was hoping they had a cover of "Tears Of A Clown" but alas, they don't. As long as your still around I won't get too upset ... need my daily, (or at least weekly) fix of Redz whit. All the best, Bud! ;)

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 01:17:13 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 01:12:18 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Well, do what you must, Redz. I certainly know how the school stuff goes.

Thank God you'll still be around. Not leaving us for good or anything.

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 01:58:40 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I, too, hope to see you around a lot. Whether you're a mod or a regular poster doesn't mean much to me. You've always treated people here with respect and you are one of the reasons I became hooked on CelticsBlog. I know people always say that kind of stuff but what can I do? It's the truth.

All hail the (not so) Evil Clown!  :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:04:32 AM by ACF »

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 06:23:39 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
the thing I love about Redz is I never thought of him as a mod, just a great contributor to the blog who took care of things behind the scenes
When you love life, life loves you right back