Author Topic: 2019-2020 STM Renewals  (Read 8214 times)

2019-2020 STM Renewals
« on: February 15, 2019, 08:54:41 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Spoke with my rep briefly. Sounds like they are expecting limited upgrade options this year and they also confirmed a price increase although it hasn't been announced by how much.

I am going to renew but my interest in this team is dwindling rapidly. I don't think i'll survive another rebuild and I honestly don't think a price increase is warranted after 4 straight years .

I expect Kyrie to move on and for us to miss out on free agents, this year has been a disappointment so far (based on expectation), I just dont see how a price increase is warranted.

I think we'll see a lot of one and done STM's this year. People who went in with intention of making a quick buck. I think the entry price is too high for new STM's and resale has been too hard.

What are others thinking? 

Re: 2019-2020 STM Renewals
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 10:25:15 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Well, I think the rebuild is over.

Even if Kyrie jets, I think Ainge is just going to try to reload rather than rebuild.

We've moved up from rebuild to competitive mode. Now we just need to get to championship mode.

But that sucks that prices are going up and I am not sure why they would be. It's not like the team has accomplished anything to  warrant a ST price increase (no, that's not meant as a slight to the team.)

Ultimately, it's about balancing your love for the team vs. whether your money could be better spent.

I noticed the Red Sox increased their ticket prices but at least they won the World Series last season.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 10:44:04 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Sigh, it's that time again. I've got a call in to my rep. 50/50 shot she calls back. I am renewing. I'm actually feeling pretty good about them for next year, but agree with you that if Kyrie walks and AD doesn't come, you could see a lot of STMs fleeing.

I know that a few people PMed me about buying tickets for the sake of the resale market and I discouraged them. I think a lot of people are finding out why. Outside of the big games, I've felt like it's been a bit tougher to sell this year as the season went on. Also, I don't think that a lot of the new people realized that STMs who have been around for a while are getting much better prices for the same, or better, tickets than the newbies. Makes it harder for them to sell. There's clearly not as much excitement as last year, and expectations coming in were way too high. It's certainly not as much fun as it was last year.

Having said that, I don't think it matters whether a price increase is warranted. They're going to raise the prices for the exact same reason that they always do: because they can. They have a long wait list and "limited upgrade options" means that most of the people who are current STMs will be renewing. Not to mention that somebody has to pay for those new seats.

If the team isn't good, the wait list will dissolve, but my impression is that it is very, very long. They're not too worried.

Mike

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 02:54:47 PM »

Offline kmannhl1

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I'm dropping mine.........due to the price increase and weak re-sale market..........along with the fact that they could potentially be a very average team next year  :-\

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 03:38:56 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
Is today supposed to be "re-pricing" day?

Mike

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 03:43:04 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Is today supposed to be "re-pricing" day?

Mike

Interested in this also!

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 01:44:51 PM »

Offline felttherush

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Spoke with my rep briefly. Sounds like they are expecting limited upgrade options this year and they also confirmed a price increase although it hasn't been announced by how much.

I am going to renew but my interest in this team is dwindling rapidly. I don't think i'll survive another rebuild and I honestly don't think a price increase is warranted after 4 straight years .

I expect Kyrie to move on and for us to miss out on free agents, this year has been a disappointment so far (based on expectation), I just dont see how a price increase is warranted.

I think we'll see a lot of one and done STM's this year. People who went in with intention of making a quick buck. I think the entry price is too high for new STM's and resale has been too hard.

What are others thinking?

I got hit with a price increase and a 3 row bump. Anyone else in this situation?

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 01:55:21 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
About a 5% increase per ticket for mine.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 02:04:07 PM »

Offline felttherush

• Jaden Springer
Did you keep your seats?

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 02:04:58 PM »

Offline felttherush

• Jaden Springer

Did you keep your seats?

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 02:08:34 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Did you keep your seats?

Yeah, next season will be my 13th season.  My dad & friends take the majority of the games now since I live in Chicago but, even in the lean years, I've never had much problem in getting rid of them.   Whenever I get back, I go.  Been known less than a day trips back to Boston just to catch a game.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 02:17:01 PM »

Offline felttherush

• Jaden Springer

Did you keep your seats?

Yeah, next season will be my 13th season.  My dad & friends take the majority of the games now since I live in Chicago but, even in the lean years, I've never had much problem in getting rid of them.   Whenever I get back, I go.  Been known less than a day trips back to Boston just to catch a game.

I was moved three rows back, so I was curious if you had the same seat location for next season.

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 03:12:43 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
4% increase and moved from front row to second row. I'm going to flip out on my rep, who has been terrible about calling me back.

Mike

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 03:41:28 PM »

Offline felttherush

• Jaden Springer
4% increase and moved from front row to second row. I'm going to flip out on my rep, who has been terrible about calling me back.

Mike

That sucks. 2nd row to 5th row here...I don't get what the deal with this renovation is. Are they cutting the number of seats?

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 03:56:32 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

Mike

That sucks. 2nd row to 5th row here...I don't get what the deal with this renovation is. Are they cutting the number of seats?

TP for your pain. ;)

Here's what little I found out. Note that I'm in section 9, so not everything I say will be applicable.

10% of STMs were affected. They did manage to keep the same number of seats, but because of construction, things got moved around. For instance, they're building a tunnel next to my section. STMs who got moved got prioritized by their tenure. Sadly, the people next to me who got the front row must have had more tenure than I do.

Mike