Author Topic: Anyone notice the warriors aren’t the same this year?  (Read 3232 times)

Anyone notice the warriors aren’t the same this year?
« on: January 04, 2019, 02:30:31 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
25-14 record (Celtics are 22-15)

James Harden just went into Oracle Arena with Austin Rivers as his second best ball handler and beat a healthy Warriors team.

Re: Anyone notice the warriors aren’t the same this year?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 03:52:00 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Took awhile for Houston to get going.. Heck at one point they were outside looking into the PO.. They have righted the ship and seems to be heading to their top 4 seed place in the West.

Warriors will still be a tough out come playoff time. But they are definitely vulnerable.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 03:54:27 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
They're more flawed this year than ever. Not to mention they have been the focus of the league for a few years now
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 05:28:23 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I wonder what injury to an opposing star will pave their way to the title this time...
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 05:31:43 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
They will get Boogie soon.  Smh.  If healthy, they will still dominate the playoffs.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 05:54:07 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I wonder what injury to an opposing star will pave their way to the title this time...
Hey, no Zaza!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 06:18:39 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
year 5.  they are just disinterested, taking time off, and a bit banged up.  They still show flashes of what they are capable of when they are fully engaged.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 06:28:26 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We have the same problem without the titles....

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 07:26:23 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Eh. They’re sleep-walking through the season, while just about every team in the league treats playing the Warriors like a playoff game.

There are concerns — notably Draymond Green’s uninspired play — but they’ll be fine.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 08:14:06 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
There's nothing left to motivate them during the regular season.  Quite frankly, The Warriors struggled to find motivation during the Western Conference Finals against Houston.  Houston basically played 7 players throughout that series.  An engaged Warriors team wouldn't have allowed the WCF to go more than 6 games at most. 

This is the exact reason most of us hated the Durant move.  I wasn't a fan of LeBron's decision to go to Miami, but at least those teams needed to bring effort in order to win.  The 2017-18 Warriors were able to win a championship by rolling out of bed.

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 10:18:49 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
They're coasting.  Biding time before the playoffs.  That's what happens when you've been dominant for that long.  Some boredom there.

Record shouldn't be concerning.  They're still the team to beat.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 10:50:01 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
They're coasting.  Biding time before the playoffs.  That's what happens when you've been dominant for that long.  Some boredom there.

Record shouldn't be concerning.  They're still the team to beat.

Agreed.  I don't see a team beating them in the Western Conference.  The Rockets formula almost worked for one season, but I can't picture them getting over the hump with a diminished supporting cast and ageing CP3. 

There no way that a Westbrook and George combo can get the job done.  Denver doesn't have the firepower or defensive versatility to put up a real fight.

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2019, 10:57:37 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
There are issues that people are dismissing as them being bored.

1. Draymond just can't shoot (41.2 from the field and 23.7 from 3's) and teams are just daring him to.  This allows his defender to sag off him and act as a free safety. Green was very effective because his shot was at least decent and he could be a playmaking 4 from the top of the key. However, his shooting has continued to get worse and this year it's sunk to new lows.

2. Durant is likely gone after this season and teammates know it. This has caused issues with Green and the togetherness the entire team used to play with is gone.

3. Age and/or mileage are catching up. The Warriors' core has been playing really long seasons and are trying to reach their 5th straight Finals. Durant's 30, Curry is turning 31 in a couple of months, and Iguodala (a huge piece of their team) will be 35 this month. Again, the amount of games could be catching up.

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2019, 11:07:22 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

1. Draymond just can't shoot (41.2 from the field and 23.7 from 3's) and teams are just daring him to.  This allows his defender to sag off him and act as a free safety. Green was very effective because his shot was at least decent and he could be a playmaking 4 from the top of the key. However, his shooting has continued to get worse and this year it's sunk to new lows.

2. Durant is likely gone after this season and teammates know it. This has caused issues with Green and the togetherness the entire team used to play with is gone.

3. Age and/or mileage are catching up. The Warriors' core has been playing really long seasons and are trying to reach their 5th straight Finals. Durant's 30, Curry is turning 31 in a couple of months, and Iguodala (a huge piece of their team) will be 35 this month. Again, the amount of games could be catching up.

Not true, his statement pretty much said that he's looking to get a fat paycheck. Warriors can offer that, also the age/mileage might be true, but it's also because their lack of depth/bench is worrisome. Iggy huge piece of their team is 35, and looks like he just turned 40.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2019, 11:10:19 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton

There's no doubt that this is the weakest Warriors squad since Durant joined the team.  My only concern is that the competition isn't strong enough to beat them in a 7 game series, at least not in the Western Conference.  Houston shares many of the same concerns regarding mileage.  The rest of the field doesn't have the firepower to beat them IMO.  I hope a team like Denver can emerge but I just don't see it. 

I still believe the Celtics have the best chance IF they can reach their full potential.  The Raptors have a punchers chance as well.  Their depth and versatility would be extremely frustrating for a Warriors squad that has lot the motivation to be great.  Kawhi has also shown the ability to be the best player on the court whenever he plays Golden State.  If only Kawhi and the Spurs had worked things out..............