Author Topic: Kyrie Apologizes  (Read 4294 times)

Re: Kyrie Apologizes
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2019, 10:40:12 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I think the apology is fine but more than anything, I think kyrie is doing way too much talking about being a leader (and such).  Just play and let your game do the talking.

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2019, 10:40:32 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
lol just keep quiet and play. Why is that so difficult. You are just not as competent in dealing with the media as you think you are. Its okay... you cannot be everything. You are a great basketball player. That does not propel to greatness at other things. Other areas of life need the same time you put into basketball to become great. You just do not roll out of bed and become media savvy. Its okay.
Was waiting for someone to find fault with this. Makes no sense, but I still knew it was coming
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2019, 11:00:39 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
It's actually a really interesting read (although I don't think he has much to apologize for), but it gives credence to those who said things changed with him once his name got caught up in the Anthony Davis trade drama and he was bothered by it.

“And I had to get off of Instagram, I had to get off of Facebook, I had to get off of Twitter. I had to get off of those things to disconnect myself to focus on me, rather than getting information and validation from everyone else. So, once that started to progress, then I had a lot to fight back about. I was just sick of it after a while. I’m a human being who happens to be a hooper. This is the responsibility that I have. I’m done complaining about it. I have feelings about it, but I’m not going keep badgering the media, keep badgering other people, keep badgering this or that. It’s about moving forward and keeping my sanctuary as safe as possible. As long as I go out there and handle my business, I don’t have anything else to worry about."

so you are badgering the media by saying you are not going to keep badgering the media.

.....what?

CStrong mods need to come through with the ignore/mute option.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2019, 11:01:16 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
lol just keep quiet and play. Why is that so difficult. You are just not as competent in dealing with the media as you think you are. Its okay... you cannot be everything. You are a great basketball player. That does not propel to greatness at other things. Other areas of life need the same time you put into basketball to become great. You just do not roll out of bed and become media savvy. Its okay.
Was waiting for someone to find fault with this. Makes no sense, but I still knew it was coming

I think @Ogaju owes Kyrie an apology

:P  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2019, 11:09:35 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I think @Ogaju owes Kyrie an apology

:P  :laugh:

lol

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2019, 11:11:06 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
It's actually a really interesting read (although I don't think he has much to apologize for), but it gives credence to those who said things changed with him once his name got caught up in the Anthony Davis trade drama and he was bothered by it.

“And I had to get off of Instagram, I had to get off of Facebook, I had to get off of Twitter. I had to get off of those things to disconnect myself to focus on me, rather than getting information and validation from everyone else. So, once that started to progress, then I had a lot to fight back about. I was just sick of it after a while. I’m a human being who happens to be a hooper. This is the responsibility that I have. I’m done complaining about it. I have feelings about it, but I’m not going keep badgering the media, keep badgering other people, keep badgering this or that. It’s about moving forward and keeping my sanctuary as safe as possible. As long as I go out there and handle my business, I don’t have anything else to worry about."

so you are badgering the media by saying you are not going to keep badgering the media.

.....what?

no they do not. You can simply ignore whoever you want to ignore. Really isnt that hard.

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2019, 11:11:15 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

Gouk, are you in love with this guy ?  Anyone utters any slight criticism of Kyrie Irving and you are there, passionately and constantly defending the guy. As much as you accuse some of us for always being negative, you are obsessed with propping him up.

This latest declaration of apology by Irving is kinda good, I hope, maybe. It's just that he is so focused on himself, his feelings, his game, his "sanctuary" (whatever the hell that is). I do like the way he played this 1st quarter tonite vs Clippers - he is hustling on defense and moving the ball with the pass on offense. He sticks with this and quits talking about his feelings every single day, I might even become a fan.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2019, 11:14:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

of course you were, with you Kyrie does no wrong.

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2019, 11:21:30 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

.....what?

no they do not. You can simply ignore whoever you want to ignore. Really isnt that hard.

Other boards have it to great success. Maybe one day they'll introduce it, maybe they won't. Until then, I guess I'll take your advice and ignore/report trolls (posters who focus more on antagonizing than furthering the conversation). With that said, have a good evening.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2019, 12:09:34 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Kudos to Kyrie.

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2019, 12:24:36 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Mods already wield a heavy hand on this board and are not always consistent. Certain opinion themes will feel pressure to moderate their views or face suspension. We don't need additional tools here to push down unpopular opinions.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2019, 12:30:09 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Mods already wield a heavy hand on this board and are not always consistent. Certain opinion themes will feel pressure to moderate their views or face suspension. We don't need additional tools here to push down unpopular opinions.

How would a mute/ignore option cause someone to moderate their views? A block list would be at the user's discretion. If you so choose, you could add me to your ignore list and you simply wouldn't see my posts. Mods have no reason to get involved, it may even make their lives easier.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2019, 12:50:37 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
He should apologize one more time for the absolute stinker he threw up tonight.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2019, 01:02:41 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Kyrie was one of our few bright spots tonight. Not sure what you're referring to.

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2019, 01:14:26 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Kyrie was one of our few bright spots tonight. Not sure what you're referring to.
I haven't seen the box score tonight, but my impression was that he forced the issue a bit too much (threw up some highly contested bricks), was sporadic in making good passes and was meh on defense. I'm not saying that it was a terrible performance for a normal player, but for a superstar like him who just talked about being a leader, it was pretty bad.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA