Poll

Who plays more minutes

Crowder
7 (15.2%)
Morris
39 (84.8%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Poll: Who plays more minutes at the 4 Crowder or Morris  (Read 4173 times)

Re: Poll: Who plays more minutes at the 4 Crowder or Morris
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2017, 03:10:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
There is no 4. There are Bigs-Wings-Ball Handlers. Crowder and Morris are wings although Morris can also be a Big in the right lineup.

It looks like it will take Celticsblog a long time to stop fitting people into the traditional 1-5 which is dying around the NBA. Welcome to 2017
Yes, they have been "dying" since the mid-90s when half of Celticsblog wasn't even born yet. Welcome to the real world :D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2017, 03:22:53 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I have this gut feeling that Theis is going to make a strong case for heavy rotation minutes.

Perhaps ya'll are right in saying "ero-scrub" but dudes got a motor and some skills coach appreciates.

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 10:57:36 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
The issue is that you can never tell how a guy's game will translate from college or Europe to the NBA. There are things about Theis that look useful, but there have been plenty of players who everyone thought would be great that never worked out. Likewise, there are guys that most thought had no shot that made it, like IT. The odds are that Theis will be a back of the bench guy, if we are lucky maybe more.

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2017, 11:07:45 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
There is no 4. There are Bigs-Wings-Ball Handlers. Crowder and Morris are wings although Morris can also be a Big in the right lineup.

It looks like it will take Celticsblog a long time to stop fitting people into the traditional 1-5 which is dying around the NBA. Welcome to 2017

Brad's philosophy on this is cute but it's not 💯% true.

We drafted Yabu to be the ideal Stretch PF. We signed Baynes to play Center.

You should know that If Crowder is our starting PF that's not a great idea, you at the very least have to have more size as an option

I understand your point, but I think the old 1-5 designations mean much less than they used to. The game has changed, some bigs are bigger than others, but few really play like an old school center. Most big men today play like a power forward. I agree size matters, but that doesn't mean that Brad's vision of ball handlers, wings and bigs is invalid.

« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2017, 12:16:27 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Brad's philosophy on this is cute but it's not 💯% true.

We drafted Yabu to be the ideal Stretch PF. We signed Baynes to play Center.

You should know that If Crowder is our starting PF that's not a great idea, you at the very least have to have more size as an option

Actually no. The reason why Stevens classifies them as such is because of their role on offense. Horford at the 4 and Amir at the 5, rather than think of it that way you can think of it as a 2-Big lineup. Horford at the 5 and Jerebko at the 4, its a Big and and a Swing.

On defense its different, they switch a lot and their primary assignment depends on matchups.

« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2017, 12:46:00 AM »

Offline CelticSince83

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

You should explain this to Al Horford.  He seems to disagree.  I guess when 50 different basketball outlets rank the top 10 point guards for the 17-18 season, they will just indicate that point guard is obsolete.  Draft Express should probably just shut down their website since clearly they are oblivious to this change as well.