Author Topic: I'm still shook for semi-predicting the Hayward injury.  (Read 543 times)

I'm still shook for semi-predicting the Hayward injury.
« on: June 26, 2018, 08:17:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I have a confession.  I saw Hayward's injury in a vision.

Back in August when we traded Isaiah Thomas in large part due to his injury, I felt like the bad karma had potentially jinxed us.  Everyone was talking about how it was a great trade, because there was no telling if Thomas would ever get back to 100% - which I also felt was jinxing our players.

And in-fact, in August (likely fueled by all the Thomas talk), I had a very vivid dream that one of our star players was going to have a catastrophic season-ending injury on opening night. I initially thought it was going to be Kyrie Irving as some sick cruel joke by the basketball gods.  Maybe Tatum, because we traded the Fultz pick to get him.

I talk to KG Living Legend daily on Facebook and my "star player injured opening night" dream was vivid enough that I brought it up with him several times in private conversation.

- August 23rd, 2017:  "What would make you more angry opening night... Kyrie season ending injury or Tatum season ending injury"

- September 8th, 2017 in a Reddit post about Thomas injury where everyone was breathing a sigh of relief about the "bullet we dodged" by trading him, I felt like were jinxing our guys so hard that I felt compelled to share my nightmare with the world:  "I'd hate it but it would kind of hilarious if Thomas were healthy on opening night against us in spite of all this hysteria ... and then kyrie ends up having a season ending injury in that game."

- September 10th, 2017 to KG Living Legend:  "Nightmare scenario - Thomas plays against us on opening night... kyrie gets a microfracture trying to defend a Thomas layup."

- October 12th, 2017 I had another freaky "opening night season ending injury" dream, and I woke up suddenly thinking about Grant Hill.  I had the dark realization... maybe it wasn't Kyrie getting injured in my nightmares - it was Gordon Hayward.  I shared with KG Living Legend my thoughts:  "Man... has there ever been a more devastating free agent signing than Grant Hill to the Magic?  Dude was way better than Gordon Hayward... plays 4 games his first year in Orlando, then 14, then 29, then 0.  How bummed would you be if that was how many games Hayward played here?"

One week later, opening night came.  Just like I had been dreading for months, my vision of Hayward getting injured came true.  I hate that he missed a whole season.  I hate even more than I somehow had visions of him missing a whole season before the injury even happened.  Both Kyrie and Hayward ended up missing the playoffs, which might explain why my initial dream didn't make it clear which one would get injured.  This can't be a coincidence.  I'm hopeful both stars will be back to 100% with no minutes restrictions when the season starts.  To avoid any more bad omen dreams, I'll do my best to avoid sleeping until we win another title.

Anyways, my 60 day Celticsblog "unretirement" is basically over.  Let's pretend this didn't happen - like Erving "Buff" Johnson in 96 or Wizards-era Jordan.  Here's hoping the rest of the Celts offseason goes great, we stay healthy all the way to banner 18, our upcoming picks land us more stars, we re-sign everyone relevant, and we go on to have a multi decade dynasty.  Farewell, Celticsblog. 

« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 08:31:38 PM by LarBrd33 »

Re: I'm still shook for semi-predicting the Hayward injury.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 08:50:10 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
To avoid any more bad omen dreams, I'll do my best to avoid sleeping until we win another title.

No, you need to keep sleeping and if you have any more dream visions you need to communicate them. You'll probably be a Cassandra, but it's your duty as a precog, regardless.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.