Author Topic: Horford held this team back  (Read 2412 times)

Re: Horford held this team back
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2020, 10:59:02 PM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214
Well done everyone for NOT saying what they are thinking about the quality of this post.

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2020, 11:11:35 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
This is such disrespectful nonsense.  It's also exhibit 'A' as to why Boston sports fans have such a bad rep.

This.

Kyrie was holding-us-back-mvp last year. Hell, the case has been made for Gordon too. Oh and Terry Rozier was openly playing for stats. Not to mention Morris probably didn’t help much with morale either haha. Al has been praised by Tatum and others as the rock of last year’s team.

Al is playing either out of position or off the bench For Philly. He’s not the player he was last year just by default. He played great for what our team was and made an impact on this franchise that isn’t even nearly done being felt.
fine. please show your work. show us the stats or articles or analyses that prove this point. without those, what you state is little more than conjecture.

thank you.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2020, 11:59:48 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I don’t completely disagree, though not trying to kill Al.  But the fact is Al was a centerpiece of the offense during his tenure.  As such, the wings couldn’t really sprout their wings as much as they can now.  Without Al the celts are able to play much more freely.

But the biggest difference between last year and this is replacing Kyrie with Kemba.

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2020, 12:19:34 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I thought Al played pretty well tonight.  He needs to play alongside a creator to thrive though, which Philly is lacking.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2020, 03:43:38 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
Always liked the professionalship of Horford. Sure in playing and training with him, Jays learned a lot about NBA and took gain some maturity. He was also the main piece in Atlanta and Boston of the second best team in the east, only behind LeBron, during almost a decade.

I must say I was dispapointed when he leaved, especially to Philly, but if they propose me 100 M dollars I would probably think twice. I still hope GH take a discount, but it's probably only because of his injurie prone, because none team will give him the Horford contract, not by fidelity or feeling that he didn't produce for the price we payed him. We live in a capitalist world.

Whatever his signing to 76ers is the last gift he made to us... Now they are locked with this team, with a declining high salary Horford. I really think they can't rid of his contract (or they have to give Embid or Simmons and their asking price would be lower for the star they sold), they have 0 flex for years to come. Thanks big Al for everything you did for us, and at least destroying the process !  :angel:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 05:23:51 AM by Rikibellevie »

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2020, 04:13:58 AM »

Offline Scottiej23

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 214
Always liked the professionalship of Horford. Sure in playing and training with him, Jays learned a lot about NBA and took gain some maturity. He was also the main piece in Atlanta and Boston of the second best team in the east, only behind LeBron, during almost a decade.

I must say I was dispapointed when he leaved, especially to Philly, but if they propose me 100 M dollars I would probably think twice. I still hope GH take a discount, but it's probably only because of his injurie prone, because none team will give him the Horford contract, not by fidelity or feeling that he didn't produce for the price we payed him. We live in a capitalist world.

Whatever his signing to 76ers is the last gift he made to us... Now they are locked with this team, with a declining high salary Horford. I really think they can't rid of his contract (or they have to give Embid or Simmons and their asking price would be lower for the star they sold), they have 0 flex for years to come. Thanks great Al for everything you did for us !  :angel:

Well said, TP.

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2020, 04:17:05 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
We dodged a bullet last summer.
Thank you  ::)
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2020, 06:43:40 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Erm... not sure about this. Reeks of bitterness. Al definitely raised our ceiling in numerous seasons.

He's old, but he never held us back

No kidding. Is there any way to donate my post signature to him?
I'm bitter.

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2020, 07:13:37 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
With this season and tonight as more evidence I feel very good saying he wasn't worth more than the MLE.

Good bye Al