Author Topic: NFL 2020 Season  (Read 68721 times)

Re: Football is back!!!
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2020, 11:10:07 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
How do you mess up such an easy pass?
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2020, 11:14:06 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
Great drive by Newton and Edelman. Might be too late though.

« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2020, 11:20:37 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
NE defense has been disappointing today. And the offense looked pretty bad on that last drive.

Terrible playcalling by McD on a crucial drive, especially knowing our defense can’t stop anything right now.

I really don’t understand how a coaching staff as great as the Pats can’t draft offensive weapons to save their lives... I’d love to be a fly on the wall in these war rooms.

Good question. Harry continues to look like a wasted pick. Still no running game outside Newton. And McD still makes silly play calls.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2020, 11:28:07 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
This is it. Lets see if Cam can will us to victory.

« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2020, 11:31:08 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Bad playcall. Thanks for nothing, McDaniels.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2020, 11:31:11 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
What a shame - SEA didn't deserve it after that horrible 3rd and 1 play. Just ran out of time. Tough time to be a Boston fan right now w/ all of these heartbreaking losses.

« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2020, 11:32:44 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
Close, but no cigar. Wilson torched our secondary, and we couldn't respond.

« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2020, 11:35:40 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Crap loss but a lot of encouraging signs from the pats from a competitive stand point...think I like them and there chances

« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2020, 11:36:15 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Stuffed at the goal line. Knew that was coming. Punching it in like that at the end is much harder than it looks.

« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2020, 11:45:21 PM »

• Satch Sanders
McDaniels is just plain terrible at playcalling in the red zone.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2020, 11:47:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Tough loss, but I'm really encouraged. For one, Cam looked awesome! And lets be brutally honest, a lot of the throws and scrambles Cam was making, no way Brady could do that right now. And I liked that Cam spread the ball around and I guess Byrd could be a real factor going forward (had 6 catches for 72 yards tonight). Again, Brady would probably force a bunch of throws to Edelman even if he was doubled or something. For some reason Brady last season didn't seem to try connecting with Harry, Meyers, etc. and only focused on Edelman, Dorsett, etc.

I do agree with other posts though. This defense is solid. They aren't elite. Lets just get that out of the way. Part of it is a lot of guys leaving in FA or opting-out due to COVID. They can win us some games against easier opponents but against great opponents like Seattle, the recipe is to try and be decent and make clutch stops (which they actually did late), and hope the offense can carry us. Didn't work tonight, but it almost did.

And btw, people might be forgetting but the Seahawks and Russell Wilson are LEGIT. They are a SB contender and a true threat to be a Top-2 seed in the NFC. Yeah there's no fans but still, to almost beat them on the road is encouraging. The Pats have a tough schedule this season but I think they might do better than the "5-11, 6-10" predictions people may have been making before.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2020, 11:56:23 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Tough loss, but I'm really encouraged. For one, Cam looked awesome! And lets be brutally honest, a lot of the throws and scrambles Cam was making, no way Brady could do that right now. And I liked that Cam spread the ball around and I guess Byrd could be a real factor going forward (had 6 catches for 72 yards tonight). Again, Brady would probably force a bunch of throws to Edelman even if he was doubled or something. For some reason Brady last season didn't seem to try connecting with Harry, Meyers, etc. and only focused on Edelman, Dorsett, etc.

I do agree with other posts though. This defense is solid. They aren't elite. Lets just get that out of the way. Part of it is a lot of guys leaving in FA or opting-out due to COVID. They can win us some games against easier opponents but against great opponents like Seattle, the recipe is to try and be decent and make clutch stops (which they actually did late), and hope the offense can carry us. Didn't work tonight, but it almost did.

And btw, people might be forgetting but the Seahawks and Russell Wilson are LEGIT. They are a SB contender and a true threat to be a Top-2 seed in the NFC. Yeah there's no fans but still, to almost beat them on the road is encouraging. The Pats have a tough schedule this season but I think they might do better than the "5-11, 6-10" predictions people may have been making before.

Yeah...it’s encouraging to be 1 play away from beating what could be a true contender and 9/10 times cam  would probably score on that last play...good play by them.

« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2020, 11:57:12 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Wilson is legit, and he has some great weapons. But the D just seemed really bad. Gave up too many  plays that had a low chance of succeeding.

Newton, though, did look pretty good. And it's great to have a QB who can actually run.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2020, 11:57:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Thought they should have gone with the play Cam threw the TD on earlier where they fake the run and flare out the FB or TE. I think it would have worked better than the same play they have made with Cam going left on several occasions in this season.

For some levity, thought it funny when they showed Steve Belichick early in the game and Al and Chris were talking him up as a great coach. He is the outside linebackers coach for the Pats. He is such a great coach the team decided to go with a 5-1-5 defense.....with no outside linebackers.😂

« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2020, 12:02:25 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
The defense I saw tonight looked like absolute hot garbage.

But I liked Cam Newton tonight. He was exciting. That final drive? Felt eerily similar to a Tom Brady drive. But I just hated that last play. What if he passed it to a receiver? This team looked competitive, against maybe the best team in the NFC.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)