Author Topic: Durant and LeBron should just join forces.  (Read 793 times)

Durant and LeBron should just join forces.
« on: June 08, 2016, 12:11:42 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
With the Warriors breaking the all-time record, throwing their hat in the ring as the "best team ever", and seemingly steamrolling their way to another championship, Durant and LeBron should just join forces to make things interesting.  I'd welcome both unrestricted free agents this Summer in Boston, but something tells me such a ridiculous pairing would need to happen in Cleveland.

Cavs can just find some team willing to absorb Love + Shumpert's combined 30 mil in salary (I wouldn't mind being the team) and then have enough money to offer Durant the max. 

Neither can beat the Warriors by themselves.  Might as well go for broke. 

Re: Durant and LeBron should just join forc
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 12:24:02 AM »

Offline meangreenmachine

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
Durant has an opportunity to join an elite club by winning a championship on his own in the next 3-5 years: best active player in the NBA. The list is short:

1980s: Depending on the year, Bird or Johnson followed by Jordan at the end
1990s: Jordan then Shaq (and probably Shaq during Jordan's first retirement)
2000s: Shaq then Bryant then James
2010s: James followed by...?

If he joins forces with James, he will never achieve that legacy. He would relegate himself to the role of the next Scottie Pippen. Not a bad legacy, of course, but he could potentially achieve so much more...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 12:31:43 AM by meangreenmachine »

Re: Durant and LeBron should just join forces.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 12:48:19 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
LeBron is Kareem if KD joins Cavs.

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 01:10:28 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
I don't think Durant is like that. I fully expect him to either stay in OKC or go to a place, like Boston, where he would be the clear-cut number one guy.

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 03:13:25 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I suggested the same thing LB. They should just do it in Boston if they want to win. I wonder if James was on Durant's so called list lol.

Only problem is Lebron is such a loyal guy that would never leave his hometown just to chase a ring. Oh wait...

Can you even imagine the uproar if he bailed on "the Land" again for greener pastures. Oh the humanity. What great entertainment it would be.