Author Topic: Who else still wants Kevin Love?  (Read 17035 times)

Who else still wants Kevin Love?
« on: June 06, 2016, 12:48:09 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
My opinion of Kevin Love is the same as my opinion of him when he first started playing in Cleveland.  He was never a good fit there.  There's been articles about it for two years.  Kyrie and LeBron need the ball and Love isn't effective when he's just spotting up for threes.  Those three players can't all occupy the same space.

Assuming the Cavs are knocked off quickly, Love is all but gone, right?  He's the one "star" level player that I could totally see being moved for a reasonable price.  I'm still in favor of it.  He's not a great defender, but he would be a great fit as a primary offensive option in Brad's system.   I get that a lot of folks will just look at the last two seasons out of context and say he's trash, but it's pretty clear he's still a dangerous offensive player in the right system. 

What would you be willing to give up?  What do you think the Cavs would want?  Back in February it was suggested that Avery Bradley would be an ideal fit on that team and could be a key part of a Kevin Love deal.  Thoughts?

Re: Who else still wants Kevin Love?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 12:54:42 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If Cleveland was honest with themselves, they'd understand that Kyrie Irving is the bad fit.  Finding a third wheel that works is a lot easier when your two wheels are Lebron/Love instead of Lebron/Irving.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 12:58:33 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Weird thing is in first half Love was indeed the offensive mismatch on most positions. He and LeBron dominated their one on one touches. I think Irving is out for CP3 and Love stays. Also Smith was horrible on defense all game really cost them like 12 pts all by himself. Very bad game by Smith. Overall talk about role players not traveling Cavs are a poster boys for that.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 01:16:00 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
My opinion of Kevin Love is the same as my opinion of him when he first started playing in Cleveland.  He was never a good fit there.  There's been articles about it for two years.  Kyrie and LeBron need the ball and Love isn't effective when he's just spotting up for threes.  Those three players can't all occupy the same space.

Assuming the Cavs are knocked off quickly, Love is all but gone, right?  He's the one "star" level player that I could totally see being moved for a reasonable price.  I'm still in favor of it.  He's not a great defender, but he would be a great fit as a primary offensive option in Brad's system.   I get that a lot of folks will just look at the last two seasons out of context and say he's trash, but it's pretty clear he's still a dangerous offensive player in the right system. 

What would you be willing to give up?  What do you think the Cavs would want?  Back in February it was suggested that Avery Bradley would be an ideal fit on that team and could be a key part of a Kevin Love deal.  Thoughts?

Completely agree, IMO massive lack of foresight in trading away Wiggins for Love, the fit has never been right with Love and Lebron wanting the same shooting spots and I still think it all revolves around Lebron not wanting to play the 4 just like PG13.

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 01:27:27 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Good question. What's so funny is that I would believe in the Cavs' chances a hell of a lot more against the Warriors if they had players who could both guard and shoot from the perimeter. Who do the Cavs have that can do those things? The closest ones I can think of are Iman Shumpert (great defender, meh 3-pt shooter) and Richard Jefferson (;D). That, and I don't see what they get from Love that they couldn't get other players. The only specific skill he brings that no one else does on the Cavs are those dazzling hail mary passes. They have a big who could spread the floor (Channing Frye) and a big who specializes in rebounds (Tristan Thompson).

They desperately need more 3&D guys especially if they want to beat the Warriors. We have two of the best in the whole league: Jae Crowder and Avery Bradley. If the Celtics and the Cavs discuss Love again, I'm pretty sure the Cavs ask for both Crowder and Bradley. Last year, if you had told me that Bradley and Crowder together were a good offer for Love, I would have laughed in your face. Now, I believe if anyone might be getting shorthanded, it's the Celtics. Love's value has gone down that low that I would weigh my options if that deal was on the table. However, I fully agree that as soft as he is, he'd be a great fit with Brad.

It comes down to his. If you knew Kevin Love would woo Kevin Durant, would you not make that deal? At the same time, would you take your chances helping Lebron get ring number 3?

I reluctantly say yes, but only if it means Durant is coming here too and the Celtics are NOT trading the #3 pick.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:42:50 AM by MJohnnyboy »

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 01:40:30 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I do

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 01:41:38 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
He's not as great as advertised. But he'll be a certain upgrade over Sully. If he can be grabbed with #16 and #23, that would be a steal.

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 01:44:27 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
Kevin Love's trade value isn't as great as I was once thought it was I'll say that. Yeah he'd fit in well under CBS but the dude is a statue on defense. How would CBS hide him on that side of the ball?

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 01:56:04 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
Kevin Love's trade value isn't as great as I was once thought it was I'll say that. Yeah he'd fit in well under CBS but the dude is a statue on defense. How would CBS hide him on that side of the ball?

Just like how CBS hid Sully and KO.

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 01:58:03 AM »

• Bill Walton
He's not as great as advertised. But he'll be a certain upgrade over Sully. If he can be grabbed with #16 and #23, that would be a steal.

He's great player better than I.T but the role he's playing doesn't suit his game, if Aldridge played the same role he'd be more useless.

Cavs don't want rookies, they want to win now, I'd say it'd take Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk and Memphis pick as it can be used in any future rebuild.

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 02:02:02 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

He's great player better than I.T but the role he's playing doesn't suit his game, if Aldridge played the same role he'd be more useless.

Cavs don't want rookies, they want to win now, I'd say it'd take Bradley, Crowder, Olynyk and Memphis pick as it can be used in any future rebuild.

Way to sell the farm!
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 02:08:01 AM »

• Bill Walton

Way to sell the farm!

That isn't the farm lol most top players will cost much more than this, if you believe the rumours Butler will cost much more. We would still have all our picks, Smart, Rozier, IT and plenty of cap space.

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 02:09:35 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald

That has been his excuse his whole career. Back in Twolves when he is the main guy, his team never went far. Now that he is on a championship contender, I'm hearing excuse that he doesn't, fit. I wouldn't even trade either one of Crowder and Bradley. The impact of those players are beyond the stat sheet. Kevin Love certainly is not an impact player. His stats doesn't translate to wins and his absences doesn't really affect the team much.

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 02:26:48 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Not worth the #3 pick and Crowder lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 02:37:13 AM »

• Bill Walton

That has been his excuse his whole career. Back in Twolves when he is the main guy, his team never went far. Now that he is on a championship contender, I'm hearing excuse that he doesn't, fit. I wouldn't even trade either one of Crowder and Bradley. The impact of those players are beyond the stat sheet. Kevin Love certainly is not an impact player. His stats doesn't translate to wins and his absences doesn't really affect the team much.

The role he is playing any 4 would be irrelevant, you are squeezed out on offence by Lebron and Irving  and in defence he is an average defender but not as bad as some make out, Harden & Curry are both very average defenders (especially the former) but they get a pass because of their offensive output with Love can't contribute because of the style of game and is forced into just being a corner shooter. You put Davis in the same position and on offence he would be worse, you forget too that Love was averaging 20 - 10 on a limited role during these playoffs which they dominated everyone, is that not impactful?