Author Topic: Denver trade idea  (Read 3181 times)

Re: Denver trade idea
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2016, 06:16:22 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I like this idea a lot, TP. #3 for #7 + Gallo seems fair to me, although I'd really like to keep Amir (and we'll have cap space, so there's no need to match contracts). At #7 there will still be great prospects available. If we have to add say #22 + #45 to get it done that would be okay with me, but I wouldn't be so willing to add #16.

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2016, 06:28:07 PM »

Offline gamehead36

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
Why not just wait and try and sign him when he's a free agent in 2017?

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 07:09:48 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I guess I would rather have a slightly shorter version of Bender that has worked out (sans injuries) and #7 (take who is left of the top 7 - Hield, Murray, Bender, Dunn, or Brown) than the unknown version of Bender we would need to draft at #3 with no additional assets.

So, sure, I would get behind this.

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2016, 09:22:29 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I agree with Who, I'd rather Danny just select his favorite target.  Gallinari is a pretty good but injury prone player.  His presence isn't going to make Horford any more likely to sign here.  I'd rather Danny just draft the player he likes best.

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2016, 09:42:28 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
I wouldn't mind this trade at all.

What would be better would be just a straight draft trade.

We ship #3 and some of the 2nd rounders

for #7 #15 and #19

At #7 we will have the BPA out of Bender/Murray/Hield/Brown/Dunn (and on a better contract than picking them at #3, right?)

I think the intrigue of having back to back picks at 15/16 is enough to convince one of the GM's in that 8-11 range to cough up another pick.....and obviously depending on the draft slot, we would also have #19 and/or #23 to move up......which gives us a PF/Big to choose from between Poeltl/Skal/Ellenson

The other thing to consider in this trade-down, is keeping all the 1st rounders (7/15/16/19/23), which makes it much easier to part ways with a guy like Marcus Smart and/or Avery Bradley to then package them both with a BKN 2018 and other picks for an All-Star type player (Butler/George).

However, in this scenario where we trade down with Denver, I would prefer obviously to pick at 7, and then package 15+16 to move up as high as possible, and then also again with 19/23.

Ideally, we would then be looking at #7, #11, and #17 

A combo of a scorer/wing like Murray/Hield/Dunn/Brown, then with a solid big prospect like Skal/Poeltl/Ellenson, then #17 giving us that guy that slides out of the top 10 for no reason like in every draft.

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 10:36:10 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
not a fan of giving up the #3 pick for a mediocre starter that has a history of injuries.  if we're trading that pick, which I have no problem doing, I want a better player (i.e. all-star caliber) with a track record of good health.  the pick would likely be part of a bigger package but that package obviously depends on the player we're getting back.

Gallinari doesn't move the needle enough for us.  good scorer but he doesn't do a whole lot other than that.