Author Topic: James Young in CB trade talks  (Read 6723 times)

James Young in CB trade talks
« on: June 16, 2015, 04:45:44 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Let me draw you a picture of what Young should have been if he had chosen to stay one more year in college. Given his production in D league this season, it's fair to say he could have been one of the best scorer and best 3pts shooter of this draft.
I'm assuming he will be there on par with Mario at around #5 or #6.
Now, do you still want to throw Young with the #16 just to get pick #10 or even #8 ?
I remember how we get Ray Allen straight for #5 pick in 2007, what a steal, lol.
Consider this, player in nba are REAL. Draft picks are only POTENTIAL.
I don't see any sure thing like Duncan, Durant and James. And if those are there, they aren't going to be traded during the draft anyway.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:29:13 PM by LGC88 »

Re: James Young in trade talks
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 04:53:38 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2671
  • bammokja
your title makes this thread sound as if there is some rumor concerning young and a trade. perhaps alter the title a bit?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 04:55:27 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I totally agree.  It is crazy how people over estimate the worth of college players.  Its like people think WCS is going to come in to Boston and turn us into a defensive juggernaut.  Nobody will be able to score in the paint.

What will actually happen?  Sully will push him under the rim on every play in practice and shoot a little jump hook on him at will.  He won't be able to hit anything from the perimeter and lose total confidence in his shot.  When the season starts he gets backup minutes and is always committing fouls.

Oh, and he occasionally blocks a shot but more often than not the man he left either gets a pass for a dunk or a put back on an uncontested rebound. 

And on offense they don't guard him and his man plays a zone. 

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 05:03:17 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
your title makes this thread sound as if there is some rumor concerning young and a trade. perhaps alter the title a bit?

You are right, I just changed it.

Re: James Young on CB trade talks
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 05:10:15 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 292
Let me draw you a picture of what Young should have been if he had chosen to stay one more year in college. Given his production in D league this season, it's fair to say he could have been one of the best scorer and best 3pts shooter of this draft.
Now, do you still want to throw Young with the #16 just to get pick #10 or even #8 ?
I remember how we get Ray Allen straight for #5 pick in 2007, what a steal, lol.
I don't see any sure thing like Duncan, Durant and James. And if those are there, they aren't going to be traded during the draft anyway.

I get what you're saying, but using your example of Ray Allen being worth a #5, wouldn't you think James Young getting you into the lottery is worth it? I mean, he's no where near Ray Allen either. He's basically a draft pick himself. It goes both ways.

I think it all depends on how you value the specific player(s) available at the pick you are trading for. Value changes year to year.

I haven't really seen enough of James Young to form a solid opinion. He's still a potential guy. So if he was traded along with a pick, I'd view it as kind of trading two picks for one, since I don't really know what any of them are as NBA players.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 05:11:52 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Yeah, this title sounds like James Young is reading Celticsblog and the forums, and said something about it.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 05:19:01 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Yeah, this title sounds like James Young is reading Celticsblog and the forums, and said something about it.

It did sound like that, and now it sounds like Young is confirmedly being discussed in trade talks by the Cs and some team(s).

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 05:20:52 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney

I get what you're saying, but using your example of Ray Allen being worth a #5, wouldn't you think James Young getting you into the lottery is worth it? I mean, he's no where near Ray Allen either. He's basically a draft pick himself. It goes both ways.

I think it all depends on how you value the specific player(s) available at the pick you are trading for. Value changes year to year.

I haven't really seen enough of James Young to form a solid opinion. He's still a potential guy. So if he was traded along with a pick, I'd view it as kind of trading two picks for one, since I don't really know what any of them are as NBA players.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't mean to relate Ray Allen, other than to point out a perfect example to evaluate potential too high and compare it with what you already have. More often than not, you'll end up losing and when you lose, it's big (like ray allen).

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 05:22:04 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
James Young had a very successful year in the d league. Don't forget he was in a car accident and couldn't do any activities for awhile, then he missed summer league, training camp, pre season...thats a lot to miss.

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 05:24:22 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners

Have you seen his d league games?

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 05:25:13 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

It did sound like that, and now it sounds like Young is confirmedly being discussed in trade talks by the Cs and some team(s).

Ideally it should read 'in CB trade talks' but I think LGC is not a native English speaker. Easily understood when you read the thread, anyway.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 05:26:42 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney

Haha you are right, any suggestion for a better title?

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 05:30:36 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney

Ideally it should read 'in CB trade talks' but I think LGC is not a native English speaker. Easily understood when you read the thread, anyway.

Ok, fix it with your suggestion, thanks!
Indeed, I'm french.

Re: James Young in CB trade talks
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 05:34:32 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
TP for your topic, LGC88, and your work on this topic and to D.o.s. for at least making a constructive suggestion, which I didn't do.

Re: James Young in CB trade talks
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 05:36:56 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Agree with poster above identifying Young as comparable to a draft pick, or potential, at this point. Fab Melo showed flashes of dominance in the D-league, for perspective. If Young can't add significantly to his frame in the next year or two, he's going to be a bust. He's too small to defend at the NBA level right now.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC