Author Topic: Suns/Boston Trade idea. Would either team consider?  (Read 1509 times)

Suns/Boston Trade idea. Would either team consider?
« on: January 11, 2014, 04:12:25 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Suns were playing really well and are sitting at the 7th seed.  Bledsoe got injured, unfortunately.  He just had surgery and is probably done for the season.   He's 24 and a restricted free agent.

Boston is currently looking at a top 5 pick, but Rondo is on his way back. 

Don't throw tomatoes at me.  I'm just wondering if this makes sense for either team:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m8hmzef

Suns get:  Wallace (bad contract, but bench vet), Bass (solid contributor) and Rondo (an upgrade over Bledsoe)

Celtics get:  Okafor (big fat expiring contract), Bledsoe (he's our replacement for Rondo... next year after we tank it up), Alex Len (#5 pick who hasn't played at all) and some filler

Thoughts? 

If Suns included a 1st would you do it? 

Would Suns even have interest in Rondo?

Re: Suns/Boston Trade idea. Would either team consider?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 04:30:57 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Just sayin... PG - Bledsoe, SG - Bradley, SF - Green, PF - Sully/Oly, C - Len/Fav is a nice young core to build around.

The other benefit of the trade... basically guarantees you're continuing to skid and adding someone like Wiggins, Randle, Parker, Embiid, etc ... Since none of the guys we'd be taking back would be much of an impact this season.

The third benefit of the trade is that even if you extended Bledsoe to a max deal and gave Bradley is 6-8 mil and signed our rookies, you're still looking at a bit of cap space.  Say you gave Bledsoe Rondo money... then say you extended Bradley at 6 mil.  Then say you landed the #1 pick (5 mil)... you're still looking at roughly 18 mil in cap space.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 05:02:31 AM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
I can't find any reason why the Suns would trade Bledsoe(24) for Rondo(28) while absorbing the awful and not-so-awful contracts of Gerald Wallace and Brandon Bass. We can argue who's better between the two PGs but Bledsoe is clearly a better option going forward due to his age. Also it's still yet to be determined how ACL injury would affect Rondo's game moving forward, therefore it's a big gamble for the Suns part. I also think the Suns are not in a "Win-Now" mode even though they are overachieving this season, I would rather have them build around Bledsoe slowly using their insane amount of picks(4 first rounders for 2014) and expirings. And apparently they love Bledsoe as much as they will pay him whatever he wants -> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1907555-phoenix-suns-will-pay-eric-bledsoe-whatever-he-wants
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:14:12 AM by Yenohb »

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 05:23:23 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I can't find any reason why the Suns would trade Bledsoe(24) for Rondo(28) while absorbing the awful and not-so-awful contracts of Gerald Wallace and Brandon Bass. We can argue who's better between the two PGs but Bledsoe is clearly a better option going forward due to his age. Also it's still yet to be determined how ACL injury would affect Rondo's game moving forward, therefore it's a big gamble for the Suns part. I also think the Suns are not in a "Win-Now" mode even though they are overachieving this season, I would rather have them build around Bledsoe slowly using their insane amount of picks(4 first rounders for 2014) and expirings. And apparently they love Bledsoe as much as they will pay him whatever he wants -> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1907555-phoenix-suns-will-pay-eric-bledsoe-whatever-he-wants
Makes sense.  I think I agree that it would be a no-brainer for Boston and a head-scratcher for the Suns.   There are a few vocal posters on this board who think Rondo is a superstar, though... so it sometimes clouds my perception of reality.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 05:25:51 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
PHX says no. Not sure Danny wants to trade Rondo for somebody who's due a payday either.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 05:30:16 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I wouldn't do it.

We are rebuilding with the hope of evevtually building a contender again.  That requires stars who have the ability to change games single handedly.

I know Rondo issucha player.  I'm stillnotconvinced thatBledsoe is any more than another Tyreke Evans, Jrue Holliday, Jeff Teague - guys who are very good starters, but not guys who could put a team ontheir backs in the playoffs