Author Topic: Hayward out vs Atlanta - Potential Showcase?  (Read 2941 times)

Re: Hayward out vs Atlanta - Potential Showcase?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2019, 07:02:15 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
so Jaylen is the center piece of a trade package that lands us Anthony davis?

yup, i'm on a Celtics board...

Lets say Atl gets the 3rd pick in this draft. Could that be the centerpiece of an AD trade?

Jaylen + picks could get it done for number 3.
No.  This isn't considered a good draft.  Sam Vecenie compared it to 2016 with a lot of drop off after Zion. 

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2019, 07:28:30 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
We wouldn’t be able to get the Atlanta pick most likely, but Bill Simmons said a while back that his dream trade was sending Jaylen to Atlanta for the Dallas pick they own. It was projected 17th at the time, but Dallas has since fallen back into the lotto.

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 07:34:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What do you think?

I think it is the baby.

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2019, 08:38:45 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
Well, some hellava showcase it's been so far  ::)

Re: Hayward out vs Atlanta - Potential Showcase? Edit: Probably not
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2019, 09:22:32 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Hehe I didn't bother to read past the headlines that Robyn may be in labor. Best wishes to the Hayward family!

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Also just wanted to clarify that I agree that Jaylen is playing great and providing an element that we drastically need.

I'm not suggesting to trade him because he's not working with us but rather that he might be more valuable to other teams as a starter than to us as Hayward and Tatum's future backup.

Huh???

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2019, 09:24:04 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It’s really proven to be a showcase of how important he is to our team
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 09:55:43 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
We wouldn’t be able to get the Atlanta pick most likely, but Bill Simmons said a while back that his dream trade was sending Jaylen to Atlanta for the Dallas pick they own. It was projected 17th at the time, but Dallas has since fallen back into the lotto.

What does what Bill Simmons wanted have to do with anything?

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2019, 09:57:22 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

And the fact that his take on Jaylen was extremely short sighted and pretty much wrong.

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2019, 10:28:36 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
We lose Hayward and Kyrie is simply not enough to get us to Banner 18.

Enjoy that new addition to the Fam, GH.

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2019, 10:44:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

agree who cares what he says   :P

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2019, 10:51:27 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

Lets say Atl gets the 3rd pick in this draft. Could that be the centerpiece of an AD trade?

this fan base is embarrassing, esp. when it comes to valuing their players. any trade for Anthony davis from this team must start with tatum if I'm NO.

I personally like Jaylen a lot, his value was at it's highest last season. and even then that wasn't enough to land Davis.

C's fans need to join reality, you're all tiresome when it comes to evaluation of this roster. terry rozier will not land us the spirit of Michael Jordan, terry rozier is lucky to still be in this league.

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2019, 11:42:32 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Let’s take a step back and dissect this so that people in the future don’t fall into the same trap.

The Celtics are competing for a title this season. How does trading Brown for a pick make the team better? You’d have to either imagine that he’s worse than a random person we’d sign, or we aren’t in win now mode. Besides, if the going rate for him is a top lotto pick, why not use his salary to trade for Davis and have then flip him themselves? Nothing about this makes any sense.

All trade proposals must make the Celtics better *this year*.

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2019, 11:48:50 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

this fan base is embarrassing, esp. when it comes to valuing their players. any trade for Anthony davis from this team must start with tatum if I'm NO.

I personally like Jaylen a lot, his value was at it's highest last season. and even then that wasn't enough to land Davis.

C's fans need to join reality, you're all tiresome when it comes to evaluation of this roster. terry rozier will not land us the spirit of Michael Jordan, terry rozier is lucky to still be in this league.
Rofl. You can’t say people need to join reality, then one sentence later say a proven league average point guard, in the literal sense of the word, is lucky to be in the league.

Rozier has shown to be a solid starting PG, but please continue to tell us how tiresome we are
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2019, 05:43:14 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

I'm thinking that landing AD will probably take all 3 of them - Tatum, Brown and Rozier. That's what I'd demand if I were NO, particularly if LA are going to offer up Kuzma, Ingram and Ball.

Whether Danny thinks that's a good trade is another thing entirely. Guess it would depend on what he thinks their ceilings are and whether this team can actually get the best out of everyone the way it's currently built.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2019, 10:00:05 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

Rofl. You can’t say people need to join reality, then one sentence later say a proven league average point guard, in the literal sense of the word, is lucky to be in the league.

Rozier has shown to be a solid starting PG, but please continue to tell us how tiresome we are

when he's playing on another team and gets exposed call me, we can arrange a list of former Celtics that are more useless than the last former celtic.