Author Topic: Kyrie rips into the media  (Read 4419 times)

Re: Kyrie rips into the media
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 11:18:23 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
If he hates the media so much, then he should avoid the media and stick to basketball.

We have a very important stretch of games coming up leading into the playoffs.

He should save his energy, otherwise he'll have more than enough time on his hands to talk to the media in early May.

I’m sure he would if he could.  I think you kinda have to give in and talk to them at some point after avoiding them for a stretch.

I guess you could be like Marshawn Lynch and just answer every question with "yeeeaahhhhh".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyUwanb_Cz8

Lol yup

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 11:21:28 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
I think Kyrie enjoys all of this, no matter what he says

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 12:21:42 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
kyrie loves this attention.  egomaniac with a self inflated sense of intelligence.

dannys probably regretting not dumping this narcissistic dilrod for a top pick last year.

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 12:23:47 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
kyrie loves this attention.  egomaniac with a self inflated sense of intelligence.

dannys probably regretting not dumping this narcissistic dilrod for a top pick last year.
What a fantastic post. Clearly not blinded by hatred or anything right here ::)

God I hope he stays here for the rest of his career so certain posters have to deal with the reality that Kyrie is our PG for the next 7-10 years. Seeing him raise a banner or three would be too fun.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2019, 12:25:59 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

God I hope he stays here for the rest of his career so certain posters have to deal with the reality that Kyrie is our PG for the next 7-10 years. Seeing him raise a banner or three would be too fun.

It's a difference of opinion, and I appreciate your perspective gouki.  But would you agree that we can appreciate his perspective as well, and that his comment is not worth a ban?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2019, 12:28:25 AM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday

Yeah I mean the lashing out with insults reflects on your personality.  It’s basketball.  Again, no ones perfect but at least Kyrie is among a handful of the most talented Celtics we’ve had in decades.  He also has the ability to attract more. 

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2019, 12:33:30 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

It's a difference of opinion, and I appreciate your perspective gouki.  But would you agree that we can appreciate his perspective as well, and that his comment is not worth a ban?
I don't think I implied that it was deserving of that. Apologies if it did.

Also, congrats on the Tarheels beating the Blue Devils

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2019, 12:33:56 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Given how much today's players read social media, websites, forums etc I wonder if AD hasn't taken a look at how Kyrie gets treated by some of the Celtics fans and decided he's not going near Boston if he can help it. Far fetched I know - fans like us would only dream of having that type of influence on player decisions  :angel:

I think we like a certain type of player here in Boston - humble, not too big for his boots, keeps a low profile. I guess AD is more like that than Kyrie is?
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2019, 12:37:05 AM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
Given how much today's players read social media, websites, forums etc I wonder if AD hasn't taken a look at how Kyrie gets treated by some of the Celtics fans and decided he's not going near Boston if he can help it. Far fetched I know - fans like us would only dream of having that type of influence on player decisions  :angel:

I think we like a certain type of player here in Boston - humble, not too big for his boots, keeps a low profile. I guess AD is more like that than Kyrie is?

Maybe they can bounce some ideas off of each other this summer on the Celtics together.

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2019, 12:40:30 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Kawhi would've been the perfect guy for this team. Hayward is too, but he is yet to regain his star form (on his way though!)

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2019, 12:43:08 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I don't think I implied that it was deserving of that. Apologies if it did.

Also, congrats on the Tarheels beating the Blue Devils

Ah, not at all - just a broader question. 

Thanks man.  I hope Zion's injury is a minor one - sounds like a sprain.  He's a phenomenal athlete, and the turnout to see him tonight was incredible.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2019, 01:18:17 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics

I think you switched Kyrie for LeBron. It's him. 

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2019, 01:56:47 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Yeah right, if that is the case, why is IT4 so beloved? LOL
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2019, 02:17:25 AM »

Offline TatumsLebronsDad

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
I don't blame Kyrie for being ticked off AT ALL. If I was an athlete they'd probably love me (or the content I'd produce for them) because I'd tell them to go stick their head somewhere where the sun don't shine. Think about it from his prospective: Kyrie watches KD get his All - Star game MVP trophy, media questions why, makes it about THEM (them as in the media), "Is Kyrie doing this as a subtle shot?", "What does this mean?", "Kyrie and KD to the Knicks Confirmed?" NO I'll tell you what it means: It means that KD and Kyrie are best friends (he even said so himself) they rarely get to see each other, (once every few months.) It's not like they get to play together on the same team, so it's one best friend cheering on another best friend in a deserving moment. I would of done the same thing for my best friend and I'm sure you would of done the same thing for yours.

Same thing can be said about the whole blow up over their conversation in the hallway. Media is trying to turn it into KD AND KYRIE ARE TROLLING US!! No, more likely than not (probably 90% likely) it was a completely pointless and stupid conversation they were having! HENCE why they didn't care that they were having it out in the open in a tunnel like the way they were! They were probably talking about some chicks that were all over them the night before at a club they went to or who knows something pointless and STUPID (at least to us.) It was their conversation to have though, it was their PRIVATE conversation. Just like if you see me having a conversation with one of my friends and ask me about what, I'm probably going to tell you mind your own business, and that's exactly what Kyrie is telling the media.

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2019, 02:36:25 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362

Yeah right, if that is the case, why is IT4 so beloved? LOL

Beloved? There's people on this forum laughing at the fact that he went from Brinks truck to vet min. He overreached in some people's minds and needed to be cut down.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D