Author Topic: Kyrie rips into the media  (Read 4631 times)

Re: Kyrie rips into the media
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2019, 03:05:57 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
No Kyrie you can't have a conversation with KD in the hallway! Too much eyes and ears everywhere.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2019, 05:00:19 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I totally get why Kyrie is annoyed.  Some of this stuff is insane.

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2019, 07:29:12 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I totally get why Kyrie is annoyed.  Some of this stuff is insane.
Even I'm annoyed!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2019, 07:37:37 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Dont blame him but that what happens when u are a FA coming up..happens every year to a top FA
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2019, 07:43:39 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I have no problem with what Kyrie said here. The way Simmons made it sound like on his latest BS Report, I thought I was going to be at least annoyed

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2019, 08:54:30 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
“You do it for the likes and clicks”

“It’s not real life”

These have been my driving arguments on multiple forums through all this AD saga and with Kyrie.  Fake news made to make fake things become real.  Lies and deceit.  It really is pretty messed up, and it isn’t real life.

Totally understand why these guys get annoyed at these fake stories, but it's a by-product of the large growth of the NBA, and as the reporter points out that it's the fans that want content on their favorite players and teams. What the reporter didn't spell out is that the media obviously drive these stories for clicks (money), and will keep doing so until the money isn't there (i.e fan interest).

Seems like these guys just want to ball, and not deal with ugly side of the business which brings in the large portion of dollars into the NBA, which goes then straight to their pockets. Don't want to get paid and deal with the crazy media? Go and play in another league would be my suggestion.

Yes and no. Yes it is a by product and people "getting a piece of the pie". However, and this goes wider than just the NBA and sports, where has the sense of responsibility gone? Where are the days when a journalist would care about his/her reputation and that of the company they write for?

Morality in the modern age is under threat. Decisions we make now are based on less evidence and less moral guidance. I completely understand why Kyrie gets so angry about it because from an intellectual standpoint, journalists like these are stifling true debate and true progress of understanding.

In an age where rights get so much attention, we often forget about responsibility. We should all act in a way that fosters understanding and progression.

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2019, 09:04:34 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
It is really old now. Media is so desperate for him to go to NYC that they just create stuff that isn't needed. He is right about it being about likes and clicks.

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2019, 09:21:20 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
You can't let the media know that it bothers you. That in itself becomes a topic and you become a target. You kind of just have to play the game. There is a language you can use to say nothing while still giving the media an answer. All athletes are prepped to do this, but it's tiring and phony and guys like Kyrie and KD are sick of playing that game. They want to be genuine. Unfortunately, you can't be genuine and be treated with respect by the media.

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2019, 09:23:01 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
You can't let the media know that it bothers you. That in itself becomes a topic and you become a target. You kind of just have to play the game. There is a language you can use to say nothing while still giving the media an answer. All athletes are prepped to do this, but it's tiring and phony and guys like Kyrie and KD are sick of playing that game. They want to be genuine. Unfortunately, you can't be genuine and be treated with respect by the media.

That is absolutely true .... You joke about when asked ,smile ... You don't make it a issue (even if it is)

But this is easier said than done....

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2019, 09:37:24 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!
If he hates the media so much, then he should avoid the media and stick to basketball.

We have a very important stretch of games coming up leading into the playoffs.

He should save his energy, otherwise he'll have more than enough time on his hands to talk to the media in early May.

Durant avoided the media for a week recently and it became an entire thing that somehow was related to his free agency.

Talk or be quiet, people are going to chop and screw your actions to fit a narrative.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2019, 09:45:40 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
If he hates the media so much, then he should avoid the media and stick to basketball.

He should save his energy, otherwise he'll have more than enough time on his hands to talk to the media in early May.

Durant avoided the media for a week recently and it became an entire thing that somehow was related to his free agency.

Talk or be quiet, people are going to chop and screw your actions to fit a narrative.

Yup...this is now an entertainment industry with many players of which the media is a major part, and stuff like this apparently entertain people who speculate about it for hours on end.

I just can't wait till the actual basketball starts, that's what I find entertaining  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2019, 09:48:32 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

TP I definitely agree.  Anyone in the spotlight are in a lose lose situation.  You can't please everyone.  Just look at this board.  There are a few Kyrie haters that bash him.  I love the guy.  I understand how frustrating that everything you do gets scrutinized and questioned.  That would not be fun.  But on the other hand while NBA Players want power to control their future and what they get paid and NBA Owners want to make as much money as they can.  It's a business.  Just like the media.  It's worse now then ever because Social Media is so relevant making things that happen in real time get judged in real time.  All it takes anymore is a Joe Schmoe taking a photo or a video and spinning words to fit a narrative that will generate clicks and comments.  This is how people make money in their industry.  Everyone's gotta eat. 

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2019, 09:52:44 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
This is why Kyrie gave the response he did 3 weeks ago when talking FA. No matter what he does the media will always push the narrative that he's leaving for NY or LA. I agree maybe Kyrie should stop doing these kinds of interviews so often but lets be real, if he came out and stated "I'm staying in Boston", the media wouldn't care and they'd still push their narrative. Kyrie could probably be talking with Butler for just 1-2 minutes after a Sixers game, then someone takes a pic, and suddenly they'll scream that he wants to go PHI  ::)

I think Ainge has a better idea on where Kyrie's at. He says he speaks with Kyrie all the time and while he's respectful of Kyrie's FA intentions he does seem optimistic about him staying.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2019, 09:55:57 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Gary Washburn: Kyrie: “It’s my life, right? It’s two people talking, having a conversation. If this was the real world, would it be anybody else’s business? It’s a video of somebody assuming what we’re talking about. So why would I care about it? Why are you asking me those type of questions?

Kyrie....relax

It's so weird how touchy they are. Moreover it's SO easy to handle these questions evasively.

I'm not thinking about free agency at all.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2019, 12:04:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Gary Washburn: Kyrie: “It’s my life, right? It’s two people talking, having a conversation. If this was the real world, would it be anybody else’s business? It’s a video of somebody assuming what we’re talking about. So why would I care about it? Why are you asking me those type of questions?

Kyrie....relax

It's so weird how touchy they are. Moreover it's SO easy to handle these questions evasively.

I'm not thinking about free agency at all.

exactly

but like someone else mentioned.... he prob likes all of this attention, then dissing the media, then getting attention again

It's like the whole Lebron drama show , revived here in Boston

Just play ball.  Also have a sense of humor

KD and Irving are the two touchiest/sensitive NBA players I have seen