Author Topic: Warriors (34-14) at Celtics (30-18) GAme #49 1/26/19  (Read 38849 times)

Re: Warriors (34-14) at Celtics (30-18) GAme #49 1/26/19
« Reply #750 on: January 26, 2019, 11:16:30 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Smart loses the game with failure to box out

amazing

"You guys are all blind here"

That was Tatum's responsibility as the third guy in the lane. Smart was out past the three point line and, thus, not his responsibility  ::)

Tatum was trying to help keep KD away from the boards.  There should have been a 4th guy at the line to block out green.  Just a failure on a lot of levels.

Instead of blocking out, Smart wanted to get a heroic rebound on a potential miss

didnt do the basic thing and it cost them a chance.

You don't understand what boxing out means if you think that it was Smart's responsibility/fault.

Smart had plenty of other mistakes tonight, specifically his chucking, but that last rebound was in no way his fault, as it's literally - not figuratively, literally - impossible for him to box out the shooter five feet in front of him.

Again, disagree. Smart ended up in front of Green. It doesn't matter where he started. It looked like he slipped, so I don't fault him too much but either you can blame him for not boxing out or for missing the rebound. In any case, he gets a piece of blame pie.

He wasn't the reaosn we lost tho.

« Reply #751 on: January 26, 2019, 11:17:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Lol we lost by 4 points to one of the greatest modern-day dynasties in the NBA, an all-star team that added Cousins and yet all I’m seeing here is “trade Kyrie! Hayward should retire! We’re doomed! Trade and rebuild!”  ::)

Yeah it was a tough loss but good grief...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #752 on: January 26, 2019, 11:17:26 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Not sure why so many think "the team will clean up the mistakes by playoffs" or "Hayward will be much better by the end of the season" or "Brad will figure it out by April" or "Team is built for the playoffs".

I don't see it. Hayward has regressed since playing better mid-season, Stevens doesn't know what to do with this group, the bench is awful, we are much worse rebounding this year, Irving is amazing offensively but it hurts the rest of the team in the long run, we have lost our offensive movement, toughness and gritty style of play and it's not going to magically return in 30 games.

Depression is a side effect of xanex

With that said, we just won 5 in a row sparked by better overall team play. But we weren't going to win out the rest of the season.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #753 on: January 26, 2019, 11:17:42 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Problem is down the stretch other guys have to contribute. Morris was a no show most of the game. Tatum made nothing in the 4th. It was Kyrie and a little bit of Al.

GS shot 16 FTs in the 4th. I don't think Boston got to the line at all
Unfortunately the FT disparity is part and parcel of each team.  We don’t get to the line, and they do.

Yes I agree Boston settles too much for long 3s but GS got come calls tonight. The call on Al on Durant on his 3 was terrible. Same with the call on Mook on Durant. Refs anticipate fouls on Curry and Durant and then call them

If you are talking about the calls I think you are, both were fouls. Al hit Durants arm. Maybe you could argue it was before the shot but it was a foul. It wasn't  the refs tonight guys.

Morris did not touch Durant on the 3-pointer. Literally did not touch him.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #754 on: January 26, 2019, 11:17:51 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
Still have no idea why Brad didn't put in Baynes or Theis (or both) for that free throw. Ugh

It was Smart who failed to box out the foul shooter.

Smart came flying in the paint and missed a chance for a rebound.
If Smart boxed out Draymond, he would have gotten the rebound.

It was just an unlucky bounce...Sh*t happens. smart was the fifth man who went in there as  morris was guarding the shooter and tatum was squeezing KD with Al but the [dang] ball bounced the other way.

People can analyze this missed rebound till the cows come home the ball bounces differently it’s a different outcome. I feel like the turnovers late in the 4th and letting Klay hit that 3 were costlier.

Pretty much.  It was the live turnovers that did us in.

« Reply #755 on: January 26, 2019, 11:18:17 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
As much as Smart and Mook have played well as starters, it has weakened the bench majorly. And that tells me that the guys that should be starting are not getting it done (Brown and Hayward).

This team needs Brown and Hayward to start playing more consistently (Brown) and Hayward to start playing like a functional player so Mook and Smart can return to the bench and make it better.

« Reply #756 on: January 26, 2019, 11:19:09 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
On the bright side, if the Celts beat the Nets and Hornets next week, it will be a successful January.

« Reply #757 on: January 26, 2019, 11:20:11 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Lol we lost by 4 points to one of the greatest modern-day dynasties in the NBA, an all-star team that added Cousins and yet all I’m seeing here is “trade Kyrie! Hayward should retire! We’re doomed! Trade and rebuild!”  ::)

Not doom and gloom...but if you get just 5 points out of Hayward tonight, the Cs win the game. Asking for 5-10 points from a 30 mill a year player is not asking a lot.

« Reply #758 on: January 26, 2019, 11:20:40 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
On the bright side, if the Celts beat the Nets and Hornets next week, it will be a successful January.

Lulz the Celtics better beat the Nets and Hornets. I don't like those letdown/down to the competition games

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #759 on: January 26, 2019, 11:21:15 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Hard to believe Hayward was torching these same Warriors team in 2017 playoffs to the tune of 30+ ppg.

fastforward to tonight and Hayward layed another stinker just like the Nets game..3 pouints..or the Spurs game ZERO points..worth 30 million to me.

« Reply #760 on: January 26, 2019, 11:21:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!

Not doom and gloom...but if you get just 5 points out of Hayward tonight, the Cs win the game. Asking for 5-10 points from a 30 mill a year player is not asking a lot.

You’re right. However, we lost this game in other ways in the last 40 seconds and despite that still lost by just 4. I’m still encouraged. At this point all we can do is hope Hayward improves but acting like he’s officially done isn’t going to do much for anyone.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #761 on: January 26, 2019, 11:21:35 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Nets game will be another frustrating slog. Cs just seem to play so casual against teams that aren't considered powers.

« Reply #762 on: January 26, 2019, 11:22:03 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Problem is down the stretch other guys have to contribute. Morris was a no show most of the game. Tatum made nothing in the 4th. It was Kyrie and a little bit of Al.

GS shot 16 FTs in the 4th. I don't think Boston got to the line at all
Unfortunately the FT disparity is part and parcel of each team.  We don’t get to the line, and they do.

Yes I agree Boston settles too much for long 3s but GS got come calls tonight. The call on Al on Durant on his 3 was terrible. Same with the call on Mook on Durant. Refs anticipate fouls on Curry and Durant and then call them

If you are talking about the calls I think you are, both were fouls. Al hit Durants arm. Maybe you could argue it was before the shot but it was a foul. It wasn't  the refs tonight guys.

Morris did not touch Durant on the 3-pointer. Literally did not touch him.

Unfortunately he did. Those were both fouls

« Reply #763 on: January 26, 2019, 11:22:13 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Lulz the Celtics better beat the Nets and Hornets. I don't like those letdown/down to the competition games

Both have had some big wins recently! We gotta come ready to play

« Reply #764 on: January 26, 2019, 11:22:39 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Hard to believe Hayward was torching these same Warriors team in 2017 playoffs to the tune of 30+ ppg.

fastforward to tonight and Hayward layed another stinker just like the Nets game..3 pouints..or the Spurs game ZERO points..worth 30 million to me.

Heard you the first 655852974 times.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman