Author Topic: need a good, cheap PS2 title (TP's to be earned)  (Read 9117 times)

Re: need a good, cheap PS2 title (TP's to be earned)
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 12:08:48 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
have you ever tried God of War?

yea, those were awesome.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 12:15:04 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
the cornerstone of the ps system: metal gear solid.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 12:31:01 PM »

Offline Celtic_E

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
I highly recommend the Metal Gear Solid series, God of War series, and Resident Evil 4 (probably the best title in the series so far, IMO). If you like RPG games, you might also like the Kingdom Hearts series. Pretty good game and has a creative storyline.

If you are into comics, you'll enjoy playing the X-Men Legends series and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 12:33:10 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
so far i think im going shadow, alot of these other suggestions are awesome games, but ive played em.

and more undergroundish titles? thanks for all who are helping, i'll be TP'ing replies in this thread for several days heh.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 12:37:35 PM »

Offline aliendave

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 15
The most criminally underplayed games on the PS2 are Beyond Good and Evil and Psychonauts.

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 12:38:01 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Final Fantasy Tactics

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 12:40:47 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
The most criminally underplayed games on the PS2 are Beyond Good and Evil and Psychonauts.

ive heard good things about beyond good and evil.

FF:tactics i have, luckly, thats an ebay title only at this point heh.

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 01:12:59 PM »

Offline DKClassic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 177
To this day I still play MVP baseball 2005.

MVP 2005 still has the best game play and is smoother than any other baseball game on the market hands down. I still play this game on a regular basis. MVP is good stuff.

Although the soundtrack was pretty bad.  It's too bad EA doesn't make MVPs anymore.

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 01:21:39 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160

MVP 2005 still has the best game play and is smoother than any other baseball game on the market hands down. I still play this game on a regular basis. MVP is good stuff.

Although the soundtrack was pretty bad.  It's too bad EA doesn't make MVPs anymore.

It's an absolute travesty that they don't. 2K anything makes me gag, I know some folks prefer them but I can't handle the bush league interfaces, embarrassing. I'm not sure when MVP can get back into the MLB circle but 2K's contract wasn't for that long, should be soon...
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 01:30:14 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

It's an absolute travesty that they don't. 2K anything makes me gag, I know some folks prefer them but I can't handle the bush league interfaces, embarrassing. I'm not sure when MVP can get back into the MLB circle but 2K's contract wasn't for that long, should be soon...

true on some things, NBA live is terrable though, so im glad 2k is in that market.

Also, its really EA's fault. if they hadent gotten madden for 7 years (which has hurt that franchise alot, they don't even try to be inventive. 4 of this years NEW FEATURES!!!! were in 2005 for the ps2 for gods sake.) then 2K wouldn't have snatched up baseball.

competition drove both franchises to great heights, now both (2k baseball and madden) just add one new thing, slap a new coat of paint on and release. and why not? there the only game in town.

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008, 02:17:18 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Any of the SSX games are way cool. Turok can be a cheap first person shooter that will keep you occupied with Dinos hunting. Wipeout is cool, cheap racing game with crazy music soundtrack.

« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2008, 02:26:02 PM »

Offline jbowen

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
If you like RPGs and want to waste two weeks there's nothing better than Dragon Quest 8.  The game is huge and beautiful.
Also GrimGrimoire (realtime strategy) or Odin Sphere (action rpg) are beautiful 2d games, but are hit or miss on if you'll like them (plus might not fall into the $20 range).

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2008, 08:07:32 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I highly recommend the Metal Gear Solid series, God of War series, and Resident Evil 4 (probably the best title in the series so far, IMO). If you like RPG games, you might also like the Kingdom Hearts series. Pretty good game and has a creative storyline.

If you are into comics, you'll enjoy playing the X-Men Legends series and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

i was going to list 3 games and u named two of them, lol!

kingdom hearts
marvel ultimate alliance
star wars battlefront 2

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2008, 08:16:54 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
i went with shadows of the colossus.

kingdom hearts is BA dark :)

thanks all, TP's to all :)

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2008, 08:29:41 PM »

Offline eddietours

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
okami is a beautiful game ;D