Author Topic: Any interest in an NCAA 09 online CB dynasty?  (Read 17793 times)

Any interest in an NCAA 09 online CB dynasty?
« on: July 16, 2008, 01:45:20 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I got the game last night, its real good, and was wondering

1) if anyone else picked it up

2) any interst in the online dynasty mode? you can do up to 12 people it says. i haven't tried it out yet, but i think it would be a blast.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 11:08:08 AM by Redz »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: any interst in an NCAA 09 online CB dynasty?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 01:48:55 PM »

Offline gc1530

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Which system? I'm in an SEC dynasty for PS3, which hasn't started yet but I'm looking forward to it.  I agree the game is great, but I encountered some serious cheesing when I was playing online yesterday.  I'm trying to find some people who play the game right who I can play online so let me know if you have PS3 so we can exchange PSN's.

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 01:56:37 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Which system? I'm in an SEC dynasty for PS3, which hasn't started yet but I'm looking forward to it.  I agree the game is great, but I encountered some serious cheesing when I was playing online yesterday.  I'm trying to find some people who play the game right who I can play online so let me know if you have PS3 so we can exchange PSN's.

i feel the same, but unfortunatly i have the 360, and all interst for me in the PS3 died at E3 when they announced FF13 is multiplatform
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 02:43:30 PM »

Offline gc1530

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
I'm not familiar with that, care to fill me in?

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 02:53:19 PM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 15

2) any interst in the online dynasty mode? you can do up to 12 people it says. i haven't tried it out yet, but i think it would be a blast.

I just picked it up as well.  Looks like a great version of the NCAA series.  I'd be all for joining a CB online Dynasty.

Edit:  I've got the 360 version.  My gamertag is gfunk9985.

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 03:02:34 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I'm not familiar with that, care to fill me in?

ill throw up a link when i get home, at E3 this past weekend, Square announced that the next FF will be on 360 as well, though it will still release on the ps3 first.

given that i love my 360, and the only exclusive that sony had that i cared about was FF13, it pretty much kills any desiere of mine to own a ps3

and galen, ill try to figure otu how to set one of these things up tonight and toss you an invite to it.

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 03:04:10 PM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24

I am interested, but was just wondering the logistics of a dynasty online. I figure that it would take alot of time with the in season recruting and spending all of your 10 hours. If anyone else is on one of these please let me know your format. I am def down for a Madden '09 Dynasty.
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life" - Red Auerbach

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 03:11:51 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

I am interested, but was just wondering the logistics of a dynasty online. I figure that it would take alot of time with the in season recruting and spending all of your 10 hours. If anyone else is on one of these please let me know your format. I am def down for a Madden '09 Dynasty.

this years lets you automate alot of the recruiting, and then target 4 or 5 blue chip guys while the computer fills in your other posistions based on your instructions.

I assume thats how it works online, but yea, post your gamer tag, ill try to set this thing up tonight and grab anyone in this thread.

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 06:47:26 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 09:59:36 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
i fooled around with this a bit last night, looks cool, but i think we pretty much need 4 people to start.

right now we have me and one other gamer tag, anyone else for the 360 version?

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 10:06:32 AM »

Offline DinoRadjaLives

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
i fooled around with this a bit last night, looks cool, but i think we pretty much need 4 people to start.

right now we have me and one other gamer tag, anyone else for the 360 version?

Crownsy - My tag is "Josemary", The little lady is out with friends tonight, I am down
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life" - Red Auerbach

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 10:09:02 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I'll do it but I can't get the game til next monday..need to get paid first.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 10:51:37 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I'll do it but I can't get the game til next monday..need to get paid first.

I'll see if i can set it up as private with a password, and then we can wait till you grab it.

im going out tonight myself, but i should have time to set the thing up.

it seems pretty cool, might i suggest we all play in one conferance so that we play each other a couple times a year? or do you guys want to just pick real good teams and we can schedule each other once in awhile?

also, here's my rough understanding of how it works online-

The commisner who sets up the league can force weeks to finsh to prevent hold ups.

if you have a game against a non-human team, you get to play the computer.

we all recruit from the same talent pool.

Going on that, here's what i'll try to do tonight, i'll log on and try to make the thing, and then post our rules here. I would ask that we try to "play football" if you will, I.E no "i'll just throw a million bombs and take control of the WR!!!" or anything when playing each other. (hose the computer however you want hehe.)

also, what do you three want to do for the basic rules?

i was thinking 8 minute quarters (so that we can keep up with the computers stats) and the level below HOF difficulty, which should allow us to beat up on the computer teams a bit, thus setting us up for bowl games more often.

any other suggestions? pretty sure we can set the dynasty rules to whatever we want.

I guess the other thing we would need to decide is what consitutes a "week" if game time? i was thinking like every 3 days opr something. gives us 3 days to play the games for the week and set up recruiting, while keeping us going through seasons pretty quick.

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 11:11:48 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Lets take the SEC...I will be the gamecocks, yah?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Lets take the SEC...I will be the gamecocks, yah?

i'd have no problem with the SEC, not sure who i'd take.

also, if two more want to play, thats cool, but i think for our inital attempt, we should stick to 6 max. i dont want it to get so crazy that we cant get consistant play.

the 4 we have now would be fine with me, but 2 more wouldnt be bad either.