Author Topic: Rondo/Paul/Ingram - HOU/LAL Brawl - (All 3 suspended w/out pay)  (Read 14270 times)

Re: Rondo FIST FIGHTS CP3 after Ingram pushes harden & presses the ref
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2018, 11:46:39 AM »

Offline No Nickname

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Rondo’s punch was a lefty too. Impressive!  He hit Paul pretty squarely but it didn’t look like a full force punch with his legs behind it.

Paul’s hits on Rondo seemed a little harder as he was stepping in to them. He got one clean shot and one glancer.

Then Ingram got in a 7ft wingspan glancing blow on Paul.

I’d say Paul gave as good as he got. But he had to expect to get punched after poking Rondo so ha4 in the eye area.

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2018, 11:52:21 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Part of the reason why I love Rondo is because spitting on Paul is something I totally think he's capable of doing, whether or not he actually did it.

I'm surprised, a lot of you are saying "did he spit, I don't see him spit, I don't believe he spit..."

And I'm over here thinking, "ya that sounds like something Rondo would definitely do."

I was thinking Rondo did something before CP3 reacted. Rondo was there to instigate he was standing there in front of Paul and two other Rockets players. I thought that he had either said something or spat in Paul's face. I was  not surprised to hear Paul make that allegation. There is still no video evidence of it other than the circumstance of Paul wiping his eye orbit before he poked Rondo in the face.

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2018, 11:55:33 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Part of the reason why I love Rondo is because spitting on Paul is something I totally think he's capable of doing, whether or not he actually did it.

I'm surprised, a lot of you are saying "did he spit, I don't see him spit, I don't believe he spit..."

And I'm over here thinking, "ya that sounds like something Rondo would definitely do."

Why rely on hearsay when there's hundreds of cameras in Staples? If it wasn't for Rondo's reputation, people would accept that the video doesn't show him spitting on CP3 instead of debating whether or not he's capable of it.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2018, 11:55:52 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I kinda get Ingram pushing Harden like that... walking across Ingram's path waving his hand around asking for something from the ref without any regard to who is in the way.

Agree about LeBron though, he shoulda been holding Ingram back, not Paul.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2018, 11:57:53 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Why rely on hearsay when there's hundreds of cameras in Staples? If it wasn't for Rondo's reputation, people would accept that the video doesn't show him spitting on CP3 instead of debating whether or not he's capable of it.

this is why reputation and track record is important ..... Paul > Rondo in the integrity department.

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2018, 11:59:28 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
I kinda get Ingram pushing Harden like that... walking across Ingram's path waving his hand around asking for something from the ref without any regard to who is in the way.

huh? you get Ingram? that was a punk move that started everything and he was rightly assessed a technical for that nonsense.

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2018, 12:05:29 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228

let's forget reputation's and track records for a min. here. as I mentioned in my previous post I believe a confrontation between these 2 was long over due and inevitable. 

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2018, 12:07:34 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

this is why reputation and track record is important ..... Paul > Rondo in the integrity department.

Is he? Paul may have a better better public relations team, but he's no saint. I'm still not seeing why we should dismiss video evidence because Paul says so. Because that's a load of..... something.

CP3 eye gouging Rondo was dirty. Put let's make the narrative about something else.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2018, 12:25:51 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
yeah we live in a society now where reputation and track record outweigh proof anyway so what's the point of hunting down a video that might show the truth...

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2018, 12:26:58 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Seems like Rondo actually did spit on Chris Paul.

https://twitter.com/tom2517/status/1054043044817731584

Doesn't bode well for Rondo.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2018, 12:30:01 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

there we go, that's all I was asking for.

and ya know what, changes nothing on my opinion. I've long felt paul is a doosh and he's had something like this coming from rondo for yrs. now.

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2018, 12:37:06 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Some people on Twitter are saying it’s altered.

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2018, 12:39:57 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Yep.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2018, 12:47:42 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

huh? you get Ingram? that was a punk move that started everything and he was rightly assessed a technical for that nonsense.

Yeah, I don't know, I hate Harden, always complaining.. Look how he walks right into Ingram, doing the two fingers thing. Sure Ingram gets a tech for that, but I just understand his frustration
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2018, 12:52:35 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437