Author Topic: Just Saw Indiana Jones  (Read 12763 times)

Re: Just Saw Indiana Jones
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 10:12:34 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I saw this two nights ago and enjoyed it. I never felt like I wished I hadn't of watched it, and as was said before the beginning was so awesome I will probably see it again. About 2/3 the way through it stalls, but then it wraps up too quickly...there is none of that mischievous indiana jones trickery like at the end of Holy Grail or Lost Ark except at the beginning to until about halfway through.

I didn't hate the shia Lebouf character, although I did find the james dean impersonation a little much.

some people say that their dream girl is jessica alba, or jessica simpson or Kathy Ireland from Necessary Roughness....whatever.

Mine is Karen Allen circa 1978-1982.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 02:47:08 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This movie was fun. If you like the first three, you will probably like this one. My rankings:

Raiders
Last Crusade
Crystal Skull
Temple of Doom

I'd rank it the same as this. I guess I went for the wrong reasons cause I never saw any of the others in theaters and thought it would sorta be the same. The new Star Wars movies made me feel the exact same as the ones in the 80s made me feel, but not this Indiana J at all. It was more like "things have changed. Deal with it." It was ok how they wrapped it up and all, and of course left it open to make another 100million whenever they want, but it was just not the same

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 03:25:45 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I thought it was good.  I think because Indiana Jones has always been kinda older it didn't matter if he was 60.  He's a professor who likes adventure.  And the precedent was set with Connery still being an effective adventure seeker as an old man.

I also thought it was interesting that Laboof's outfit was pretty much identical to Marlon Brandon in "The Wild One"

But it's cool that they borrowed from a variety of movies in this series.  All intentional, obviously...