Author Topic: SI: Celtics could trade Brown+Hayward for Westbrook  (Read 13807 times)

Re: SI: Celtics could trade Brown+Hayward for Westbrook
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2019, 10:06:26 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
well, this thread did not last long did it?  ;D

Westbrook is an electric player, but with the acquisition of Kemba, it made absolutely no sense. I guess that didn't stop Houston, though! Glad to put this stressor to bed.

i ll bet Danny had a deal on the table for Westbrooke ,   ind be shocked if he did not . Dannys offer was not good enough to beat Houstons is my guess.  If Westbrooke was a bad fit in Boston , he is worse in Houston.  That was a desperation move by the owner of the Rockets to be in the title mix with the LA's ,  he didn't want the title decided before the season was even started . He is right ....in a way ......Bron could get hurt and Kwahi could blow out a hip ....and Rockets would be right back in the mix .

« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2019, 11:58:26 AM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
not sure how 2 ball dominate players can play together.  Houston traded one who did not fit for another who has the same problem.  Houston needed PG, not RW. 

« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2019, 12:12:16 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Westbrook is an electric player, but with the acquisition of Kemba, it made absolutely no sense. I guess that didn't stop Houston, though! Glad to put this stressor to bed.

i ll bet Danny had a deal on the table for Westbrooke ,   ind be shocked if he did not . Dannys offer was not good enough to beat Houstons is my guess.  If Westbrooke was a bad fit in Boston , he is worse in Houston.  That was a desperation move by the owner of the Rockets to be in the title mix with the LA's ,  he didn't want the title decided before the season was even started . He is right ....in a way ......Bron could get hurt and Kwahi could blow out a hip ....and Rockets would be right back in the mix .

Well done, Sam Presti. Got a fi****l of first round picks for Westbrook.

Edit: ha - it bleeped out the middle of f-i-s-t-f-u-l.

« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2019, 12:17:53 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, it does that with the acronym, s-t-f-u. Even if it is in the middle of a word. That doesn't beat the Tremont Waters father dying thread where the same thing happened when you make Tremont Waters all one word. It's always interesting to see what words get 'starred' and what don't.

« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2019, 12:20:09 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Yeah, it does that with the acronym, s-t-f-u. Even if it is in the middle of a word. That doesn't beat the Tremont Waters father dying thread where the same thing happened when you make Tremont Waters all one word. It's always interesting to see what words get 'starred' and what don't.

Lol. Took me a  minute...

« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2019, 12:56:07 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Still think Hayward for Kevin Love make sense.

We have a logjam at the 3 and no power forward.

Plus, I think Kemba/Brown/Tatum/Love/Kanter is a pretty good team.

Love is basically an Al Horford replacement.

Nothing at all against Hayward. I just think either him or Tatum needs to go and both are too small to play the 4. Plus, Hayward's contract matches well with alot of the top players in the league.

« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2019, 12:58:26 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Nothing at all against Hayward. I just think either him or Tatum needs to go and both are too small to play the 4. Plus, Hayward's contract matches well with alot of the top players in the league.

Kevin Love is not moving the needle. He also is signed until 2023 and will be making ~30 million each year. Hayward on the other hand is signed until 2021 at that number.

I think in the Celtics long term interest, they need to just ride out this season with sub-par bigs.

« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2019, 01:05:11 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224

I would be all for a GH for Love trade if we got Capela or Adams instead of Kanter. Kanter plus Love is just a bad combo defensively.

Sidenote: people overlook KLove now a days. He’s still an elite rebounder and shooter with championship experience.

« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2019, 01:28:57 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Sidenote: people overlook KLove now a days. He’s still an elite rebounder and shooter with championship experience.
He was hurt last year and shot 38% from the field, is over 30, and is owed 120 million over the next 4 years.

Its not so much that he's overlooked, its that we need to see him play at an all-star level again before he's worth a second look.

« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2019, 01:46:34 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Do not want Love.  He is washed up and doesn't play defense.
He was good 3 years ago.  Not since.

Celtics should pursue KA Towns.  We still have draft picks, Brown, and Tatum.  Some of our assets should be attractive.

« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2019, 02:06:01 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
I am hoping this is all the creation of the SI writer and not any based on any "inside info" from a Celtics source. This trade would be absolute insanity. We finally got rid of one head case who dribbled the ball too much - why would we want another ?
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2019, 02:07:21 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Do not want Love.  He is washed up and doesn't play defense.
He was good 3 years ago.  Not since.

Celtics should pursue KA Towns.  We still have draft picks, Brown, and Tatum.  Some of our assets should be attractive.

Towns ain't a champion - he just doesn't have the heart for battle that you need to win a title - and he is lazy on defense.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2019, 02:27:59 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I am hoping this is all the creation of the SI writer and not any based on any "inside info" from a Celtics source. This trade would be absolute insanity. We finally got rid of one head case who dribbled the ball too much - why would we want another ?
We can rest easy with Westbrook traded to Houston. Now they have two of the highest usage guys ever!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)