Author Topic: Rumor:Cs want first AND rotation player for Smart: Excellent Celticwire article  (Read 5619 times)

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Marc Stein says:

"Denver is among the teams that has explored Marcus Smart trade scenarios with Boston, according to league sources. Emmanuel Mudiay has been made available, sources say, but the Celts covet a first-round pick for Smart"

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/960573081948323840

I uh, don't think we're super-interested in Mudiay for Smart.

No thanks.

If DEN threw in a future first rounder, then maybe, but they won't.

I really like the phrasing of Mudiay "being made" available as if it was some major change in status. Pretty sure he's been available for a while now.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Marc Stein says:

"Denver is among the teams that has explored Marcus Smart trade scenarios with Boston, according to league sources. Emmanuel Mudiay has been made available, sources say, but the Celts covet a first-round pick for Smart"

No thanks.

I really like the phrasing of Mudiay "being made" available as if it was some major change in status. Pretty sure he's been available for a while now.

Shows you that they are actually offering nothing and its a non story.  Smart is a much better player.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Ugh, fine. Jokic and a 2nd for Smart, but I’m not compromising on that 2nd!

Seriously, though, I doubt we move Smart, but Lyles would be interesting.

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Marc Stein says:

No thanks.

This is a rare trade in which you'd be able to downgrade offensively by getting rid of Smart...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Marc Stein says:

No thanks.

This is a rare trade in which you'd be able to downgrade offensively by getting rid of Smart...

You'd be losing gigantically on defense but I know not many Celtics bloggers care, when we watch the best defensive team in the league night in and night out *shrug*
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Marc Stein says:

No thanks.

You'd be losing gigantically on defense but I know not many Celtics bloggers care, when we watch the best defensive team in the league night in and night out *shrug*

Almost anyone would be a downgrade defensively from Smart. I think Koz's point is it's hard to find an exchange where we get a guy who's worse on offense too.

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

So many players have developed plus shooting after several years of being average. Murphy's Law says Marcus locks in as soon as he leaves...

I really am still a believer in his offensive improvement continuing.  I think he will work too hard.  He is a very intelligent player as far as knowing the game as well.  Although he hasn't made a jump on offense I still do see bits continuing to improve and putting him on the brink (for example, his pick and roll passing as gotten even better this year and he has showed some knack for paint scoring sometimes, in a way that could work for him as a big physical guy).

We all know about his shooting but it has picked up over time after a terrible start early.

I have been bothered by the hand incident though and personally even more so by his talking about it due to the lack of acknowledgement that it was a self destructive and entirely self caused incident.

Let's hope some other team with a first-rounder and a rotation player to spare think the same thing.

Of course there is. It's the same hypothetical team that would have been willing to give up two firsts last year fro Brook Lopez.

Mike