Author Topic: Bonjour  (Read 3603 times)

Bonjour
« on: January 31, 2011, 11:23:57 AM »

Offline celticglaswegian

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 9
Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself on this forum. I'm a french guy studying in Scotland, a Celtics fan since 2003. Thankfully Mike James, Jiri Welsch and Mark Blount have been replaced by Rondo, Ray & KG since !
I've been reading you for a long time and now that I feel more comfortable with my english I finally decided to register so I can participate a little.

Cheers !

Re: Bonjour
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 11:25:30 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Tommy point and welcome aboard, Mon frere.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 11:42:14 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Oo vous habitez dans France?

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 02:21:36 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Welcome, Celticglaswegian.  Hope we hear from you often.  I lived in Scotland for a year (Dunoon) many years ago, and my husbands family is from Scotland on both sides of the family and both sides of the country!  ;D  Beautiful country, friendly, helpful and courteous people.  Where are you studying?  And what are you studying?
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 02:50:41 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Welcome to the big bad forums my man.  Here's a TP!

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 02:58:03 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Welcome to CB, here's another TP.

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 03:50:30 PM »

Offline celticglaswegian

• Jaden Springer
I normally stay in France but I'm in Glasgow for 9 months studying law. Scotland is a really beautiful country... outside of Glasgow ! But people here are really friendly although they have one of the worst accent possible...
I'm trying to visit the countryside as much as possible which is amazing and I really like that people are less stressed and talk to you easier than in France.

By the way, I'm looking for the Throwback Jersey the Cs wore last season, the green one, but with Allen on the back. Is this one available ? Haven't seen it on internet...

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 04:34:53 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
I normally stay in France but I'm in Glasgow for 9 months studying law. Scotland is a really beautiful country... outside of Glasgow ! But people here are really friendly although they have one of the worst accent possible...
I'm trying to visit the countryside as much as possible which is amazing and I really like that people are less stressed and talk to you easier than in France.

By the way, I'm looking for the Throwback Jersey the Cs wore last season, the green one, but with Allen on the back. Is this one available ? Haven't seen it on internet...

The 'throwback' jersey's that read 'Boston' on the front as in the picture you posted above are only available for the players Bill Russell, John Havlicek, and Bob Cousy.  Sorry  :(

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 04:48:06 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
Bienvenue!  Avez-vous un point de Tommy!

(my French is terrible so that may not make sense!)

Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 07:14:50 PM »

Offline celticglaswegian

• Jaden Springer
The 'throwback' jersey's that read 'Boston' on the front as in the picture you posted above are only available for the players Bill Russell, John Havlicek, and Bob Cousy.  Sorry  :(

Well, I might get the classic one then... Thanks anyway, you have the honor to receive my 1st TP !

Bienvenue!  Avez-vous un point de Tommy!

(my French is terrible so that may not make sense!)

You just need to reverse "avez-vous" to "vous avez" and that's actually good french !