Author Topic: a Dirk and his AWOL  (Read 4344 times)

a Dirk and his AWOL
« on: February 12, 2010, 03:56:23 AM »

Kiorrik

Heya peeps

You might've noticed that I've not been attending the game threads for quite a while. My going AWOL has nothing to do with the current lapse in our game though, I assure you. I'm still bleeding green, and it actually looks like I've been bleeding *more* since we started losing :)

The reason for my leave however, has everything to do with my personal life being extremely hectic and I can't afford spending time on my favorite hobby anymore without it directly affecting the rest of my life. The thing is, it costs a lot of time and energy, two things which I need for other things right now.

The details of my situation are already quite well known, I guess. I'm about to move to Australia and a lot has to be done before I can actually leave. Since I'm going to move in with my lady, who lives there already, this is priority number one in my life right now.

It pains me to have to put Celtic basketball on the back burner like this, but things just played out like this.

Having said all of this, don't consider me gone. I'm still here on a daily basis, reading up on topics and reading PM's. I'll still post every now and then, but I won't keep up the murdering pace I had going a while ago :)

Well, I just thought I owed you guys an explanation, for some silly reason. Looks like I've grown attached to all of ya'll. Silly me ;)

LET'S GO CELTICS!!!

- Dirk

Re: a Dirk and his AWOL
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 03:58:46 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Well, at least you picked a fantastic time to take a break from watching the Celtics
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 07:29:56 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Another Aussie (adopted) C's fan.

We gladly welcome your type down here.

Where abouts are you moving to exactly (thats right, i want street number, street name,town, state etc  :P)

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 07:34:01 AM »

Kiorrik

Where abouts are you moving to exactly (thats right, i want street number, street name,town, state etc  :P)

I'll just give you Syndey for now ;)

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 07:48:32 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown

Cmon Man, Its Sydney!  You need to work on that before you get here.

Just make sure you dont pronounce it as former IOC President Juan Antonio Samaranch did......SI-DA-NEE.

Sydney is in fact my old stomping ground.  Spent first 22 years of my life there.  I am now a Mexican (you'll know what that means when you get here)

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 08:06:35 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Heya peeps

You might've noticed that I've not been attending the game threads for quite a while. My going AWOL has nothing to do with the current lapse in our game though, I assure you. I'm still bleeding green, and it actually looks like I've been bleeding *more* since we started losing :)

The reason for my leave however, has everything to do with my personal life being extremely hectic and I can't afford spending time on my favorite hobby anymore without it directly affecting the rest of my life. The thing is, it costs a lot of time and energy, two things which I need for other things right now.

The details of my situation are already quite well known, I guess. I'm about to move to Australia and a lot has to be done before I can actually leave. Since I'm going to move in with my lady, who lives there already, this is priority number one in my life right now.

It pains me to have to put Celtic basketball on the back burner like this, but things just played out like this.

Having said all of this, don't consider me gone. I'm still here on a daily basis, reading up on topics and reading PM's. I'll still post every now and then, but I won't keep up the murdering pace I had going a while ago :)

Well, I just thought I owed you guys an explanation, for some silly reason. Looks like I've grown attached to all of ya'll. Silly me ;)

LET'S GO CELTICS!!!

- Dirk

Oh boy... We all know what happened last time you were in Australia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlWNg4k0MLY

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 08:08:22 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
Heya peeps

LET'S GO CELTICS!!!

- Dirk

Oh boy... We all know what happened last time you were in Australia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlWNg4k0MLY

****.  TP

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 09:24:23 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Well, bad news for CB, good news for you and your girlfriend!

Good luck for your preparation before your departure. You're lucky to move in Australia, I wish I could visit this country, the landscapes are beautiful (although it might be quite different in terms of activity from what I've heard :P ).

Take care and let's hope you have more time soon to post again on CB!

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 09:27:23 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Cmon Man, Its Sydney!  You need to work on that before you get here.

Just make sure you dont pronounce it as former IOC President Juan Antonio Samaranch did......SI-DA-NEE.

Sydney is in fact my old stomping ground.  Spent first 22 years of my life there.  I am now a Mexican (you'll know what that means when you get here)

I don't know why that last sentence is funny, but it is hilarious.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 10:53:36 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Heya peeps

LET'S GO CELTICS!!!

- Dirk
  Silly you!  :)  The attachment goes both ways! Look forward to your posts when you are able to make them again.  Until then, onward to a new adventure...and best wishes to you and your girl.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!