Author Topic: "PAY IT FORWARD"  (Read 7360 times)

Re: "PAY IT FORWARD"
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 06:48:40 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Meh, people should always do the tiny things. Hold the doors, let others pass first, be kind to everyone, etc. It's weird that these things are no longer normal :(

Maybe we can make it normal again, K ... at least get the ball rolling in our small ways. One thing's for sure, it will never happen if we don't. ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 06:54:32 PM »

Kiorrik

A man does what he can ;)

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 09:34:23 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I did the "leave an extra tip" thing this morning, and kind of hid to watch the reaction ... very cool. ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 12:34:18 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I did the "leave an extra tip" thing this morning, and kind of hid to watch the reaction ... very cool. ;)

OK, so this was my "PIF" thing for today: I took a "PIF" collection at work and had someone run out to by a bunch of long-stem roses, (I think we got 7 dozen) ... as people were discharged or admitted from the ER, they or a family member were given a rose, and as an addendum to the DC or Admit papers we put: "Pay it forward if you can ... and have a Happy Holiday!" ... the reactions were varied, but the best was the huge fruit and candy basket delivered to the Pediatric Oncology Unit with an anonymous note: "Thank the ER ... and pay it forward" ... very cool. :))

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 08:28:36 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Does it count if the person Paying it Forward was drunk?

Man pays $72 for a taco, says 'Merry Christmas'
AP

Fri Dec 18, 9:11 pm ET

SANDUSKY, Ohio – So much for the value menu. A Taco Bell manager in Ohio says a man who appeared drunk walked into the restaurant earlier this week and handed him $72 for just one taco. The manager tells police near the northern Ohio town of Sandusky that the customer who seemed to be in his early 20s refused to take back the money and told workers "Merry Christmas."

Manager Aaron Ohm says he thought for sure the man would return for his money, but he so far he hasn't shown up.

Police are holding on to the money as evidence and say if it's not claimed in 60 days, the store manager will get a late Christmas gift.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 05:09:20 PM »

Kiorrik

Today, I made clearer version of CelticsTown's logo, and helped them with some advice for their forums.

I'll either link this topic to him, or tell him to pay it forward, haven't decided yet ;)

It's something small, but hey, that's where it starts!