Author Topic: NFL > NBA  (Read 4013 times)

NFL > NBA
« on: November 25, 2012, 09:18:19 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I mean i already knew this but today it really became reality even more. The celtics game was on but so was the ravens game and the saints 49ers game. I missed almost all of the 3rd quarter today because i was too busy watching the ravens game *Dang chargers choked!*

Its funny to me because the NFL is the only sport where i can watch a team that's not my team and i still really really enjoy it. How do you guys feel about the NFL?

I'm assuming most of you like the NFL but which do you prefer NFL or NBA? I know most of america would say NFL for sure. No contest for me NFL all the way. Still love the celtics tho.

Re: NFL > NBA
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 09:33:52 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I didn't grow up in a sporty family, so I never really got to experience professional sports until I was in grade school.  I watched Boston beat Miami when Pierce hit that buzzer beater (2010 first round), and I've been a fan of the NBA ever since.

I make a concerted effort to watch other sports, though.  I make sure I watch the Superbowl, World Series, and NHL Finals, just so I know a little bit when I talk to my friends about those sports.  But I really just enjoy the NBA and college basketball and football.  That being said, my friends love the NFL, for the same reason as you do.  Every game is a great game, they tell me.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 09:43:13 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I watch more NFL. 

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 10:02:34 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

Its funny to me because the NFL is the only sport where i can watch a team that's not my team and i still really really enjoy it. How do you guys feel about the NFL?

i am the opposite, i don't mind watching a non-celtics games if its good match up. NFL, i would only watch my team(Chargers  :'()

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 10:42:43 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

i am the opposite, i don't mind watching a non-celtics games if its good match up. NFL, i would only watch my team(Chargers  :'()

Your team really let me down today!!! *Patriots fan*

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 10:51:27 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Reality is your byproduct of NFL hype machine which dwarfs NBA. 6 days of week you are bombarded (sports tv watchers/sports radio listeners) with NFL talk. They are great at manufacturing fake story-lines accompanied with fake the suspense build up. Every game makes or breaks you season.  ::) So you the consumer naturally want to know the final outcome of this grande build up. Unplug the then you'll know if NFL>NBA is genuine or you are byproduct of the hype.

To a lot of foreigners who aren't exposed to hype machine, they find the game boring as chart below illustrates. All the hype and build up to see 11 minutes of action.

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 10:55:59 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Reality is your byproduct of NFL hype machine which dwarfs NBA. 6 days of week you are bombarded (sports tv watchers/sports radio listeners) with NFL talk. They are great at manufacturing fake story-lines accompanied with fake the suspense build up. Every game makes or breaks you season.  ::) So you the consumer naturally want to know the final outcome of this grande build up like. Unplug the then you'll know if NFL>NBA is genuine or you are byproduct of the hype.

To a lot of foreigners who aren't exposed to hype machine, they find the game boring as chart below illustrates

Say what now????  ???

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 10:58:17 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Its funny i saw the pictures after i posted my last comment and i think i understand now lol. You're trying to say you find football boring??? That's cool. Football is americas sport i know how outsiders feel about it tho.

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 10:59:16 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 11:02:36 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I'm more of a basketball fan but football is entertaining too (on the field and off).

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 11:03:55 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I like football, played it in high school, but I'm a basketball (specifically my Celtics) junkie.  If they are playing a pre-season game on a day where the Patriots have a huge game, or if they are playing a February game against the Raptors on super bowl Sunday, I'll always choose the Cs. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 11:10:04 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I kind of figured that's what you were trying to say lol. One more huge reason i like the NFL more, The NBA has BY FAR the worst officiating in all of sports.

The NFL refs and Umpires in MLB are respected. The NBA refs are a complete joke and ruin the game for me. If i didn't love the celtics so much i wouldn't even watch the NBA. That's not the only reason i love football more tho.

To me basketball has to be in the playoffs for it to even remotely come close to just the excitement of watching one NFL regular season game. It is true that every game matters in the NFL. Not so much in the NBA. Its actually hard for me to even put into words on why i think the NFL is great.

Basketball to me is extremely boring but i love the celtics so that keeps my attention. Playoff basketball is where the fun really starts for me and even then it can't hold a candle to the NFL playoffs. I tried to watch the heat play the other day and i was bored to death *Until the final mins*.

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 11:16:38 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
Its funny i saw the pictures after i posted my last comment and i think i understand now lol. You're trying to say you find football boring??? That's cool. Football is americas sport i know how outsiders feel about it tho.

I kind of figured that's what you were trying to say lol. One more huge reason i like the NFL more, The NBA has BY FAR the worst officiating in all of sports.

The NFL refs and Umpires in MLB are respected. The NBA refs are a complete joke and ruin the game for me. If i didn't love the celtics so much i wouldn't even watch the NBA. That's not the only reason i love football more tho.

To me basketball has to be in the playoffs for it to even remotely come close to just the excitement of watching one NFL regular season game. It is true that every game matters in the NFL. Not so much in the NBA. Its actually hard for me to even put into words on why i think the NFL is great.

Basketball to me is extremely boring but i love the celtics so that keeps my attention. Playoff basketball is where the fun really starts for me and even then it can't hold a candle to the NFL playoffs. I tried to watch the heat play the other day and i was bored to death *Until the final mins*.

Whatever floats your boat man. I'm basketball guy myself borderline junkie. I do watch some nfl games. But im not enthralled in the sport. Didn't the sport originate in Europe?  ;)

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 11:44:52 PM »

Offline blastoidesroidsnoids

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 21
I feel nfl is mostly all hype.  So much desire to have your team win and brag about it to everyone on the face of the earth. Its fun to watch but theres only like 10 minutes of play and only half of that is fun to watch... which makes it all the more breath taking when something big happens.
 But theres so many players on the field and off it that most of them seem insignificant. Honestly I dont find it that fun to watch unless its the Patriots or Ive had a few beers. 

If you look at just the gameplay you get from NFL and compare it with NBA its not even close.  NBA is continuous, fastpaced, and jam packed full of close quarter action and filthy displays of athletic talent. NFL is closer to a game of chess with a lot of long breaks.

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 12:43:58 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I feel nfl is mostly all hype.  So much desire to have your team win and brag about it to everyone on the face of the earth. Its fun to watch but theres only like 10 minutes of play and only half of that is fun to watch... which makes it all the more breath taking when something big happens.
 But theres so many players on the field and off it that most of them seem insignificant. Honestly I dont find it that fun to watch unless its the Patriots or Ive had a few beers. 

If you look at just the gameplay you get from NFL and compare it with NBA its not even close.  NBA is continuous, fastpaced, and jam packed full of close quarter action and filthy displays of athletic talent. NFL is closer to a game of chess with a lot of long breaks.

Meh, see i disagree. Not sure what you mean by ALL HYPE lol. "So much desire to have your team win so you can brag about it" Same as basketball and every other sport. Basketball there's alot of breaks as well. A few seconds of up and down and then somebody gets fouled and a long break is taken while a guy takes two free throws *Boring lol*.

Also since when is checkers better than chess? Since when is face paced better than slow paced? I think this generation is full of ADD kids. *Not talking about you but in general*. My main beef with the NBA is the refs but even if the NBA had the best refs in the world it would still come second to NFL but at least i would respect it more.