Author Topic: EPL 2013/2014  (Read 32870 times)

Re: EPL 2013/2014
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 10:14:00 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Spurs have officially signed Lamela, he might be eligable for sunday against Arsenal
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2013, 04:11:13 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Tottenham just got Christian Eriksen from Ajax.

Very surprised that happened. They opened with such a low ball offer £6.9 million (€9mil). I wonder how much they ended up signing him for. Anyways, excellent signing. Spurs badly needed some more creativity in the advanced central midfield area. Valuable addition.

Update: It was £11 million. Spurs have now spent £110.5 million this summer.

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2013, 05:39:46 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Tottenham is legit stacked now.  The fact that they lost probably the best player in the EPL last year and have improved is insane.  Theyve brought in so many good players this window. 
do it

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2013, 10:33:53 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I watched MU against chelsea and liverpool

i`m sad to say it`s the less talented MU team i can remember And players like Felaini aren`t enough.

Chelsea plays with Oscar- Hazard-Mata behind the striker and MU`s best players there are the unhappy Rooney and the 40y/o Giggs

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2013, 12:10:29 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
Arsenal got Ozil (Rondo`s lost german brother)

i can`t believe MU didn`t push hard for him
i can`t believe arsenal spent that much
i can`t believe real let him go (i was sure that DiMaria was a surplus but i guess Real needed the 50mil and Isco looks great)

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2013, 12:47:53 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Arsenal got Ozil (Rondo`s lost german brother)

i can`t believe MU didn`t push hard for him
i can`t believe arsenal spent that much
i can`t believe real let him go (i was sure that DiMaria was a surplus but i guess Real needed the 50mil and Isco looks great)

Florentino Perez is turning Real Madrid into the New York Yankees of soccer... without the winning. It's disgusting to watch the best club of the 20th Century becoming a joke. Paying 67M euros for Kaka to end up giving him back to Milan for free may be one of the worst things I've seen. But paying the Spurs 100M euros for Bale and then getting half the money to send Özil to Arsenal is even worse. Di Maria or Coentrao (combined) could've been sent to other teams for 50-60M euros, so I don't get where's the business sense of this. And while Isco is a good player, he isn't in Özil's category. Real Madrid is ruled by idiots. /rant

If Özil ends up playing for Arsenal (I refuse to believe the news...denial ;)), he'll become the best EPL player, without a doubt, and Adidas main star there. I don't know if Özil will retain his personal image rights or if Arsenal will own them partially like Real Madrid does, but I hope the kid will own them and make some extra money. It's bad enough having to play for Wenger, so if you have to do so, better get a lot of dough.

For EPL fans it's good news, enjoy Mesut's game, he's one of the few players that bring emotion to this sport out of pure talent.

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2013, 07:04:37 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Whoa! £27.5 million (€32.4mil) for Fellaini to Man Utd.

Wow. That is a lot of money for Fellaini.

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2013, 10:24:51 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Very disappointed Chelsea have loaned out Lukaku again, this time to Everton. Why loan him and keep the useless Demba Ba?

Also not happy to see Juan Mata barely featuring so far. I love Mourinho but not thrilled with his off-field moves so far.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2013, 11:00:41 PM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
As an Arsenal fan, I find it hard to believe we actually signed Özil. He cost a lot of money, but a signing of this caliber was long overdue.

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2013, 01:03:20 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
As an Arsenal fan, I find it hard to believe we actually signed Özil. He cost a lot of money, but a signing of this caliber was long overdue.

That's true. Arsenal's biggest signing since?... Maybe Arsenal's biggest signing full stop.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2013, 02:38:15 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
So MU didn`t pay 50m for Ozil , didn`t try to get Eriksen (11m!!!) didn`t make o run for DeRossi and spent 32m for Felaini ? That`s how Bale can cost 100m.

The worst MU offseason i can remember

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2013, 03:04:26 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Juan Mata is too dangerous to let go somebody else`s EPL or Champions League squad. Arsenal have really pulled one out of the hat and clearly Moyes is no Ferguson.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2013, 03:12:34 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
PSG was interested in Mata. But as LatterDayCelticsfan says JM is no fool to strengthen the competition.

I guess Ferguson`s MU is more attractive than Moyes` but i think the main problem was that they weren`t willing to spent. Except Fabregas every other player they targeted was "for sale" and eventualy ended up being transfered to other teams. You spend 32m for Felaini but not 50 for Ozin ?? This is ridiculous!

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 04:46:54 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Very disappointed Chelsea have loaned out Lukaku again, this time to Everton. Why loan him and keep the useless Demba Ba?

Also not happy to see Juan Mata barely featuring so far. I love Mourinho but not thrilled with his off-field moves so far.

I am happy to see Lukaku go to Everton. Good club who will play attractive football under Roberto Martinez. It'll be a great place for Lukaku to grow as a player. A bigger and better club than WBA. And playing in a possession-based team will be great for developing Lukaku's non-scoring contributions.

I don't think Lukaku is truly good enough to play for Chelsea at the moment. Too raw. Not well-rounded enough. Good goal-scorer but the rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired. Another season gaining experience will be very good for him. Especially since it is Everton.

Disappointed Demba Ba is still there though. Nowhere near good enough. Has no business being at Chelsea.

Delighted to see Samuel Eto'o join the club. I think he'll be very good for the club.

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2013, 12:54:50 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton

I am happy to see Lukaku go to Everton. Good club who will play attractive football under Roberto Martinez. It'll be a great place for Lukaku to grow as a player. A bigger and better club than WBA. And playing in a possession-based team will be great for developing Lukaku's non-scoring contributions.

I don't think Lukaku is truly good enough to play for Chelsea at the moment. Too raw. Not well-rounded enough. Good goal-scorer but the rest of his game leaves a lot to be desired. Another season gaining experience will be very good for him. Especially since it is Everton.

Disappointed Demba Ba is still there though. Nowhere near good enough. Has no business being at Chelsea.

Delighted to see Samuel Eto'o join the club. I think he'll be very good for the club.

Agree on Demba Ba, just worthless. Strongly disagree on Lukaku. He is ready. Has the size and strength to be a super sub. If he was actually given a fair go he would easily score more than Torres.

As I said, I'm a big Mourinho fan but I'm genuinely concerned that he has 'lost it'. He stated all pre-season that Lukaku would be very much part of the team this year. So what's changed after a few games?

Add that to the disgraceful treatment of Juan Mata so far, add that to the petulant response to the Super Cup game and I'm really worried.

So Chelsea have 2 past their prime strikers plus Demba Ba to bring in the goals, yipee ::)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:32:03 AM by Adelaide Celt »