Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode IX  (Read 29372 times)

Star Wars: Episode IX
« on: April 12, 2019, 01:59:56 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
The trailer and title dropped for Episode IX.

"The Rise of Skywalker"
https://youtu.be/adzYW5DZoWs

Some interesting things to note; Leia holding Luke or Han's medal they received after the Battle of Yavin, Lando is back flying the Falcon, the trio looking over the wreckage of the Death Star while you hear Palpatine's laugh in the background. Ian McDiarmid is confirmed to be coming back for this movie. I'm excited, this was a great trailer and I'm pumped to find out the meaning behind the title. Is Rey actually a Skywalker? Will Ben redeem himself and his family? Is there another Skywalker somewhere?

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 02:00:26 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
Oh and Luke's lightsaber has been repaired!

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 02:11:26 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I was wondering if that was part of the Death Star.  Certainly looked that way. 

Looks very promising & love the title.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 02:24:22 PM by Donoghus »

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 02:21:02 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Best theory I've heard so far is that Rey is a female clone or genetically engineered offspring of Anakin Skywalker created by the Empire near the very end of the first trilogy.

It would explain the no parents, vision in the cave (that especially seems to hint clone), why most of the old characters seem to have an unspoken sense of who she is. It'd also drive Kylo absolutely nuts.

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 02:23:13 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Best theory I've heard so far is that Rey is a female clone or genetically engineered offspring of Anakin Skywalker created by the Empire near the very end of the first trilogy.

It would explain the no parents, vision in the cave (that especially seems to hint clone), why most of the old characters seem to have an unspoken sense of who she is. It'd also drive Kylo absolutely nuts.
In the old post-movie cannon Paps did love his clones (of vader, himself, soldiers, everyone!)

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 02:26:55 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

In the old post-movie cannon Paps did love his clones (of vader, himself, soldiers, everyone!)

And of course in the prequels too. But yeah it was used as a cheap device to bring back popular characters or tilt the numbers waaaaay too often in the books. Maybe we'll see her name written down and learn that it's actually Reey  ;)

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2019, 03:14:29 PM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum

And of course in the prequels too. But yeah it was used as a cheap device to bring back popular characters or tilt the numbers waaaaay too often in the books. Maybe we'll see her name written down and learn that it's actually Reey  ;)

Why does the vision in the cave hint clone? Also I'm hopeful she has a connection to Luke, as my favorite character.

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 04:01:06 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Why does the vision in the cave hint clone? Also I'm hopeful she has a connection to Luke, as my favorite character.

She looks for her parents and sees a long, long string of herself and then herself in the reflection. Implies she is her own "parent" meaning she's the result of a replication. It's possible she's a combination of Anakin and Padme to try and create a third kid, or duped from Luke's severed hand, or something, but that really seems to be suggesting some kind of duplication.

I'm pretty sure she's the "Skywalker" one way or the other - Kylo would qualify but audiences are really used to last names coming from their father.

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 04:03:26 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

She looks for her parents and sees a long, long string of herself. Implies she is her own "parent" meaning she's the result of a replication. It's possible she's a combination of Anakin and Padme to try and create a third kid, or duped from Luke's severed hand, or something, but that really seems to be suggesting some kind of duplication.

I'm pretty sure she's the "Skywalker" one way or the other - Kylo would qualify but audiences are really used to last names coming from their father.

I really, really, really don't want to see Kylo find redemption & come back to the light side.

He killed Han.  There's no coming back from that in my eyes.

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2019, 04:15:01 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

She looks for her parents and sees a long, long string of herself. Implies she is her own "parent" meaning she's the result of a replication. It's possible she's a combination of Anakin and Padme to try and create a third kid, or duped from Luke's severed hand, or something, but that really seems to be suggesting some kind of duplication.

I really, really, really don't want to see Kylo find redemption & come back to the light side.

In fairness Han wanted to die. Or at least Harrison Ford wanted him to. But if Vader can be redeemed you gotta know it's a distinct possibility.

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 04:20:01 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

In fairness Han wanted to die. Or at least Harrison Ford wanted him to. But if Vader can be redeemed you gotta know it's a distinct possibility.

I think it’s pretty much a guarantee.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 04:24:39 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Bringing back the Emperor as the ultimate villan to defeat would be brilliant move. It may even be the only thing that can save the ridiculous plot line the final trilogy has taken us down.

Sadly, we'll probably get some crap with Rey and Kylo defeating him together. Kylo should just die.

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 04:28:33 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Bringing back the Emperor as the ultimate villan to defeat would be brilliant move. It may even be the only thing that can save the ridiculous plot line the final trilogy has taken us down.

Sadly, we'll probably get some crap with Rey and Kylo defeating him together. Kylo should just die.

What exactly are you referring to? No judgement from me, just curious.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2019, 04:34:30 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

I think it’s pretty much a guarantee.

Which would stink, IMO.   

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2019, 05:50:43 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

The whole franchise should just die. I dont think anything can save the trilogy. The writing has been horrendous, plot holes huge and let's not even mention all the political stuff forced in. It's been a big spit into the faces of fans